[PC Game] World of Warcraft: Catch All Thread

Dave

Staff member
My druid hit 108 this morning. It's a race! that you'll probably win since I started behind about 4 levels.)

Dude, why would you want to stay in Outland for any extended length of time?
Because it was fun back when it came out and I thought it'd still be fun, but it's really not. They got the questing to flow better than vanilla, but it wasn't until Northrend that they figured out how to really tell stories in this framework. So it's kinda just this meh middle ground and it seems quickest to blow through by doing instances repeatedly until level 68.

Though with how the difficulty of mobs has been dialed down in older content, you can contend with Northrend mobs much earlier than level 68. Maybe Blizz should lift the minimum level restrictions on quests for the old content if they want people to push through it faster.

Dave

Staff member
I hit 110 while you were cooking dinner, though.
Yay! As always, though...now what? I do not like PUGs so I don't get to raid very much, and LFG is painful as a DPS. Plus I know NONE of the new content. So I've joined a fairly large guild and am trying to see about raiding with them. If they don't mind Mr. Noob hanging around.

Yay! As always, though...now what? I do not like PUGs so I don't get to raid very much, and LFG is painful as a DPS. Plus I know NONE of the new content. So I've joined a fairly large guild and am trying to see about raiding with them. If they don't mind Mr. Noob hanging around.
Well, I don't know about you, but I've only got three pillars of creation and haven't finished my class Hall quests yet, so I've got those to work on.

7.2 hit today. And I've realized I've got no interest in checking it out. Especially when this little nugget of information just dropped. Why even bother gearing up, then?
Well remember, since WoW has existed, most of the gearing dynamic has always been built around the raids and dungeons. That only first started changing on the tail end of WOTLK when they started adding more outdoor rewards of decent value to events like the Tournament, and only hit it's apex when MoP started throwing gear at us on the Timeless Isle. Before that, if you wanted gear of any value (aka better then low ilevel rep blues), you had to either raid or chain dungeons for Justice Points.

Even though gear is more plentiful now with world quests and catch up items like the Dauntless loot and crafting + obliterum, that dynamic has never changed. They still expect gear to be only a driving factor towards more difficult raids or higher level mythic+ dungeons (which don't scale on ilevel). The outdoor areas have always been considered the "easy" content, so my guess is they are scaling it to stay "easy" and not reach "trivial" which can happen once you get a high enough ilevel, even more so this expansion since random legendaries and the artifacts really boost you up once you get them near the end. I started out feeling like I hit like wet paper at some points while leveling, but now with a maxed out artifact and even just one legendary, nothing in the outside world even really scratches me, hell half the time they just attack my bodyguard while I kill them.

I even soloed an elite World Quest on the Broken Shore last night, not even realizing it was elite till I noticed they were dying a little slower then usual and my bodyguard was getting exhausted a bit quickly, and noticed the gold portrait. If they are scaling up I honestly didn't really notice. Maybe the scaling also goes in reverse? I ain't the highest ilevel around but I do have a feeling like a lot of older world quests have gotten EASIER since yesterday, but I just chalked it up to getting some upgrades on the Broken Shore until I saw the reddit post.

For what it's worth, at 900+ ilevel the world content is still absolutely trivial; the only change is that killing things takes a little bit longer. Not sure what the point of the change is, except to make the process of killing the same mobs I've killed hundreds of times a little bit more tedious.

They've rolled back that change. And now that I've landed on the broken shore and finished the artifact quest chain, I've... got nothing but WQs to grind until Tuesday. :p

They've rolled back that change. And now that I've landed on the broken shore and finished the artifact quest chain, I've... got nothing but WQs to grind until Tuesday. :p
Sort of. They just reduced it and removed any damage increase, but did keep in the ilevel health increase, since they feel people will start killing questing mobs too fast otherwise. I can kind of see the wisdom, since making them naturally harder to counter all the maxed out artifacts running around, would just make the content unplayable for a newly minted 110.

Also, for those that are newly minted (or just not decked out with amazing gear), make sure to go do older World Quests, as all the gear based world quests saw their ilevel boosted too. Just got a 870 ilevel helm from a world quest I have done dozens of times in the past.

Apparently Twitch and Curse have merged. And now the Curse Client has gone from just nagging you to merge your accounts before it will reenable the update all button to just automatically installing twitch. I didn't ask for twitch. Didn't want twitch. Screw you guys for doing that without my consent. Uninstalled from the laptop.

I was a loyal Curse Client user for years. No longer. This may be the change that keeps me out of WoW for good. I'm uninstalling from the laptop as soon as I post this.

Apparently Twitch and Curse have merged. And now the Curse Client has gone from just nagging you to merge your accounts before it will reenable the update all button to just automatically installing twitch. I didn't ask for twitch. Didn't want twitch. Screw you guys for doing that without my consent. Uninstalled from the laptop.

I was a loyal Curse Client user for years. No longer. This may be the change that keeps me out of WoW for good. I'm uninstalling from the laptop as soon as I post this.
Curse has been stealing your information for YEARS, consolidation of apps is the least egregious thing they've done.

Twitch has probably been the smartest buy that Amazon has made in years. And really, I really dig the Twitch Prime stuff: free games and other stuff just for having an Amazon Prime account, including a free Stream Sub to help support a channel I like. If this is happening, it's basically the only thing that would make me want to even TRY Curse.

Dave

Staff member
Jesus. By leveling you mean "has already leveled really really high".

Guess the Gnome rogue I just started playing and have at level 12 won't be able to keep up yet...I do have several level 100 characters on that server - Mage, Rogue, Monk, Hunter. Maybe I cold start playing one of them again.

Jesus. By leveling you mean "has already leveled really really high".
Well, leveling through legion means... you know, in the legion content.

But the character itself is only a couple of weeks old. Outland was the worst part, dear god how I hate outland.

Dave

Staff member
Started this weekend in the 70's and dinged 105 today. Trying hard for Legion Pathfinding, but man is that going to be a slog. Gotta hit 110 before I can go to Suramar. And then grind rep. Oy vey.

They nerfed the requirements for Pathfinder part 2. Mostly I just had to wait for the Legionfall emissary quest to come around every few days for the 1500 rep.

So yeah. I signed up for BfA. Turns out as of the previous patch you could have been running allied races after purchase. So I'm a few weeks behind on my new Nightborne.

Part of me wants to play again... the other part knows I have no time and social anxiety makes it hard to do anything but solo'ing anyway.

So yeah. I signed up for BfA. Turns out as of the previous patch you could have been running allied races after purchase. So I'm a few weeks behind on my new Nightborne.
I wanted to come back just to make a golden Draenei, but when I discovered I'd need to grind rep to unlock it, I left again.

Dave

Staff member
I actually like having to grind for a new race. It makes it so that when you go to that race's starting area there's less congestion. Theoretically at least.