[PC Game] World of Warcraft: Catch All Thread

Hope you guys took advantage of that XP because it got a bit nerfed. I mean, sort of.

They increased the amount of invasions this week to three every two hours, rather then two every four hours. This means we get triple the invasions in the same amount of time we did before, but to compensate Blizzard nerfed XP gain by 50%. This means that if you do ALL the invasions each round, you are making more XP then before, but you have to work harder and have more time open. It's also way less lucrative if you cycle alts, since you won't have enough time to fit them into a two hour window.

I still plan to take advantage of them, but now I will just focus on one character till it hits 100, and supplement the times between invasions by going to Draenor and collecting treasures for their bonus XP.

BTW, if you are leveling through invasions, DON'T OPEN YOUR BOXES. The boxes don't generate the loot till they are opened, meaning if you hold onto them till you reach cap, you can open them to a whole set of 700 ilevel gear and weapons, possibly even Warforged.

Last edited:
So Blizzard increased the XP again. Sort of... It's really buggy though.

Rather then increase the XP gained from phases, they decided to increase the XP you get from killing creatures. It's actually a pretty substantial boost, with some mobs giving 20k XP on a kill, and puts more emphasis on taking part rather then just sitting AFK in the zone.

The problem? It still takes into account "raid penalties" and "twink penalties". In other words, you get reduced XP if more then 5 people attack a tagged mob, and the amount is reduced even further if the mob was attacked by someone higher level then you. It's such a big penalty that mobs that give that 20k when killed solo are only giving 100 XP to lower levels taking part in the event if just one level 100 tries to join them in killing a mob. I think this was unintentional (as it makes the boost rather worthless), but it means if you do want to level a lot using invasions, focus on going to the farthest camps, attacking the easiest mobs, either in a small group or by yourself.

Avoid other players as much as possible.

Last edited:
Blizzard announced patch 7.1 today, which will go on the PTR at expansion launch. It'll include a new Karazhan dungeon, a small Stormheim raid to fit between Emerald Nightmare and Nighthold, and a new outdoor zone with content.

I'm mostly excited about the content flow improvement being shown immediately.

Well people were complaining about those bugs I mentioned with the kill XP, a hotfix went in tonight to remove the bugs and make it more lucrative, and holy shit did it ever.

You get full XP per kill now no matter how many other people hit the boss. We are talking a good 10%-15% of a level or more per boss kill, and a single invasion guarantees at least four (more if you hunt the named ones during the third phase which I have seen go as high as 8), and this is not even counting the 35% of a level you still get just for taking part in the invasion phases and all the trash that gives a good chunk of XP.

You can now make 3-4 levels easy in a single 3 invasion combo every two hours. Seriously, if you have any alts you really wanted to level. I would take advantage of this before it ends.

Well people were complaining about those bugs I mentioned with the kill XP, a hotfix went in tonight to remove the bugs and make it more lucrative, and holy shit did it ever.

You get full XP per kill now no matter how many other people hit the boss. We are talking a good 10%-15% of a level or more per boss kill, and a single invasion guarantees at least four (more if you hunt the named ones during the third phase which I have seen go as high as 8), and this is not even counting the 35% of a level you still get just for taking part in the invasion phases and all the trash that gives a good chunk of XP.

You can now make 3-4 levels easy in a single 3 invasion combo every two hours. Seriously, if you have any alts you really wanted to level. I would take advantage of this before it ends.
Im hoping to get some characters that have been stuck in the 20's forever to around 60 before all is said and done. It's been awesome seeing an actual populated world in WoW again... And folks helping each other.

Sooo, anyone streaming via Facebook? The battle.net launcher now features that option.
Not sure the majority of my Facebook friends would be interested in watching me cycle through alts at invasion points though.

I haven't tried it, but then kinda the same story here. Maybe 5-6 people I know would even want to watch WoW, I can't imagine any would have wanted to watch me and my guild get eaten by goofing around in Mythic Highmaul.

I can't figure out why they linked the stream tool to Facebook and not Twitch or YouTube, or something similar, but I'm sure money was involved.

From what I've read, it looks like there will be an option to choose where to stream it to. Perhaps Facebook is just the trial? Proof of concept and should it go well Twitch and YouTube partnerships may follow? *shrug*

Well, a friend tried it out last night and even with his fairly high-end rig the video is pretty stuttery and not of a great quality. Definitely still needs work.

I tried it out today, had a whole 2 viewers at one point whoooo. A buddy of mine checked it out via his phone, said it was pretty choppy. Work in progress for sure.

Dave

Staff member
I can't afford the x-pac yet. We had to pay for schooling and BOOKS!!!! out of this last paycheck so I'll have to wait.

I'm looking at making a comeback, rolling some fresh toons, using my 100 boost. What realms are everyone playing on? Do realms even matter anymore? Are guilds still limited to realm only?

Dave

Staff member
I haven't played for about a month now. I missed all the legion events. Fucking school. Not going to school - PAYING for it.

I'm looking at making a comeback, rolling some fresh toons, using my 100 boost. What realms are everyone playing on? Do realms even matter anymore? Are guilds still limited to realm only?
If you are on a "linked" set of realms, then you can have cross-realm guilds, but that is not every realm. Realms don't matter super much though since every zone is pretty much CRZ now. You could go questing in a zone, meet dozens of people, and not a single one might be from the same server as you. The only places that are still server only seem to be major cities (though not the new Dalaran, which I have noticed is CRZ mixed). I am playing on Ghostlands and Wyrmrest Accord right now.

alliance/horde?
Alliance on Ghostlands, Horde on Wyrmrest. I should mention though that I am mostly a solo player, I have a guild but it's more a formality. If you ever want to group we can do that no matter what server you are on, as long as we are the same faction.

Missed the invasion, but I'm back in as of last night. And now I have to relearn all my rotations. So. Much. Gone.
You should try being a demonology warlock.

"Oh, that whole thing we used to do was cut out entirely and moved over to Demon Hunters? Oh, ok"

So finally hit 110 on my main after taking a bit of a side track getting artifacts on all my alts. It made me realize that I have a love / hate relationship with the new scaled leveling zones.

On the one hand, it's very relaxing to level now because you don't have to feel like you are "wasting time" by over extending yourself in a zone after you outlevel it. The whole experiance scales with you, so you can leveling in a single zone all the way to story completion and you don't feel behind.

On the other hand, now that I am max leveling and have to worry about getting around for World Quest, it's pretty annoying when something I was killing back at level 100 is dazing and then kicking my ass at 110 (I am looking at you, black unicorns of death).

All I can really say is thank god Blizzard has the foresight to add that flight path whistle, otherwise getting around for all these scattered world quests was going to suck since we don't have flying yet.

My plan right now is just to keep up with world quests and leveling my alts to 102 so I can unlock the order hall missions and extra champions including bodyguard, then just slowly level up the alts to max. I really want to try unlocking a lot of the artifact designs so I will have them when the system ends at the end of Legion and the designed are moved over to the transmog system.