[MLB] 2011 World Series

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's been set. Wednesday. Rangers vs Cardinals. On Fox. With emotional and exciting commentary by Joe Buck.

My prediction: Cards in 6.

Dave

Staff member
It's the World Series Fox dreaded.

My prediction? Doesn't matter who wins and in how many games - Fox loses and so do the ratings.

Necronic

Staff member
Even if the rangers loose they still win. Last year was the first time they ever made it to the world series. And this year they do it two years running.

I'm still rooting for them to win, of course. They aren't the podunk team they used to be (one of the higher paid teams these days), but I still feel like it's a David v Goliath thing.

Game 3 Pujols tied the World Series single game HR record, putting him on the same list next to Babe Ruth and Reggie Jackson.

Last night in Game 4 the Rangers tied the series with a 0-4 win.

Necronic

Staff member
Didn't one of the Rangers set a record for the most home runs in post-season this year? Or something like that?

Also 2-2, Saturday was a fluke and the Rangers are gonna beat on the cardinals like Elin Nordegren beats on SUVs.

Dave

Staff member
Since I don't care either way, I hope the Cards win.

http://www.kfns.com/JoeSportsFan/Story.aspx?ID=1557283

I love seeing a dude get the big windfall. He bet $250 at 500-1 odds the Cards would even MAKE the playoffs and another $250 for them to win it all. If they win he gets a total of $375,000 (before taxes). If Texas wins he gets only $125,000 (before taxes).

Granted, he did plunk down $500 which I could never do, but man wouldn't that be a great story?

This game is amazing.
Added at: 21:25
If Texas loses, they can kiss the series goodbye. There's no coming back from blowing a lead that would have won the series TWICE.

Since I don't care either way, I hope the Cards win.

http://www.kfns.com/JoeSportsFan/Story.aspx?ID=1557283

I love seeing a dude get the big windfall. He bet $250 at 500-1 odds the Cards would even MAKE the playoffs and another $250 for them to win it all. If they win he gets a total of $375,000 (before taxes). If Texas wins he gets only $125,000 (before taxes).

Granted, he did plunk down $500 which I could never do, but man wouldn't that be a great story?
On the other hand, if he parlayed them, he would've gotten 240,750,000.

I'm a little disappointed, because I actually put 50$ on Mike Napoli being named WS MVP at the beginning of the series, and if the Rangers won last night, that would almost assuredly have paid out handsomely.

Still a chance, though.

Necronic

Staff member
This is too fucking intense.....who would have thought that two teams like this would have given such a good series?

The last out is always the hardest out to get. Neither team got it last night.
Added at: 20:36
That ringing sound you hear is David Freese's bank account increasing with every great play he makes from here on out.

Status
Not open for further replies.