XenForo REQUEST Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the changeover and all, this is a very low priority request - be able to preview forum skins before "saving" changes - some of the names aren't immediately known what they look like (I personally like darker themes). I'm using Chrome v8 on Win7.

Dave

Staff member
With the changeover and all, this is a very low priority request - be able to preview forum skins before "saving" changes - some of the names aren't immediately known what they look like (I personally like darker themes). I'm using Chrome v8 on Win7.
Interesting request. Let me work on that.

Any luck on a good dark theme to use? The ones available are real beta.

Any chance on removing "Staff Online Now"? Seriously, I don't need to see this staring at my face while I'm perusing the Forums. Or maybe put it below the Stats. I care to see who's online, my friends, the shoutbox...

Dave

Staff member
Any luck on a good dark theme to use? The ones available are real beta.
Have you gone to the XenForo site I linked to see what's available? If so, link the page and I'll grab it.

Any chance on removing "Staff Online Now"? Seriously, I don't need to see this staring at my face while I'm perusing the Forums.
Not sure right now if it's all or nothing. I personally have no stake in it, but it is nice for people to be able to give a quick glance to see if a report would/should be answered fast or if there's someone on to ask questions of.

If popular opinion says get rid of it I will.

- Where's the link?

- Or maybe find a way and put it below the Stats. I care to see who's online, my friends, the shoutbox... with all due respect, I don't want to see the Staff avatar/title details in my face.

- When you press home, it literally goes HOME... http://www.halforums.com/wpxf ... I'd like it to be changed to https://www.halforums.com/... why? In 3/4 of the Dark Skin I'm using all links back to the forums disappear the moment you hit private areas of your profile or your "conversations". I press home, then have to press Forums. It's highly inefficient. Overall, this has a lot with what we have to work with concerning dark skins. Try XenForce and see what I'm talking about. The other one is too freakin' ugly and RED.

The share link to the top left... can it be elsewhere? It tends to open automatically during mouseovers and the Jay no like.

:)

Dave

Staff member
The share link to the top left... can it be elsewhere? It tends to open automatically during mouseovers and the Jay no like.

:)
In threads or elsewhere? I was planning on making it appear only in threads but just haven't yet.

Where do you think would be a better place?

It would be ideal if it were at the bottom of the page as it temps to mouseover over the first poster, the page selection and part of posts. (on my work browser, it even stays open and I have no idea why)

Dave

Staff member
At the bottom of the page it might be too out of sight. I like Stien's view better. Now I just have to figure out how. :D

fade

Staff member
Yeah, I know. I'm ashamed of that. Been really busy on the homefront, unfortunately. Fade gets pushed to the bottom of the heap. Thanks *sniff* for reminding me of my secret shame.

Dave

Staff member
You let me know at any time and I'll put it back up. Hell, I can put it up now if it'll light a fire under your ass. :D
Added at: 09:53
See? Just that easy!

Would it be possible to remove the "Add to Favorites" button at the top of the page? It's kind of superfluous and I keep accidentally clicking it when I go to Watched Threads.

Do you view everything enlarged for a reason, Baer? The fonts 'n shit are f'ing huge!
I have no idea why it does that! It looks fine in IE on this PC and in FF on my laptop but when I try to Ctrl- it makes everything else on the forum to be illegibly small.

Dave

Staff member
I'd love to give you that ability. Alas, it is not to be in this iteration. There is some talk about it at Xenforo.com so I assume it'll either be coming or an addon will be made.

Status
Not open for further replies.