[NHL] 2011-2012 Season is Over (Kings take the Cup)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the NHL season kicks off tonight with 3 games.

Flyers @ Bruins
Canadiens @ Maple Leafs
Penguins @ Canucks

Tomorrow my Hurricanes start their season at home against the Lightning, and a close friend of mine has 4 tickets on the 5th row. Who else is attending their team's home opener?

Wait, there are games tonight? What happened to the good ol days when the European games were the openers?

That was a weird first period, but settled down nicely and the Leafs are off to a great start!

Montreal 0
Toronto 2

It's a good thing my mind was elsewhere, or I'd be wanting to burn those hideous new yellow jerseys of ours.

Close Leafs game tonight. The first two periods were painful, but they tied it up in the third and from there on it was intense. Had to go to shootout, but won it.
This time Lupul did most of the heavy lifting. They need to get their other lines working though. Seriously.

I'm happy for you but If I had saw that I probably would have made the "sideshow bob just stepped on a rake" noise.

See, this is awkward, cause clearly, this is where I'm supposed to post the face in your avatar. But since it IS your avatar, it wouldn't really have the right impact, now would it?

Tonight the season really starts for the Leafs. They have 9 of 10 points against teams they should beat. Tonight it's vs Boston on no rest, on the road.

Hit Boston hard early and they'll crumple for you. Trust me.
Coming out hard has been a major problem for the Leafs so far. They've been half-assing their way through 1st (and sometimes second) period.
And Boston is smart enough to put the pressure on Kessel, I'm sure.
This could be a depressing one.

Sens win!

I think I'll post that every time it happens, pad my post count by another 10 or 15 by the end of the year.

B

BErt

Wings win again, best start since 1972. Tomorrow's game against Washington should be some damn good hockey.

------

See? This is just some spectacular hockey. By Washington.

Fuck.

Saturday Toronto-Montreal game rocked.
Bit disappointed in how the Philly game is going so far... Why is no one on the Leafs defense on Jagr duty?

Leafs were exhausted that game, little to no rest for them. Same for Philly after the Leafs, no way they should lose to MTL or Jets. That game last night was wild.

Status
Not open for further replies.