Export thread

2011 World Series

Covar

Covar

It's been set. Wednesday. Rangers vs Cardinals. On Fox. With emotional and exciting commentary by Joe Buck.

My prediction: Cards in 6.

Dave

Dave

It's the World Series Fox dreaded.

My prediction? Doesn't matter who wins and in how many games - Fox loses and so do the ratings.

Tress

Tress

My prediction: Rangers in 7.
Added at: 12:40
My prediction? Doesn't matter who wins and in how many games - Fox loses and so do the ratings.
Goddamn. Aren't you just a ray of sunshine today.

Dave

Dave

My prediction: Rangers in 7.
Added at: 12:40

Goddamn. Aren't you just a ray of sunshine today.
Sorry. Actually I'm in a great mood. I'm just fired up about a few things and ready for a scrap.

Krisken

Krisken

I like what Dave is saying.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

Rangers in 5

I'm the one that picked the Rangers to win it all in the beginning of the season thread.

Tress

Tress

I'm the one that picked the Rangers to win it all in the beginning of the season thread.

Necronic

Necronic

Even if the rangers loose they still win. Last year was the first time they ever made it to the world series. And this year they do it two years running.

I'm still rooting for them to win, of course. They aren't the podunk team they used to be (one of the higher paid teams these days), but I still feel like it's a David v Goliath thing.

Krisken

Krisken

To hell with the Cardinals. Go Rangers!

Covar

Covar

Game 3 Pujols tied the World Series single game HR record, putting him on the same list next to Babe Ruth and Reggie Jackson.

Last night in Game 4 the Rangers tied the series with a 0-4 win.

Necronic

Necronic

Didn't one of the Rangers set a record for the most home runs in post-season this year? Or something like that?

Also 2-2, Saturday was a fluke and the Rangers are gonna beat on the cardinals like Elin Nordegren beats on SUVs.

Necronic

Necronic

3-2, tonight could be the night.

Go Rangers.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

It better be tonight. Because tomorrow is the Halloween Party...

Dave

Dave

Since I don't care either way, I hope the Cards win.

http://www.kfns.com/JoeSportsFan/Story.aspx?ID=1557283

I love seeing a dude get the big windfall. He bet $250 at 500-1 odds the Cards would even MAKE the playoffs and another $250 for them to win it all. If they win he gets a total of $375,000 (before taxes). If Texas wins he gets only $125,000 (before taxes).

Granted, he did plunk down $500 which I could never do, but man wouldn't that be a great story?

Necronic

Necronic

Since you don't care either way you should root for the Rangers.

Damnit.

Dave

Dave

Since you don't care either way you should root for the Rangers.

Damnit.
Oh. Go Rangers?

Necronic

Necronic

That's the spirit.

Krisken

Krisken

Fuck the Cardinals. Rangers all the way!

phil

phil

RE: The 9th inning

Krisken

Krisken

G'damn it, this is close. C'mon Rangers! One out to go!

Edit: Frack.

Tress

Tress

This game is amazing.
Added at: 21:25
If Texas loses, they can kiss the series goodbye. There's no coming back from blowing a lead that would have won the series TWICE.

phil

phil

What is this I don't even

Tress

Tress

WOW. Apparently the Cardinals will not be denied this year.

Krisken

Krisken

Insert cursing here.

phil

phil

jwhouk

jwhouk

Uhm, Wow.

blotsfan

blotsfan

Since I don't care either way, I hope the Cards win.

http://www.kfns.com/JoeSportsFan/Story.aspx?ID=1557283

I love seeing a dude get the big windfall. He bet $250 at 500-1 odds the Cards would even MAKE the playoffs and another $250 for them to win it all. If they win he gets a total of $375,000 (before taxes). If Texas wins he gets only $125,000 (before taxes).

Granted, he did plunk down $500 which I could never do, but man wouldn't that be a great story?
On the other hand, if he parlayed them, he would've gotten 240,750,000.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

It seems that every time some douche sports caster says... "they are one out away..."

something bad happens. to my team.

Necronic

Necronic

If Dave really wanted the Rangers to win this wouldn't have happened.

Way to go Dave.

Dave

Dave

I take full responsibility.

Piotyr

Piotyr

I'm a little disappointed, because I actually put 50$ on Mike Napoli being named WS MVP at the beginning of the series, and if the Rangers won last night, that would almost assuredly have paid out handsomely.

Still a chance, though.

Necronic

Necronic

This is too fucking intense.....who would have thought that two teams like this would have given such a good series?

jwhouk

jwhouk

The last out is always the hardest out to get. Neither team got it last night.
Added at: 20:36
That ringing sound you hear is David Freese's bank account increasing with every great play he makes from here on out.

IronBrig4

IronBrig4

At least you couldn't say that last night's game was boring.

phil

phil

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

PotaDOS

Ugh.

I hate you so much, Cardinals.

Necronic

Necronic

Jesus wept.