Xenforo features I like!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, I like the new "like" feature. The old rep feature was ok for telling someone individually that you liked what they said, but I still felt compelled to add a "That's awesome!" me too type post so everyone else would see that I thought their post was cool.

No more!

Now I can like a post, and it tells everyone at the bottom of the post that I liked it.

Also, the multi-reply works very well. I don't know if the old forums were supposed to do multi quoting, but I could never get it to work correctly for me. Here, it just works.

Dave

Staff member
I like that there are ways of monetizing the site while giving people breaks. For example, I created a Contributor user group. This group acts just like the Registered User group but this group doesn't see any ads.

So instead of just having people give donations (which I hate) they can upgrade their account through the user interface and I feel that they actually get value back.

I like that there's a flag at the top of the main page if any of my watched threads (DnD Games, Allen and Gusto's Webcomic Appreciation Jamboree, Gusto's Drawing and Paintings) are commented on. Normally I might not see 'em right away, and it's an extra bonus to have that flag actually be a quick link to the thread as well.

:)

J

Jiarn

What do we have to do to become a Contributor? I'd be a permanent member.

Dave

Staff member
By your name above, click the down arrow for a list of things you can do. It's called "Account Upgrades".
Added at: 12:25
Right now the only thing it does is removes the ads. In the future I will be adding to it. Don't know what yet, but stuff.

I just became a Contributor and I still see ads.

I don't mind, necessarily; I just wanted to contribute.

But other people will probably want what they paid for. ;)

Dave

Staff member
Problem is because you're a mod. I tested this with Registered Users. So I'll try and fix you up without borking your mod status, which you know was a hoot to set up.

Oh, I also like that I can like whatever posts I want and won't get that "you're a creepy stalker" message, "You must pass some rep around before you give it to Dave again."

I like being a creepy stalker, dangit!

I like that we got the "People found this page by searching" function back. I really like knowing how people find my art thread.

Dave

Staff member
I like that we got the "People found this page by searching" function back. I really like knowing how people find my art thread.
It's going to take some time for the links to flow through Google. I get no love from anyone on my wonderful redirects from hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.