Worse and Worse and Worse...Phantom Menace goes 3-D

Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks like Yoda is checking out Darth Maul's ass and making a "Not Bad" face. Which is still more entertaining than the entire movie.

I thought it was common knowledge as soon as the "re-launches" were announced that they were ALL gonna be 3D

Ooo, I think the best part is how the poster depicts Darth Maul...holding his double-ended saber. Now we don't even need to wait for the trailer to spoil the movie, cuz now it's right there on the poster!

--Patrick

Funny part is it'll still make money, and geeks everywhere will gladly fork over 15 bucks... bitching all the way.

Since Jar-Jar is the character that was originally rendered in 3-D, he'll likely end up getting more screen time.

Just think how funny it will be when Qui Jung-Il grabs Jar-Jar's tounge IN 3-D :(

Maybe they'll re-do the scene where jar-jar grabs a meat thing with his tongue so it comes out of the screen, wraps around the viewers head, and then yanks.

Overall I'm meh. There may be some value to watching it in 3d- especially the duels and the pod race.

I suspect that Lucas will have it done well - It's a conversion, so it's not going to be great (and there will be a lot more people complaining about headaches than with a real 3d movie) but as long as he does it well, and does a good job on later conversions, I don't think it's a bad thing.

This is is baby, and he's going to keep modifying it until it matches his vision - which changes over time.

Funny part is it'll still make money, and geeks everywhere will gladly fork over 15 bucks... bitching all the way.
I'll be there for Episodes 4-6. Maybe Episode 3. Possibly Episode 2. But not Episode 1. Okay, I'll be there for all 6. Curse you Lucas. I know 1-3 suck and I'm still going to watch it in 3d.

Seeing Arriety, Brave, Dark Knight Rises, Avengers, Hobbit, Prometheus this year... I can see 7 movies and that's 6. What else good is coming out? I feel like I'm forgetting something for the summer.

Hint: Not seeing this shit.

Oh god, how awesome would it be for this to flop; just to give George Lucas an eye-opener that Star Wars is not a vacuum to suck our wallets empty with.

It would be extremely awesome... too bad it's also extremely unlikely.

I won't be going to see it. 3D conversions done in post production are never as good as ones filmed natively in it anyways.

North_Ranger

Staff member
George Lucas works the Star Wars franchise for money like a pimp does a ho who looks like sixteen. News at eleven.

Also, not going to see this. I hate to admit it, but I tried to watch the original trilogy a while back... I couldn't 'cause I kept fearing Jar Jar might pounce out from nowhere all of a sudden.

I'm glad movie theaters are still less than $5USD here (and digital),I can go see pretty much any movie in a kick-ass giant screen without feeling bad if it's a stinker.

I hate post 3D, so this definitely won't be on my list. What pisses me off is that all these post production 3D hackjobs are going to kill 3D in movies because the average movie goer doesn't even understand the difference between natively shot 3D and post production 3D.

Every time I hear that Lucas has changed something in the movies, I picture him as Smeagol/Gollum.

"We must improve our movies, yes, precious."
"No, we can't. We promised".
"We lied, precious. Oh yes."

Honestly I do not understand why anyone thinks the Darth Maul fight is good. It's got zero-tension, despite the attempt to give it emotional depth it has none, all it really has is cool music. IMO of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.