Export thread

XenForo 1.2 & Other Stuff.

Dave

Dave

Okay, Xenforo 1.2 (beta) has been released. Because this is a major point update, it will most assuredly break some stuff. I'm not going to do this for a few days because I want some of the addon devs to catch up, but probably Saturday or Sunday I'll be putting up a notification and doing some updates.

Here's how I am going to run this:
  • Backup site.
  • Put up notification that the changes are going to start.
  • Disable all addons, which will cause things to break, but the forum will remain up during this time.
  • Disable all listeners. You probably won't even notice this happening.
  • Import data to the server.
  • Move data to correct directory. When this happens, I believe that the forum will become unusable.
  • Update software.
  • Once software is done the forum will come back up.
  • Turn listeners back on.
  • Turn addons on one by one and monitor which ones are broken.
  • ???
  • Profit.
I know of a couple of addons that still work with 1.2, but there are several we'll no longer need as they are now core.
One thing Jay will like is that flash uploading can now be turned off in your user panel, so I can turn it on for the site and he can turn it off and not be bothered by it.
There are other things that I'll be telling you about as I get around to it.

Jay

Jay

Wait more than a few days.

Maybe even a week or two.

Dave

Dave

Wait more than a few days.

Maybe even a week or two.
I'll be testing on another install first.

Dave

Dave

Word of warning on this, I do not know if Animate and Social are supported any longer. Blackend is and just released an update, but as to the others...we'll have to wait and see how well they play with the new version.

Dave

Dave

I'm probably going to have to wait until a specific few addons have been updated. Right now the following I consider to be a "must have" and would be broken:
  • Tapatalk
  • Post Ratings
  • Shoutbox
There are a few more that need looked at as I don't know if they'd break and a few that have fixes in place that I'd have to add. In other words, this upgrade will take a bit more planning.

CrimsonSoul

CrimsonSoul

With the new responsive feature I wouldn't consider tapatalk a must have anymore

Dave

Dave

With the new responsive feature I wouldn't consider tapatalk a must have anymore

That's a fair point, but some use Tapatalk and since I have to wait on a few things already, it gives Tapatalk a chance to update and the users a chance to exercise other options if necessary.

drifter

drifter

Dave

Dave

Obviously, I'm hearing a lot of things have become broken with XF 1.2. No, that's not what caused our outage. But I'll probably be waiting until they go gold or at least a better build.

Covar

Covar

Definitely wait for a GA build. Using a beta for your production server is just asking for trouble.

Dave

Dave

Definitely wait for a GA build. Using a beta for your production server is just asking for trouble.
The last few times they've done this the betas have been extremely stable. Apparently that was because most people didn't have that many third party addons installed. It's caused a lot of instability that wasn't present before.

Dave

Dave

Okay, this is a bump. XenForo 1.2 Gold has been released and most of the addons have been updated. So this weekend I'm going to download all of the addon updates, get everything uploaded and do the update. I'll be sure to set up a notification so I don't surprise anyone.

Probably Saturday when I'm bored.

Jay

Jay

This means he'll break stuff again.

GasBandit

GasBandit

God help us all.

Dave

Dave

Right now there's only one addon that I can't update.

HalBucks. Which also affects the Stock trader.

Hurm.

strawman

strawman

That's ok, it's still terribly easy to game. I've been making 10-20% trades daily these last few days with no real effort, and I don't know that anyone is still playing it much lately.

Dave

Dave

I play it EVERY DAY!

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

I play... I'm just shitty at picking stocks

bhamv3

bhamv3

I've stopped playing, to be honest. Haven't bought or sold stocks in ages.

David

David

My strategy is to buy one of everything.

SOMETHINGS GOTTA GO UP DANGIT

Dave

Dave

Well, the upgrade is completed but there are already a few hiccoughs in the road. Like the style Animate is not only broken beyond belief, but will NOT be ported over to 1.2 per the dev. Now, I know this disappoints Jay, but I paid $30 for it and now it's just gone. I will be looking for another dark theme for you dark theme guys.

Other than that, I'll be redoing all the addons today so expect things to jump around a bit.

Thanks for your patience.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Blackend Blue still works fine as a dark theme. But while spoiler tags function in text, the quick reply no longer has a spoiler button, a slight annoyance there.

PatrThom

PatrThom

Ooo, staff banners.

--Patrick

Zappit

Zappit

Love the fact that my iPad can access the post tools.

Edit: Posting is a bit wonky. Scrolled up before posting this, scrolled back, and I couldn't type anymore.

Will the information sidebar return to the side, or stay at the bottom? Everything is so much bigger right now. This is all on an iPad, by the way.

Dave

Dave

What style are you using? 1.2 added responsive & mobile designs. So I may not be able to replicate it easily.

strawman

strawman

Thanks for dealing with all the underpinnings of our community Dave! We really appreciate it!

Dave

Dave

No worries, man. Just got back after a lunch break. Now I'm going to try and figure out how to add that stupid Spoiler button back.

Zappit

Zappit

What style are you using? 1.2 added responsive & mobile designs. So I may not be able to replicate it easily.
Default style. Not the mobile version.

Dave

Dave

Interesting. Well, I'm still a-working on things. Update played holy hell with my addons and permissions. I'm pruning now.

figmentPez

figmentPez

No worries, man. Just got back after a lunch break. Now I'm going to try and figure out how to add that stupid Spoiler button back.
Spoiler tags in general seem to be a problem at the moment. I was going to post in the "What are you playing?" thread and noticed that previous posts with spoilers are just showing as plain text with the bracketed tags at either end, no spoiler box.

Testing to see if a fresh post works.

Dave

Dave

Hmm.
I thought the new one was supposed to take care of that.
[DOUBLEPOST=1375556567,1375556558][/DOUBLEPOST]But I guess not.[DOUBLEPOST=1375556782][/DOUBLEPOST]
Success?

CrimsonSoul

CrimsonSoul

Well, the upgrade is completed but there are already a few hiccoughs in the road. Like the style Animate is not only broken beyond belief, but will NOT be ported over to 1.2 per the dev. Now, I know this disappoints Jay, but I paid $30 for it and now it's just gone. I will be looking for another dark theme for you dark theme guys.

Other than that, I'll be redoing all the addons today so expect things to jump around a bit.

Thanks for your patience.
Space is an awesome theme!

Dave

Dave

Space is an awesome theme!
And only $20!!

[/sarcasm]

Jay

Jay

Jesus Christ Dave.

VeXXJvk.gif

Fuck this place, I'm not going to deal with this again.

drifter

drifter

Noticed some things. If you put any media in a spoiler, it seems to automatically get resized. Also, if you click on an image in a spoiler to see it at full size, you need to click on it again in order to close the spoiler. If you don't and click on the spoiler tag to close it, the image will stay there. Youtube videos continue playing after you close the spoiler, but will stop if you open the spoiler again.

Dave

Dave

Jesus Christ Dave.

View attachment 11510

Fuck this place, I'm not going to deal with this again.
I really hope you are just being dramatic.

strawman

strawman

:tina:

figmentPez

figmentPez

He's just mad because he doesn't have a little banner that says "Staff Member"

Zappit

Zappit

Of course he is. He can't leave Adam.

Jay

Jay

I'm upset because once again, as per every update the shit I use breaks. This time it's worse than ever.

Instead of using the sleek Animate style, I now get to use a nasty looking fat dark theme. My only options are vomit halloween and blind blue that are exactly the same beyond a color coat.

Meanwhile, folks who prefer light color themes have no less than 4 options, all of them being completely different. They may have all been there previously but I don't care.

You'd think when you have 1 good dark theme (that you even paid extra money for) should be compatible before you update the forum software for a few bells and whistles.

But maybe listening to me get upset and consider my options gets you a hard-on. Because no way, no how someone logical with some level of responsibility in managing such a forum shouldn't be repeating the same mistakes over and over again.

I'm sorry if I'm being harsh but enough is enough already.

Just look at this shit.

Untitled.jpg

Even the threads are horrible.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Jay has to use a style he doesn't like and put up with a few bugs for a few days while everything gets fixed/replaced, so naturally he's going to throw a hissy fit.

I also used the animate style, because I didn't like the other dark themes. But I can put up with it for awhile because ultimately it's a forum full of people I like run by a guy that manages it out of his own pocket for us.

bhamv3

bhamv3

But I can put up with it for awhile because ultimately it's a forum full of people I like run by a guy that manages it out of his own pocket for us.
Absolutely this. Dave's been nothing but accomodating, and doing everything he can to make the forum useful and interesting for us. I find it incredibly ingrateful to whine about it.

If there's a problem, why not raise it for discussion in a calm and polite manner? Acting like an entitled, spoiled child only causes bad kimochi and makes us not have nice things.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

It's. Not. About. You.

Now grow up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Covar

Covar

XenMobile seems to be running much smoother now. And there's a rich text box on devices that aren't a notebook or desktop.

Thanks @Dave![DOUBLEPOST=1375616340,1375616143][/DOUBLEPOST]Not sure why the @ is still there. I THINK I FOUND AN INCREDIBLY MINOR DEFECT!!!

Dave

Dave

Jay,

It wasn't a mistake. The style was not going to be updated. Ever. In fact, I'm kind of pissed about it because the author has flat out stated that he's going to be creating new styles just like the old ones, but that you'd have to pay for them all over again. Which I won't do.

Why are there more light styles than dark ones? More people use them and more developers make light styles than dark. Out of 152 styles on Xenforo.com, 91 are light, 43 are dark. The rest are seasonal or "other". On this board, a whopping 93.7% of the people use light styles. So I had 3 dark styles for 6.3% of the users. I don't have any percentages of how many of those used the Animate style, but logic dictates that it was probably about 2.1%. So I'm supposed to hold up in the upgrading of the board for everyone because one of the three styles was incompatible? Now who is being unreasonable?

So these bells & whistles you are talking about? What are they?
  • User Manager updates - this allows for mass changes or edits where before I had to do them all by hand.
  • Post edit history and logging.
  • Advanced signature permissions - Before I had to either block them or let them all go. Now I can set constraints. This is part of the spammer package as well.
  • Template Modification System - When something (an addon or just me) edits a template for any reason, the edit is now logged and remembered. So if something happens it's easy to revert or duplicate.
  • Template Merging - Before when I made even slight changes, if it affected the templates I had to go & revert them all back by hand. Now the system will do it automatically.
  • User thread title editing - I had this before in an addon, but now it comes with the package.
  • Responsive/Mobile Styles - This is something a lot of people have wanted.
  • Forum Watching - Now you can watch entire forums rather than just threads. Want to know when someone posts ANYTHING to Sports? Watch the forum and you'll know.
  • Conversation manager upgrades - Used to have this in an addon but since the addon author disabled it and went pay only, I was happy to see this right out of the box.
  • Permissions Analysis - Before, permissions were a crap shoot. You know how many times I tried to do something only to have it wrong because of permissions. Now I can just click this and see how it's affected.
  • Bulk thread management - Before I could move/merge/whatever only 1 thread at a time. Now you can do this in bulk. Doesn't come up often, but when it does it will be a lifesaver.
  • User field to disable flash uploader - You know how enabling the flash uploader throws errors at some people? This will take care of it. And I can turn it back on for everyone.
And the biggie:
  • Upgraded spam prevention/detection & reporting - I have 13 registrations waiting to be approved or denied. I'd be willing to bet they are all spam. I'd like to stop these in their tracks instead of approving or denying them every day. Each one that is not obvious has to be looked at individually, by IP & user name against the stopforumspam database. You have no idea how much time I waste on this, and how many legitimate people has it prevented me from letting in?
So my upgrades borked one dark theme that the author stated would never be updated again. I think I still came out a winner in the deal. I'm still looking for a good dark theme for you - which you seem to have glossed over in your ire - but I'm not paying for another one. You find one you like that's free and I'll load it in. You find one you like and pay for it yourself and I'll load it. When have I not been accomadating? Why the sudden vitriol? Hell, I even gave you access to the admin panel to make your own personal style? How'd that go? It's not easy to make these things or I would. But I don't. And I'm not going to spend more time on them than I already have. I worked on this site pretty much all day yesterday. I don't get paid for this. In fact, I pay for it!

So I'm sorry if I'm being harsh, but you are being totally unreasonable and a jerk about it. I love ya, man, but get a little perspective.

Oh, and @Covar, the @ symbol stays there now. Not sure I like how it works compared to the addon we had, but every addon less makes the software run better and the site to load faster.

Dave

Dave

I have turned the flash uploader back on. If this gives you trouble, it can be turned off by going to your preferences. Click your name at the top right, clikc preferences and uncheck this box:

Flash Uploader.png

PatrThom

PatrThom

Jay, it wasn't a mistake. The style was not going to be updated. Ever. In fact, I'm kind of pissed about it because the author has flat out stated that he's going to be creating new styles just like the old ones, but that you'd have to pay for them all over again. Which I won't do.
If @Jay likes the style, would it be possible for @Jay to pay for it?
I mean, if he likes it that much, he should be willing to put $20 out of his pocket every 6 months or so to keep it going, right?

--Patrick

evilmike

evilmike

I just noticed an odd bit when posting from Firefox -- the text entry box for the message doesn't automatically check spelling.

Dave

Dave

If @Jay likes the style, would it be possible for @Jay to pay for it?
I mean, if he likes it that much, he should be willing to put $20 out of his pocket every 6 months or so to keep it going, right?

--Patrick
When they get it updated, sure.

Gared

Gared

Also of note, in Chrome you used to be able to Tab twice once you were done editing a response in quick reply mode, and it would skip over the Anonymous checkbox and highlight "Post Reply" so you could post from there. Now, it just tabs you forward in the text box.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Videos posted within spoilers get sized down to super tiny.

Like so.

Krisken

Krisken

::Breathes a bit::

Seems fine to me.

Covar

Covar

Oh, and @Covar, the @ symbol stays there now. Not sure I like how it works compared to the addon we had, but every addon less makes the software run better and the site to load faster.
I didn't realize it was built in now. Consider my defect as closed, working as designed. :thumbsup:

I just noticed an odd bit when posting from Firefox -- the text entry box for the message doesn't automatically check spelling.
That is in Chrome as well. I'm pretty sure it has to do with the way the rich text editor is defined in the HTML (my guess this is all done in javascript and divs, instead of a text area tag), as spell checking is a browser level feature and if you switch back to the BBCode editor you will get spell checking.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Just a quick health tip, users! If you're not using the Blackend-Blue theme, you may want to let your doctor know, so they can TREAT THE SYPHILIS ROTTING YOUR BRAIN AWAY

blotsfan

blotsfan

GasBandit

GasBandit

Just a quick health tip, users! If you're not using the Blackend-Blue theme, you may want to let your doctor know, so they can TREAT THE SYPHILIS ROTTING YOUR BRAIN AWAY

Attachments

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

I've always used just the default style. It's worked fine for me, never had any hiccups or problems, and I can read it just fine. I can't stand reading on a black background because I'm racists against black backgrounds.

blotsfan

blotsfan

Incidentally, I just want to mention that I love how much better this site is for mobile now.

Dave

Dave

Sweet! Glad to hear it!

And for those of you interested, I'm working on the spoilers right now.

blotsfan

blotsfan

One minor issue I've noticed. When you click to go to a post (from alerts for me), the page title just says #post-(post number), rather than the thread title.

Dave

Dave

Could you show me a screen print?

Dave

Dave

The resizing of the media is because the BBCodes don't parse well when they are nested. This is coming in an update that is, according to the dev, "Soon. Very soon."

blotsfan

blotsfan

Here you go

Attachments

Dave

Dave

You are mobile, yes?

blotsfan

blotsfan

No that was on a computer. I don't seem to have the issue mobile.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Don't have that issue on firefox, either.

blotsfan

blotsfan

I guess this is IE 8 on windows XP, so it might have been low priority. I haven't checked at home. Whatever though if you cant fix it, its not a big deal.

BananaHands

BananaHands

I love it Dave . The Social style is swanky.

evilmike

evilmike

Found another little problem with the Spoiler tag -- the item being hidden displays for an instant before the tag is applied and hides it.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Doesn't seem to happen to me, might be theme specific.

Shakey

Shakey

I noticed it too. It's like it loads whatevers in the spoiler with it open, and then hides it. I'm using minimal.

strawman

strawman

I noticed it too. It's like it loads whatevers in the spoiler with it open, and then hides it. I'm using minimal.
It has to do with the fact that the spoiler tag is managed using javascript. It looks like that javascript runs after the ads load, so its not "instant" since the ads are pretty slow relative to all the other webpage content.

I haven't checked out the page layout in detail, but it's probably something that can be resolved with some help from whoever designed the spoiler plugin.

Dave

Dave

*sigh* Okay. I'll send them a quick message.

Shakey

Shakey

It's not a big deal to me. I honestly didn't even notice it until it was mentioned. We seem to be pretty good at keeping the NSFW stuff in the proper forum, so it's not like people are spoilering stuff that will get you in trouble.

strawman

strawman

I haven't seen it. Could also be related to an individual's computer's speed.

GasBandit

GasBandit

It has to do with the fact that the spoiler tag is managed using javascript. It looks like that javascript runs after the ads load, so its not "instant" since the ads are pretty slow relative to all the other webpage content.

I haven't checked out the page layout in detail, but it's probably something that can be resolved with some help from whoever designed the spoiler plugin.
Ah, that would explain it... I don't see ads, you see... :whistling:

Shakey

Shakey

I haven't seen it. Could also be related to an individual's computer's speed.
It might be more internet speed. When the images are already loaded, it doesn't happen. When it does happen I just see half the picture, then it must finish loading and it goes away.

I don't see ads either. Sorry Dave...

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Does this mean that youtube videos still load even behind the spoilers? That defeats the purpose of spoilering them in the video heavy threads.

strawman

strawman

Does this mean that youtube videos still load even behind the spoilers? That defeats the purpose of spoilering them in the video heavy threads.
I was curious about this before, but if you go to that thread you don't have slowdown problems. I suspect that the past browsers had issues because each one loaded flash video, but now with the latest browsers they are using HTML5 video, so there is no plugin loaded each time.

In other words, we could probably get rid of the spoilers in those threads altogether and people still wouldn't have any slowdown issues.

GasBandit

GasBandit

I was curious about this before, but if you go to that thread you don't have slowdown problems. I suspect that the past browsers had issues because each one loaded flash video, but now with the latest browsers they are using HTML5 video, so there is no plugin loaded each time.

In other words, we could probably get rid of the spoilers in those threads altogether and people still wouldn't have any slowdown issues.
It's not as bad as it used to be, but there's still a marked difference in the time it takes to load unspoilered pages of that thread than spoilered pages. Especially on other media sources (such as vimeo) which still invoke flash.

On that second page, now, I do notice spoilers being "open" until the page finishes loading, but it doesn't seem to be long enough to load the whole video... so that basically all it's loading is the few hundred kbyte embedded video player without actually starting to load up the thumbnail/etc of the video it's being fed. I think.

The new spoiler plugin doesn't seem to be as good as the old one, I do see now.

drifter

drifter

Another minor thing about the spoiler tag: if you put in a title, it will add in "(open)" at the end.

Dave

Dave

Hey, @Jay! What do you think of this style? It just got updated/added at Xenforo.com and has the right price - free!

blotsfan

blotsfan

No posts since Sunday. I think we've already lost him.

Dave

Dave

No posts since Sunday. I think we've already lost him.
Last seen Monday. If he does leave it'll be the weirdest reason ever. Well, I guess I can't say that. I've seen weirder. Like the whole clique thing. That was just odd.

Bubble181

Bubble181

If you don't implement an owl-and-ferret-theme, I'm leaving, I tell you! Leaving!

That, or I may be off line for a few days for work :p

I don't think J's gone, he's just annoyed and pouting and he'll be back if/when he wants to. He'll settel on a new style, grumble about it for weeks, and we'll all move on.

If he does leave over this, he's being petty and will be back anyway, or was already tired of this place and looking to leave, and this was just the last straw.

In the end, it doesn't even matter. [/Linkin Park]

Krisken

Krisken

Last seen Monday. If he does leave it'll be the weirdest reason ever. Well, I guess I can't say that. I've seen weirder. Like the whole clique thing. That was just odd.
Sure was.

Dei

Dei

To be fair, there is a chance baby Jay was born since then. Maybe that's it. >.>

bhamv3

bhamv3

I think it's easier to count the departures that make sense, rather than counting the ones that don't.

Let's see... Norris. Icarus (or was it Iaculus?). Kurtz.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Icarus (or was it Iaculus?).
Man, that is the official forum joke now, isn't it?

SpecialKO

SpecialKO

You know, I don't remember which was which anymore.

I do feel a bit bad about that.

Dave

Dave

Poor Iaculus. It's the forum equivalence of the Aids diet pill. Nothing to do with the disease, but always associated because of the name.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Oddly enough I never had problems mixing up the names, thanks to my time in DAOC, having to fight a bunch of these bad boys:

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Hey, @Jay! What do you think of this style? It just got updated/added at Xenforo.com and has the right price - free!
I can't speak for Jay (I can't get the accent) but I like that style.

Dave

Dave

I can't speak for Jay (I can't get the accent) but I like that style.
In that case I'll add it and let people make up their minds.

MindDetective

MindDetective

I can't seem to enlarge a spoilered image by clicking on it.

Dave

Dave

I added the brown theme but it needs a little work. I'll get to it tomorrow. The SHoutbox is ugly and there's some minor CSS issues that I have to hunt down, but it's up.

I also added somethng called Hotspots. You can put stuff on a map! Label it whatever you want! I started with my house (approximately) to show you how it looks. By the way, if you don't want the address to show, just delete it before you submit. But if you are pimping a business, you can certainly include the address.

Looking into the image resizing thing now.

PatrThom

PatrThom

I can't seem to enlarge a spoilered image by clicking on it.
I have the opposite problem. If I click a spoiler, I can see the (minimized) image. If I click the image, it expands to its full size. If I then click the spoiler tag, the page retracts, but only by the amount of the original (minimized) image, and the zoomed huge version stays on the screen, blocking a huge chunk of thread.

I can work around this by remembering to click on the zoomed huge image to return it to its minimized state before I close the spoiler tag.

--Patrick

Allen who is Quiet

Allen who is Quiet

Dave, I think the CSS you want to insert to fix your problems is

html {
display: none;
}

strawman

strawman

html {
}
It would also increase worker productivity for a few hundred people.

Covar

Covar

html {
}
related, @Dave if you use Chrome there's a useful extension Live CSS Editor that allows you to easily edit the CSS on the fly to see how things look. Two notes on this extension. One, this may be obvious to some, but not others, it does not update CSS on the server, it just layers on top of the cached local copy. Two, this does save changes offline, so if you don't clear it out when you're done you'll keep seeing the changes.

Yes you can do this in the developer tools, but it uses less real estate and loads faster.

strawman

strawman

That is in Chrome as well. I'm pretty sure it has to do with the way the rich text editor is defined in the HTML (my guess this is all done in javascript and divs, instead of a text area tag), as spell checking is a browser level feature and if you switch back to the BBCode editor you will get spell checking.
Soooo, @Dave, this is bugging me. I don't want to make you spend a lot of time on it, but perhaps you could send a message to xenforo (or whoever built the editing box if it's a plugin) and ask them to fix it so spell check works?

Right now it doesn't work in chrome, firefox, or iOS. I can misspell any sord of werd and nun of them show squiggley lines beneeth tham.

I'm reluctant to go back to the other editor becuase the editor functionality is gone in iOS - all it has it a textbox and I have to manually type bbcode for spoilers, smilies, and so forth which is particularly annoying since the square brackets require 3 keyboard presses on the onscreen keyboard.

This isn't a showstopper for me, obviously, but spellcheck on a forum is something of a necessity, methinks.

GasBandit

GasBandit

I wish Xenforo would update less frequently, they seem to break as much as they fix, really.

Dave

Dave

I agree, @stienman. Oh, and @GasBandit, I think the issue isn't XF but the third-party addons I use that are usually the culprit.[DOUBLEPOST=1375999111,1375998993][/DOUBLEPOST]This is what the quick reply normally looks like, but it doesn't allow for buttons to be added - like the spoiler button - which is why I added the TinyMCE addon. It allowed for the custom buttons, but apparently disabled the innate spell checker of the browser. So I'm checking with the addon dev for a solution.

Dave

Dave

Should be fixed. Apparently I missed an option. Nobody's fault but mine.

bhamv3

bhamv3

Is anyone having slight difficulty staying logged in? Or is it just me?

Terrik

Terrik

Geez, Bhamv, take the hint.

Dave

Dave

No! Nobody is having trouble. Everything is hunky dory.

bhamv3

bhamv3

Geez, Bhamv, take the hint.
Hint, huh? Ooooh, I get it! Bhamv3 has reached its full potential, and needs to be retired! Time to break out Bhamv4!

strawman

strawman

Hint, huh? Ooooh, I get it! Bhamv3 has reached its full potential, and needs to be retired! Time to break out Bhamv4!
Psh. Hardly. Maybe bhamv3.1, but I doubt we're going to experience a whole new bhamv.

PatrThom

PatrThom

Yes. Time to update, not upgrade.

--Patrick

Krisken

Krisken

It's the same person, just a different actor. Like Dr. Who.

Dave

Dave

Apparently when you hit like from the iPod it comes in as an Agree. Sorry, @bhamv3!

Bubble181

Bubble181

When you get to Bhamv181, I'm afraid I'm contractually obligated to challenge you to a duel.

In more related news, is there any way to get the double-tab to work again to get to the "post reply" button? I think 95% of my posts since the update have ended with " ", and it's annoying when I'm on a pc without a mouse to get to the button otherwise. Obviously not a deal breaker, of course :)