a Trump vs Clinton United States Presidential Election in 2016

Who do you vote into the office of USA President?

• Total voters
OK I'm all for weird things, but no stuff about shooting puppies. Or kitties. Or the like. We have friends who run a rescue who I will NOT unleash on this board (see what I did there?), and it's NOT funny to joke about that with what they've seen "people" do to "dispose" of their animals.

Not cool to joke about IMO.

The Leader Of The Free World alluded to Alex Jones' comments about him being a demon and smelling like sulphur

also Trump advised his supporters to get out and vote on November 28th tonight

Necronic

Staff member
Apparently Donald Trump may not know when Election Day actually is. Either that or he intentionally misstated the date of the election. Seeing as it was at one of his own rallies I'm just gonna chalk this up to his continuing ability to wow us with his seemingly constant incompetence

I get that some of us here really hate Clinton. But this is like misspelling your name on the SATs

GasBandit

Staff member
Apparently Donald Trump may not know when Election Day actually is. Either that or he intentionally misstated the date of the election. Seeing as it was at one of his own rallies I'm just gonna chalk this up to his continuing ability to wow us with his seemingly constant incompetence

I get that some of us here really hate Clinton. But this is like misspelling your name on the SATs
I betcha even Gary "Aleppo" Johnson knows what day election day is.

Your wording is garbage. Why are you even allowed to speak?[DOUBLEPOST=1476228964,1476228516][/DOUBLEPOST]

No because it is a shitty joke, and everyone tries so desperately to be witty and sarcastic that I gloss it over. Also does your strawman need some clothes? It's getting colder now.
Damn, man, do you need a hug?

GasBandit

Staff member
Is it okay to be terrified yet?
FTA:

"Many Russians regard Zhirinovsky as a clownish figure who makes outspoken statements to grab attention but he is also widely viewed as a faithful servant of Kremlin policy, sometimes used to float radical opinions to test public reaction."

In other words, he is Donald Trumpovich.

Yeah I remember him, he ran against Yeltsin at one point, and most of Western Europe was like, "We can not let this guy be in charge of nukes".

Speaking of Putin, Trump Unshackled was playing live in Florida. Here's the top 4:

1. Trump implied that Paul Ryan is part of a sinister conspiracy against Trump due to the lack of a congratulatory phone call after the debate. "Trump said there was something fishy about the fact that Ryan didn’t call him to congratulate him on his debate performance on Sunday night.
“There’s a whole deal going on and we’re going to figure this out,” Trump said of Ryan. “There’s a whole sinister deal going on.”

2. Trump attacks the Commission for Presidential Debates, which he said had treated him unfairly. “I have no respect for that group by the way, I’m done,” he said while railing against them.

3. Trump re-asserts his claim that Obama founded ISIS. Trump has shifted back and forth about whether he’s really serious in his assertion that President Obama “founded” the Islamic State terrorist group. On Wednesday, he once again let the world know that he wasn’t really kidding.
Trump also said President Obama uses the acronym “ISIL” instead of “ISIS” because he likes “disturbing” Americans. (ISIL is "Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant"; ISIS is "Islamic State of Iraq and Syria", but it's the same organization)

4. He continued to blame his poor performance at the first debate on a non-working microphone, even though no one reviewing the debate seemed to indicate any problems hearing him. Indeed, being able to hear him was largely what counted against Trump.

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/10/uns...-the-4-most-insane-moments-from-todays-rally/

Last edited:
A Utah poll placed Clinton and Trump as tied...at 26% each. Second place went to Evan McMullin (22%), followed by Johnson (14%). If that poll is reflecting reality (and it might!) it is totally unprecedented, to my knowledge.

Well, if McMullin can pull Utah (unlikely, but that's probably his only possibility, and you can bet both Clinton and Trump will be running "Don't waste your vote!" commercials non stop there) and if the race is otherwise close enough, then Utah's 6 electoral votes could be the reason neither candidate gets 270. Surprisingly, Clinton is still campaigning there, counting on the Mormon's turning away from Trump, but with McMullin running I suspect she's not going to get a lot of trump votes.

Right now, though, it's Clinton's race to lose, and I suspect Trump's hot mic comments aren't going to have enough legs to keep his numbers down for another 3 weeks, meanwhile wikileaks is going to slowly release stuff about Clinton over the next few weeks and her internal communications aren't looking good for her.

If Johnson can pull something away, perhaps in the states where votes aren't winner take all, and Evan pulls away from them, it could be interesting.

Clinton has every reason to keep going in Utah, because the state has gone red since 1968 by a huge margin (Romney won by nearly 50% in 2012), but now in the chaos it is in play.

She doesn't even have to win, she just has to keep Trump from winning, and then it's a net gain.

Necronic

Staff member
Right now, though, it's Clinton's race to lose, and I suspect Trump's hot mic comments aren't going to have enough legs to keep his numbers down for another 3 weeks, meanwhile wikileaks is going to slowly release stuff about Clinton over the next few weeks and her internal communications aren't looking good for her.
Wikileaks already showed it didn't have much when it set themselves up with a big deadline to release their own October surprise and then promptly and very publicly pooped the bed. Most of the new Wikileaks documents aren't actually even showing anything all that interesting.

I really hope you don't think that the Wikileaks documents are showing something more disturbing than Trumps comments. Those aren't going away in 3 weeks. I have too much faith in humanity to think that people are that morally bankrupt.

And let's not act like Trump hasn't been, and won't continue to be trickle-feeding his own special brand of shit-show. The Stern tapes have not looked good. He doesn't know what day the election is. He's now the candidate behind #repealthe19thammendment. He was caught repeating Russian propoganda thinking it was true. This is just since the debate.

In the end I think enough people in this country now know how fundamentally unfit and, frankly, evil that man is. And that's not something that fades.

And as the election gets closer he is going to get more and more "unshackled" and really start letting himself go nuts.

And all that assumes that the Clinton campaign has no more opposition research left to deploy, which is probably something Trump prays is true every night.

Last edited:
Now I'm hearing Trump wants to abolish the FDA?

Is he trying to lose? I'm not asking sarcastically, it just really seems like he's blowing it on purpose at this point. I do not get it.

GasBandit

Staff member
Now I'm hearing Trump wants to abolish the FDA?

Is he trying to lose? I'm not asking sarcastically, it just really seems like he's blowing it on purpose at this point. I do not get it.
As I said at the onset of this madness, Trump has no filter and only the most tenuous of connections to reality and a toddler's grasp of logic - all of which can be owed to 70 years of never being told "no."

I don't think he actually technically lies, because to be lying, you have to be aware that what you are saying is a falsehood. He just opens his mouth and stream of consciousness bubbles out.

:popcorn:

It's like he's facing the reality that he might get elected, and is now trying his hardest to double down on his extremist positions.

And the people following him want it to happen!

:minionshout:

Necronic

Staff member
NYT is reporting of two women who were assaulted by Trump.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/10/13/us/politics/donald-trump-women.html?referer=

The fact that it's the NYT is pretty important here. I know a lot of people don't like them but they would not throw this out there entirely half assed.[DOUBLEPOST=1476315480,1476315388][/DOUBLEPOST]
In a phone interview on Tuesday night, a highly agitated Mr. Trump denied every one of the women’s claims.

“None of this ever took place,” said Mr. Trump, who began shouting at The Times reporter who was questioning him. He said that The Times was making up the allegations to hurt him and that he would sue the news organization if it reported them.

“You are a disgusting human being,” he told the reporter as she questioned him about the women’s claims.