[PC Game] World of Warcraft: Catch All Thread

Are the +stamina ones considered tank only?
If the tank does not have them, I would recommend letting them have it, because they work so much better for tanks. However, if the tank already had the one that dropped, then everyone else should be able to roll on them. That's how it normally goes.

So far I got the tanking trinket and healer trinket, but hope to get the DPS trinket and the two brew steins before the event ends.

Also, Kodo dropped for me again on my first run, too bad I already had it and couldn't trade it, lol.

Now for some new information, Blizzard just posted this on the forums, once again listening to the fans about the difficulty of reputation grinds on alts.

We're working on a change for a future patch that will make it easier to gain reputation with a specific faction on every alt on your Battle.net account, after you reach a certain reputation with that faction on another character.

Stay tuned for more information on this, likely coming before the end of the week.

I meant the Brew Stein trinkets not the tank specific one sorry.
I know, that is what I was talking about. The stamina on the steins is better for tanks, so the tank should get them default, but if he already has them, others can roll for either offspec or fun. No one outside of tanking would want the tanking trinket.

Now for some new information, Blizzard just posted this on the forums, once again listening to the fans about the difficulty of reputation grinds on alts.
I'm going to assume the rep they are talking about is Golden Lotus, which would be a good start. If it's not, then I'm going to go use my Ironpaw tokens to buy a flippable table.

I'm going to assume the rep they are talking about is Golden Lotus, which would be a good start. If it's not, then I'm going to go use my Ironpaw tokens to buy a flippable table.
They didn't specify a certain rep, and while the mention of "a specific reputation" could mean this will only work on a single one, it is my hope whatever new system will apply to all reputations.

Personally, I want for them to go through with an old idea I had, in which alts are always at the next level down from the one you have on the highest level reputation character. Exalted with Golden Lotus? All your alts are now Revered. It means you still had to grind on that character to get the most out of it, but the trip itself is a lot faster because you only have to grind through the last level back. Another idea they might have is a buff similar to the Valor buff, in which one you get Exalted with a reputation all gains on that reputation will increase on alts by a percentage.[DOUBLEPOST=1349365626][/DOUBLEPOST]
It basically made the part of the game I enjoyed most, relaxingly leveling alts, not at all fun.
Well, I will keep the board informed if they ever allow a way to opt out of the process.

Oh really Gil, are you gonna post another, "It doesn't affect me so it's fine" post about CRZ?
No, I'm going to say that I disagree with you leaving WoW over something that's not even the purpose of Mists. You say -I wish I got my money back on Mists- the problem is, Mists isn't about low levels or alts (that's what Cataclysm was for), it's about max level and having plenty of things to do with your main.

Yeah, I didn't even get to Mists, because the changes to low level shit was so terrible. And don't fucking say it isn't about low levels. They made insane sweeping changes to how all lower level zones work and added a new race and class. Both of which happen to start at level 1, not 85.

They didn't specify a certain rep, and while the mention of "a specific reputation" could mean this will only work on a single one, it is my hope whatever new system will apply to all reputations.

Personally, I want for them to go through with an old idea I had, in which alts are always at the next level down from the one you have on the highest level reputation character. Exalted with Golden Lotus? All your alts are now Revered. It means you still had to grind on that character to get the most out of it, but the trip itself is a lot faster because you only have to grind through the last level back. Another idea they might have is a buff similar to the Valor buff, in which one you get Exalted with a reputation all gains on that reputation will increase on alts by a percentage..
Eh, I doubt they are going to do that. But you need revered Golden Lotus to unlock a pretty big chunk of dailies, which is the one they need to fix if they are only going to fix one.

Heh, there's been 1100 pages of anti-CRZ posts on the WoW forums and just about as many on the European forums. I don't think it's popular.

Exactly 0 responses from Blizzard.

I was sure to exactly spell out that it was the problems with CRZ that I was cancelling when I did so.

ScytheRexx

Earning reputation with various factions has long been an important part to World of Warcraft and as time has gone on, we've made tweaks and changes to the system to make it more interesting and to give players access to unique items. For example, we recently hotfixed the game to apply a change to some reputation items which you can read about in our recently updated blog that allows players to purchase certain items much sooner. And we're not done!

Coming in a future patch, earning reputation is going to become much more fluid. Basically, once one of your characters has reached at least Revered reputation with a faction, all other characters on the same Battle.net account will then earn reputation with the same faction at twice the rate. Going one step further, and as an added bonus, your main character who reached Revered will also begin to earn double the reputation as he or she climbs to Exalted.

Here's a simplified break down:
  • Any single character earns Revered reputation with a faction
  • All other characters on the Battle.net account begin to earn double reputation for that one same faction
  • The Revered character earns double reputation as he or she works toward Exalted
  • ???
  • Profit

We’ll keep you posted as this change is closer to being implemented. In the meantime, we’d love to hear your feedback!

I like it. That means I will be getting nearly 1k reputation for each of my Cloud Serpent dailies (plus a good 3oo for the First Aid bonus daily), a good 3000k+ a day when I want to deck those guys out with serpents.

A bit odd about the whole Exalted thing though. By doubling the reputation towards Exalted, by just reaching Revered, they have effectively made it another level of Revered (since each rep level is double requirements of the last). Will take the same amount of time to get through both.

P.S Actually someone on the boards pretty much figured out why that is going to be happening. Blizzard does not have a way for the system to distinguish character when it applies the double reputation, and thus it has to apply it across the board to all characters. Thus when your character hits Revered and allows the other characters double reputation for that faction, it has to also apply to the main.

So I've gotten 5/20 Rare Treasures so far for Finder's Keepers achievement. Problem is, 2 of the 5 items weren't credited into my inventory because of bugs.
I submitted a ticket to a GM for getting those items replaced and my wait is 4days 13hrs.
Fan-freaking-tastic.

Daily quests, quests that can be completed once per day for gold and reputation, mostly.

The vast majority of these are at max level, especially in Mists of Pandaria, where there's an entire zone dedicated to daily quest completion.

What the hell are these "dailies" I keep hearing everyone here referring to?
I thought you played back in BC? Daily quests were added back then in Patch 2.1, for factions like the Netherwing, Shat'ari Skyguard, and Ogri'la. It's been a staple of the game ever since.

That's when I had last played as well. I still find it crazy that three of us did BWL.

I never got a chance to do Black wing lair. I only did Molten Core a few times and was running... um... I can't remember the names anymore but I was still just trying to put together my full lightforge set lol.

Here's another power scaling comparison for you, speaking of Molten Core. I went to pop off Geddon because I've been trying to get his binding, and realized that he now has less HP than mobs I regularly kill while questing. :p