Wyrmrest Accord WoW Guild Sexy Fun Time.

I'm pretty sure the -for- crowd is the minority.
You would be wrong, though. Remember, the people that are content with the systems are the least vocal about it. Go to any website and you will see dozens of threads complaining about CRZ, then run a poll at the same location and you will find the majority either favor it or are indifferent to it. They just don't feel like getting into discussions about it. (well, some of the supporters do, just to make fun of those that hate it)

It's not perfect, it does need work to stop the griefing, but the system is fun as long as it does what it's intended. Right now there are just too many bugs and issues that they need to address. I would be all for them removing auto zone loading for the time being until they fix those issues, but I would be upset if they removed CRZ entirely. It has given me the chance to play with so many friends I never had the chance to play with before due to server separation.

I ask you, don't have that taken away from me just because you feel your alt questing is a little slower.

You would be wrong, though. Remember, the people that are content with the systems are the least vocal about it. Go to any website and you will see dozens of threads complaining about CRZ, then run a poll at the same location and you will find the majority either favor it or are indifferent to it. They just don't feel like getting into discussions about it. (well, some of the supporters do, just to make fun of those that hate it)

It's not perfect, it does need work to stop the griefing, but the system is fun as long as it does what it's intended. Right now there are just too many bugs and issues that they need to address. I would be all for them removing auto zone loading for the time being until they fix those issues, but I would be upset if they removed CRZ entirely. It has given me the chance to play with so many friends I never had the chance to play with before due to server separation.

I ask you, don't have that taken away from me just because you feel your alt questing is a little slower.
Read my previous post about it not working in the design that Blizzard created from Vanilla to now. There are better ways to allow you to play cross-server with friends than the CRZ random machine.

This is going to sound horribly spoiled...but I just did Outland/Northrend/Cataclysm for the the first time just recently and loved having the zones almost to myself.

Shame on me I know...

Read my previous post about it not working in the design that Blizzard created from Vanilla to now. There are better ways to allow you to play cross-server with friends than the CRZ random machine.
If the issue is just the CRZ random loading, then I guess I won't argue. I like seeing players around, but it's not the biggest reason I want CRZ. As long as CRZ is not removed as a whole, I am content enough.

Do Stonetalon as horde. You explode in a burst of light (like you've just put on your Stonetalon rank) every 12 seconds or so as you switch servers or something. It's fucking awful

My first quest reward was a staff that is far superior to the blue I got on the Shadowfang Keep heroic. The good news is that the lovely Justice gear that I recently bought is better than quest rewards. At least so far.

Ah. Well it's got some pretty bits, but the questing isn't as well put-together as the rest of the game (thanks to Cata re-working the pre-60 zones) so it tends to be a bit of a chore.
Really, it's just Hellfire Peninsula that's a drab bottleneck. After that the land branches off a bit, so you can pick and choose zones to play. Sure, the questing is a little dull everywhere in comparison to everything else, but at least most of the areas after Hellfire are interesting to look at.

Outland used to be my favorite continent, then Northrend, now I can't stand either.

I think it's just part of the fact we lived in the places so long each expansion, sooner or later, no matter the questing, you just get tired of it.

I am sure once the next new "continent" is added, I will be looking back at Pandaria and going "Uuugggg".

I don't mind Hellfire. I detest Terrokar. It's the worst zone ever. Well, Blade's Edge was the worst before we could fly at 60 but it's pain is lessened by flying mounts. But right now I like Outland better than Northrend or the Cata zones. I dread ever setting foot in Uldum ever again.

I still love Northrend. I do have to admit, Zangarmarsh is still one of my favorite zones in the game. But i hated the rest of outland.

I'm not sure how I feel about monk yet. Granted, my monk is only level 14, so...

I think it has a lot to do with having no idea how to play it.

Leveled to 22 today as a DPS Monk. Pretty straightforward so far. Might try another spec once I hit 30 or so and have a more robust set of skills.

Dave

Staff member
Played a while last night and can't say I was too impressed. Probably because there were so damned many people there and everything was fifty times as hard to complete. That and spawn times were so low it was impossible to finish up areas because you were constantly in combat. Ugh.

I will play again tonight, but will probably stay away from Pandaria for a bit, even though that's where the good stuff and experience is.

I think it's a pretty good idea to hold off on some of the new content until things simmer down a little bit. Particularly on this guilds home realm. There are literally thousands of people trying to click on the very first bomber you have to use for the very first quest. When trying to do it the first time, there were so many people doing the bombing run on to sink the ships that you couldn't see the screen. All you could see were thousands of character models superimposed on one another. There have also been pretty big queue times.

Seeing as we haven't really done any RPing with the guild, It kind of sucks that we are on the server we are as RP servers tend to be super full. We could be on a nice low to mid population server and not have these issues. I was actually able to play on the server where my old mains are.

I'm going to try heading over to Pandaria tonight on my paladin to see if the hub-bub has died down a bit (read: it's possible to finish quests without getting angry).

Jade Forest on Horde with my priest was a good time, though. And I've never been so happy to have Body and Soul.

I wanted to play on my Horde server yesterday but it had 2000 people waiting in queue, so I instead went to Ghostlands and played my Alliance characters. Had zero issues questing. There was a lot of people, but the dynamic spawn meant there was always enough quest mobs to kill. I ended up finally getting into the Horde server late at night and it was a bit harder due to much more crowding, but nothing unbearable for me. Maybe I am just used to release days.

When it comes to what I did, I got all four of my Alliance 85s into Pandaria. Quested on my Draenei Paladin until I got around half way through 85. Went around some low level zones to do some pet battles. Queued up to tank one of the new dungeons, did Temple of the Jade Serpent (was a nice easy run) and got some upgrades already (410 ilevel items from the starter dungeon!? That's the same level as heroic DS items), before finally heading over to my Horde server to check out their intro quests on my Orc Hunter.

I just can't wait till Garrosh is dead, I am really getting sick of them presenting the Horde as raging maniacs. The Pandaren at the southern village "join" the Alliance because the Alliance is actually helping them stop the Horde from screwing them in the south, the Horde going so far as to cut down their apple trees and kidnapping their children. The Pandaren at the northern village "join" with the Horde only because they don't want to be seen as assholes who turn away the injured, considering the Horde were the only real survivors after charging the nearby Alliance outpost. There is even a conversation when you enter the village where an orc soldier tells the mayor that they should join them after the destruction the Alliance caused, causing another Pandaren to point out it was the Horde's bombs that did damage to their fields. The orc shrugs it off just saying collateral damage or required sacrifices or some nonsense.

My favorite quest line from Horde in Jade Forest involved the line: "WHAT THE OOK IS WRONG WITH YOUR FACE?"[DOUBLEPOST=1348670494][/DOUBLEPOST]I guess what I'm saying is Riko is awesome.

I'm about halfway through Tides of War and I know exactly what you mean ScytheRexx. It's pretty painful to hear how the other Horde leaders are reacting to Garrosh's actions. I can only imagine what the ingame story is like on the Horde side.

I haven't gotten far into Pandaria on the Alliance side, but they aren't blameless either. One of the first actions the alliance takes is to murder an entire platoon of unarmed Orcs.

I haven't gotten far into Pandaria on the Alliance side, but they aren't blameless either. One of the first actions the alliance takes is to murder an entire platoon of unarmed Orcs.
Yes but there is a pretty large difference in why.

Blameless absolutely not. At fault though? Not so much.

At least that's the current direction the novels and game is presenting it.

Yes but there is a pretty large difference in why.
It was entirely motivated by the Sky Captain's (can't remember her name) racial hatred for the Horde. I do hope, though that Thrall makes a return. With Cairne dead and Thrall gone, it's really no wonder that the horde have gone out of control. Sylvanaas has always held that her alliance with the Horde was only one of convenience, the Trolls and Goblins have always been mercenary in their alliances. Yes, I totally agree that the Horde needs cooler heads to lead them. Probably what annoys me the most is that there is no way in hell the Tauren would go along with any of this. I haven't played a Horde character in a long time, so I don't know what the power structure is like with Cairne's son leading the Tauren, but he should really be the one standing up against the direction that's being taken.

Explanation for everything you've written about is in Tides of War. Oh and the Sky Captain's entire family was slaughtered by the Horde, so yeah, there you go.

Also, everything the Horde was doing right up to getting to Panderia (Destruction of Northwatch and Theramore) has 100% been bloodthirsty carnage with no purpose other than slaughter.

That's what ScytheRexx is getting at. They're being turned into bloodthirsty cliches so that we can all have a reason to kill Garrosh at the end of the expansion. It just sucks that the Honor of the Horde is being dragged down with it.

Also Thrall states in Tides of War why he wont' be back.

Ebooks on my Nook is a fabulous thing. I read about 20 pages here and there. I'm sure I wouldn't have fully gotten through Twilight of the Aspects and halfway through Tides of War without it.

You seem genuinely interested in the lore, and Horde used to have awesome stories. I can't comment on the current state of the nation there since I haven't played a Horde character since Cataclysm first started (Can not stand Garrosh in charge) but it's looking like the Horde is going to turn in on itself before it gets better.

Yes, I know, but they present it as "bad", and Rell even says it was wrong. It was his doubt in the action that almost allowed the Sha of Doubt to possess him. The same scene on the Horde, Nazgrim almost gets possessed just because he doubts his mission after losing the Horde airship, thinking Garrosh was going to kill him, not because of any "wrongs" committed when he slaughtered the entire Alliance base and straight up said "We have no room for prisoners. Don't let them run away." when he sends you into the fray. That is the problem, they present the Alliance as having a conscious about the bad stuff they do through some of their character, while they present the Horde reveling in it, or shrugging it off.

On the Alliance side you feel welcomed into the Pandaren village for helping them. On the Horde side you feel like freeloaders just because the natives are too nice to kick you out.

Speaking of airships. Man do I feel bad for the Horde when it comes to airships. The only airship that has been able to survive is Orgrim's Hammer in Icecrown (and even that is dubious, considering playing Alliance causes you to shoot it down in the ICC raid). Send one to take over Gilneas? Crashed by the Worgen. Send one into Deepholme? Shot down by the Twilight's Hammer who took over the Alliance airship. Send another new one to fight at the battle of Wyrmrest Temple? Deathwing decides to body smash it into oblivion. Nazgrim takes yet another "brand new" airship to claim Pandaria? Kaboom after the first six quests.

And yet on the Alliance side, they treat the Skyfire like a flying death fortress and aircraft carrier. It survives and you keep using it to obliterate any Horde in the region using flares to call in fighter squadrons. I know it has some sentimental value, being the airship that chased down Deathwing during the hour of twilight, but come on, we can at least throw the Horde a bone in the airship category!

Sylvanaas has always held that her alliance with the Horde was only one of convenience, the Trolls and Goblins have always been mercenary in their alliances.
What? Trolls have never been "mercenary" in their alliance with the Horde. Vol'jin credits the Horde with saving his people and is loyal to the bone, so much that he turned down joining the Zandalari, saying "The Horde is our family now". He hates Garrosh, but still stays because he still believes in what Thrall's Horde stood for, and wants to see it returned to that.

While Sylvanas and Gallywix are in it for very selfish reasons, Vol'jin, Baine, and even Lor'thremar are presented as staying purely out of loyalty to what they believe the Horde should stand for, back like it was under Thrall.

Yeah I did the Horde starting stuff on my druid just to see if Horde really were just being the assholes that the alliance quests made them appear to be. Yep... makes me kind of glad that i swapped back to alliance mains.

I'm a lore hound. I have been since the original Warcraft. That's probably the reason that I love Northrend so much, it was lore-tastic in its questlines. In fact, I think I was the only person in my raiding guild who actually knew who Morose actually was going into Kara when it first opened up. I've pretty much read everything up to The Sundering.

I actually loved Cataclysm for that reason as well. It really built on the existing lore. Hell, so much huge lore stuff happened in the last two expansions. The fall of Arthas, The return of Mauradin Bronzebeard (I literally said out loud "Holy Shit!" when you did the quest in Dragonblight that revealed that he was still alive), The Return of Deathwing and eventual fate of the Aspects, the return of Malfurion from the Emerald Nightmare.

At this point, I think all the major characters from WC3 have either been killed off or completely changed in some way (like Thrall becoming the new Guardian).

I'm a lore hound. I have been since the original Warcraft. That's probably the reason that I love Northrend so much, it was lore-tastic in its questlines. In fact, I think I was the only person in my raiding guild who actually knew who Morose actually was going into Kara when it first opened up. I've pretty much read everything up to The Sundering.

I actually loved Cataclysm for that reason as well. It really built on the existing lore. Hell, so much huge lore stuff happened in the last two expansions. The fall of Arthas, The return of Mauradin Bronzebeard (I literally said out loud "Holy Shit!" when you did the quest in Dragonblight that revealed that he was still alive), The Return of Deathwing and eventual fate of the Aspects, the return of Malfurion from the Emerald Nightmare.

At this point, I think all the major characters from WC3 have either been killed off or completely changed in some way (like Thrall becoming the new Guardian).
It's clear they want to create new lore for Panderia but WILL be touching back on old lore for the xpac after it. I'm willing to be we some old Warcraft 1&2 heroes finally show up.