Would this be too insistent?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just don't understand why she asked for a second date (before I could ask), accepted my sponsorship, and then kept talking with me if she was suddenly going to cut me off. It don't add up, boss. It just don't add up. Whatever, I'm not going to figure it out for her.

J

Jiarn

A thought is that maybe between asking for a second date, and realizing it, another contact she was interested in came up?

GasBandit

Staff member
I just don't understand why she asked for a second date (before I could ask), accepted my sponsorship, and then kept talking with me if she was suddenly going to cut me off. It don't add up, boss. It just don't add up. Whatever, I'm not going to figure it out for her.
It could be that she's a flake, and this is just your first clue.

Points taken. I'm not going to contact her again. In the meantime, I have a date with another match next weekend. This is pretty freakin' sweet. :)

By the way, she organized a weight-loss fundraiser for cancer research; she's trying to lose weight until April 1 and sponsors donate a certain amount of money per pound, and I'm sponsoring her too (MAJOR points for me).
You put a dollar value on how fat she is? That's not major points, that's a shoot yourself in the nads maneuver.

No, she was asking for sponsors. Every sponsor donates a certain amount of money per pound lost. That's the way the fundraiser works.

This is what she wrote on her blog when she announced her fundraiser. I would appreciate it if one person on this forum would not assume that I'm an evil, lecherous hump.

"As a few of you know, I've been trying to lose weight for a great portion of my life. Recently, my doctor even told me that I'm headed toward cholesterol problems that are common to my family. So, after many ups and downs, I have come up with a perfect solution: I'm going to drop the weight for dough!

Here's the plan, from now until April 1st I'm going to drop as much weight as I can (in a healthy manner) and, for every pound that I drop, I would like to collect pledges from any of you who would like to support my cause of choice: MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston. This is a world class cancer treatment and research center that treats patients who come from all over and conducts research that brings us closer to a cure every day. With many family members who have been--and are still--affected by cancer, I'm going to make this bigger than just myself. By improving my own health, I'd like to help improve the health of many others as well.

So here's the plan: I'm going to set a target of about 30 to 40 pounds (at the most) to lose before April 1, 2011. What I'm asking of myself, as well as any of you who would like to participate, is to pledge a certain amount per pound to include in my donation. I will pledge $2 per pound. Every little bit counts and, if you pledge any amount (50 cents to $5 or more!), I'll post your name on the list of donors in the side bar.

But that's not all folks!

No matter what I lose, I will donate blood to MD Anderson on April 1st. However! If I lose 30 pounds by this point, I am going to cut my long hair short and donate it to Locks of Love (link: http://www.locksoflove.org/)!

This is going to be a transformation people and I'd like for you all to participate for this great cause."
As you can see, she wanted support. I saw that it was going towards a very charitable cause and I matched her own pledge. C'mon, I donate blood so pledging a few bucks is something I wouldn't hesitate doing. Regardless, we still talked for a good while afterward before she suddenly gave me the silent treatment.

This is what she wrote on her blog when she announced her fundraiser. I would appreciate it if one person on this forum would not assume that I'm an evil, lecherous hump.

As you can see, she wanted support. I saw that it was going towards a very charitable cause and I matched her own pledge. C'mon, I donate blood so pledging a few bucks is something I wouldn't hesitate doing. Regardless, we still talked for a good while afterward before she suddenly gave me the silent treatment.

I don't see a problem with this. She had a goal, asked for support, he supported her. Why not?

Well, this was unexpected. I did what you all told me to by moving on, dating other people, and writing her off as a lost cause unless she got back to me. I hadn't said a word to her in over a month. She just Skyped me out of the blue last night and asked me out for next weekend. She said she'd been very busy and had opened her eyes. WTF? I'm giving her a second chance but should I ask her what exactly happened?

J

Jiarn

One of two things. Either she was really busy and missed you (though why no small correspondance in the meantime) or the other people she was seeing just weren't working out.

Well, this was unexpected. I did what you all told me to by moving on, dating other people, and writing her off as a lost cause unless she got back to me. I hadn't said a word to her in over a month. She just Skyped me out of the blue last night and asked me out for next weekend. She said she'd been very busy and had opened her eyes. WTF? I'm giving her a second chance but should I ask her what exactly happened?
"You want to go out? I dunno - have you lost that 40 pounds yet? If not, you might have to..." :csi: "...weight a little longer."

Status
Not open for further replies.