Worse and Worse and Worse...Phantom Menace goes 3-D

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually love what people OTHER than Lucas have done with the ideas introduced in the prequels. That's why he should have had people who could tell him "no George, that's just stupid" during filming.

^ Love the animation on that though.
Added at: 04:35
From the moment I met you, all those years ago, not a day has gone by when I haven't thought of you. And now that I'm with you again... I'm in agony. The closer I get to you, the worse it gets. The thought of not being with you- I can't breath. I'm haunted by the kiss that you should never have given me. My heart is beating... hoping that kiss will not become a scar. You are in my very soul, tormenting me... what can I do?- I will do anything you ask.
Is that ACTUALLY a Twilight quote? And people read that? WILLINGLY?

I saw the Clone Wars this weekend, and Anakin seduced a queen... And it was so much better than the stalkerish rubbish from Ep II. Even the acting was leagues better than Ep II.

I saw the Clone Wars this weekend, and Anakin seduced a queen... And it was so much better than the stalkerish rubbish from Ep II. Even the acting was leagues better than Ep II.
Yeah, it's funny how him acting like an asshole to impress an evil slaver comes off way better then whatever the hell that was that happened in Attack of the Clones...

I, er, attained a copy of the two trilogies on Bluray and started watching the high point of the new trilogy with Revenge of the Sith.

No, just no. The whole prequel set has not aged well at all. The Bioware cinematics have more energy, pizzazz and STAR WARS!!! excitement to them than these $100 million pieces of excrement. There is nothing noteworthy anywhere to suggest that these were anything but bloated pieces of commercial crap put together by a bloated piece of director crap.

High points:
Re-starting Liam Neeson's career
Ewan McGregor doing a pretty good Sir Alec impersonation
Duel of the Fates, Across the Stars, Battle of the Heroes - all great additions to the John Williams Best of Soundtrack
Darth Maul - character, fight (And then George Lucas kills him off)

Low Points:
Wasted Jedi
Jar Jar
Captain Tanaka(?)
Padme's character
Hayden Christiansen
The whole story
Not lining up with the existing mythology
Poor acting
Humdrum action

It actually made me sad watching it.

And speaking of Geroge:

When I told Lucas that Spielberg had accepted the blame for nuking the fridge, he looked stunned. "It's not true," he said. "He's trying to protect me."

In fact, it was Spielberg who "didn't believe" the scene. In response to Spielberg's fears, Lucas put together a whole nuking-the-fridge dossier. It was about six inches thick, he indicated with his hands. Lucas said that if the refrigerator were lead-lined, and if Indy didn't break his neck when the fridge crashed to earth, and if he were able to get the door open, he could, in fact, survive. "The odds of surviving that refrigerator -- from a lot of scientists -- are about 50-50," Lucas said.
Now that's a dossier i'd like to see...

Coz really, my 1st thought when i saw that scene wasn't about the nuke, but about how the fridge hit the dirt way too hard for him not to end up a paraplegic.

More on him, he's apparently blaming the current snubbing of Red Tails on racism and his own public perception.

I'd like to say:

George, I am personally (currently) obsessed with flying in general. I play WW2 flight sims with an expensive joystick setup. I think Red Tails looks terrible and marketing a WW2 story about the Tuskegee airmen with dubstep miiiiiiiiiiiiight have been a shitty move.

More on him, he's apparently blaming the current snubbing of Red Tails on racism and his own public perception.

I'd like to say:

George, I am personally (currently) obsessed with flying in general. I play WW2 flight sims with an expensive joystick setup. I think Red Tails looks terrible and marketing a WW2 story about the Tuskegee airmen with dubstep miiiiiiiiiiiiight have been a shitty move.

Wow, that looks incredibly awful, and nothing like what Lucas showed when he went on the Daily Show...

Marketing fail!

Eh, looks like he is taking his bat and ball and going home.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/01/22/magazine/george-lucas-red-tails.html?_r=1
“I’m retiring,” Lucas said. “I’m moving away from the business, from the company, from all this kind of stuff.”

He was careful to leave himself an out clause for a fifth “Indiana Jones” film. But otherwise, “Red Tails” will be the last blockbuster Lucas makes. “Once this is finished, he’s done everything he’s ever wanted to do,” says Rick McCallum, who has been producing Lucas’s films for more than 20 years. “He will have completed his task as a man and a filmmaker.”

Lucas has decided to devote the rest of his life to what cineastes in the 1970s used to call personal films. They’ll be small in scope, esoteric in subject and screened mostly in art houses. They’ll be like the experimental movies Lucas made in the 1960s, around the time he was at U.S.C. film school, when he recorded clouds moving over the desert and made a movie based on an E. E. Cummings poem. During that period, Lucas assumed he would spend his career on the fringes. Then “Star Wars” happened — and though Lucas often mused about it, he never committed himself to the uncommercial world until now.
--Patrick

George Lucas officially loses his mind (via The Hollywood Reporter):

THR: People can get fanatical about the movies — how does that make you feel? The puppet vs. CGI Yoda ruckus, and the who-shot-first, Han Solo or Greedo furor come to mind.
Lucas: Well, it’s not a religious event. I hate to tell people that. It’s a movie, just a movie. The controversy over who shot first, Greedo or Han Solo, in Episode IV, what I did was try to clean up the confusion, but obviously it upset people because they wanted Solo [who seemed to be the one who shot first in the original] to be a cold-blooded killer, but he actually isn’t. It had been done in all close-ups and it was confusing about who did what to whom. I put a little wider shot in there that made it clear that Greedo is the one who shot first, but everyone wanted to think that Han shot first, because they wanted to think that he actually just gunned him down.

Wait wait wait wait.
So he said that Gredo shot first all along and we just didn't notice? lolololololol

Dave

Staff member
Han shooting first makes sense for the character because he was very smart. He knew Greedo was going to try and ice him and figured it was always better to fire first in close quarters. Not firing first is just dumb. Greedo all but says that he's going to kill Han right there and then. Han has nothing to lose by firing and nothing to gain by waiting.

I'm always amazed when people lie so much they begin to believe it themselves. I think that's what happened here.

In the inevitable event that Lucas dies, what are the odds of someone finally saying, "FINE! Here. Remastered HD copies of the original, original, original trilogy with not a single thing changed!"

Then again, maybe Lucas will have it in his will to have everything with the name Star Wars destroyed just to give one last fuck you to the fans.

In the inevitable event that Lucas dies, what are the odds of someone finally saying, "FINE! Here. Remastered HD copies of the original, original, original trilogy with not a single thing changed!"

Then again, maybe Lucas will have it in his will to have everything with the name Star Wars destroyed just to give one last fuck you to the fans.
He won't erase them, he'll tape over them with an all ewok edition.

Status
Not open for further replies.