[NHL] 2011-2012 Season is Over (Kings take the Cup)

Status
Not open for further replies.
hmmm...

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=391352
QUEBEC -- It's official. Quebec City says it will begin construction on a new NHL-style arena this September.
Now all the city needs is a team to play in it.
Mayor Regis Labeaume announced Sunday the $400-million arena will hold about 18,000 people, saying it would be comparable to a facility built for the league's Pittsburgh Penguins a year ago.
Has Seattle officially started building an arena yet?
Seattle still sounds more likely, but damn if Quebec doesn't want it.

Q: Why doesn't Quebec have an NHL hockey team?
A: Because if they did, then Toronto would want one, too... :D

Sorry, I'm feeling saucy. Shea Weber broke his stick twice, scored a goal anyways, and scared the living bejeebus out of half the players on the Chciago Blackhawks - including Ray-ray Emery.

Q: Why doesn't Quebec have an NHL hockey team?
A: Because if they did, then Toronto would want one, too... :D

Sorry, I'm feeling saucy. Shea Weber broke his stick twice, scored a goal anyways, and scared the living bejeebus out of half the players on the Chciago Blackhawks - including Ray-ray Emery.
Still no timetable on Toews. Toews is the new Crosby, then, I guess?

my favorite part was when he had a slapshot that broke ANOTHER player's stick, and still had enough on it to bounce off two players' skates into the net
Yeah, that was the Fisher-Weber goal. That was just a thing of beauty. Emery knew he had no chance on it.

If this team shows up to play for the next month or so, watch out NHL.

Do or die time for the Leafs tonight! If they lose they are out of the play offs and all the media in Toronto will have to stop talking about their chances of making the play offs.

The Leafs can be fighting just to hold on to 12th in the conference, and the Star will still refer to them as "on the playoff bubble". Even if the Leafs swept all 6 remaining games, they'd still be 6 points behind the projected minimum to make the playoffs.

There's a formula and graph out there for the Leafs chances of making the playoffs this year. It's rather funny.

General rule of thumb is expect the 8th place team to play at 65% win rate, multiplied by the number of games they have remaining. Subtract your points from this total+1 and divide by 2 times the number of games you have remaining to determine how your winning percentage required.

Thusly the Leafs must have a winning percentage of 142% over the next 6 games to make it into the play offs.

Congratulations to the Leafs for failing to make the playoffs yet again in their storied franchise history. :D

Oh, and by the way - with San Jose's loss last night, WE CLINCHED A PLAYOFF BERTH!

I believe the appropriate term to be used here is, "SUCK IT, TORONTO!"

Meh. No skin off my back; I don't play for them. Good on Nashville, though.

Still think Boston will do it.

Is it still mathematically possible for Winnipeg to make into the playoffs? I was looking forward to sseeing them in the playoffs. Their home games are already INSANE just in regular season.

I'm going to try and make it to an AHL playoff game if I can this year. Marlies are doing really well. I'm surprised Toronto doesn't support them a whole lot more, honestly. Tickets are like 10% of the cost of the Leafs tickets and they play hard.

There's a formula and graph out there for the Leafs chances of making the playoffs this year. It's rather funny.

General rule of thumb is expect the 8th place team to play at 65% win rate, multiplied by the number of games they have remaining. Subtract your points from this total+1 and divide by 2 times the number of games you have remaining to determine how your winning percentage required.

Thusly the Leafs must have a winning percentage of 142% over the next 6 games to make it into the play offs.
That actually freakily lines up with the Star's projected 93 point minimum for the 8th place team. The number of points necessary for that when I said it would have translated to a 150% win rate.

So my wife just handed me my lucky Leafs Sweater for the game and said "Now you can be just like them! You're not scoring tonight either!"

:trolol:

B

BErt

Boy, the first round of the playoffs against Nashville is going to be fun!

... :(

Haha, I loved how Laviolette flipped off on the Pen's bench after a textbook clean hit AND his entire goon-squad starting the team fight.

It's pretty much not a question of, "Will we face Detroit in the first round?" - as much as it is, "Who's gonna host the first two games?"

It's effectively a three way tie for 4-5-6. It could be any combination of Blackhawks hosting Red Wings/Preds, Preds hosting Wings/Hawks or Wings hosting Hawks/Preds

How long after Crosby started skating again did he come back? The Hawks are saying Toews is skating again, and I'm just trying to gauge whether that means he's back for the playoffs, or "don't count on him until the middle of next year".

Briere is whining about how the Pens tried to hurt him... with a clean hit.

Shut up douchenozzle. It's hockey. You get hurt, get better, and go play some more. Stop being a whiny bitch.

Somehow, in the space of just a few minutes, my hatred for the Saint Louis Blues, Detroit Red Wings, AND Todd Bleepin' Bertuzzi ALL went up - EXPONENTIALLY - tonight.

What do you guys think?
Does Stamkos make it to 60 goals this season? And does he do it tonight, or Saturday?

I hope he makes it. Tampa Bay's best shot at getting him those two extra goals is probably tonight, but then again the Leafs have had Tampa's number this season. I think if he does it it will be against Winnipeg. One tonight, one on Saturday.

Last home game tonight for my hurricanes. Hope our steam in the second half can carry over to next year.

On the plus side, free hats.

You know what?

I hope my boys absolutely TANK the next the two games and drop to sixth place.

Sorry, but I don't want to get beat up by the Wings in the first round, then have to try to beat the Blues in the second.

Status
Not open for further replies.