[PC Game] World of Warcraft: Catch All Thread

A little pet leveling advice.

You only need to attack ONE round with a low level pet to get experience credit. I found by sending in my two low level pets for one round each, then finish off the group with a higher level pet, it can level up pretty quickly. You will have to travel to a stable master though depending on how low level the pet is though, as they will likely get hit hard that single round if the enemy pets a few levels higher.

You get extra experiences as long as the pet is one level under the pets you are fighting, a sort of difficulty bonus. Again, this will happen as long as the low level pet gets in one round, then you can use a high level pet to finish them off. The high level pet obviously will not get the bonus on his own experience.

If you succeed in defeating a enemy pet team with only a single pet the entire time, it seems you get even more bonus experience with that single pet, however that's pretty rare to do once you move beyond single pet fights into team fights.

are the vanity pets trainable as fighting pets?
Yes. Nearly all pets can be used in the battle system. So far the only ones you can't are a few of the humanoids (Guild Herald, Argent Gruntling), the balloons, and the kites. Even the Enchanting Lantern is a Battle Pet.

For a updated list of the pets you can go to WarCraft Pets. It's been the long standing place for vanity pet info. The webmaster Breanni was even added officially to the game back in WOTLK as the Dalaran pet merchant and the one that mails the achievement vanity pets, due to the websites popularity.

P.S. Also for those curious about requirements, you have to be at least Level 5 and pay 100g (80g if Exalted with Stormwind) to learn the pet battle skill. However, you only have to learn it once, as the skill is account-based and will let you do the pet battles on any character after that point.

Right now I have Peanut, Clockwork Gnome, and Phoenix Hatchling. Will probably swap them around some eventually, but Peanut is pretty beast against the 5 billion critter types I keep running into. And popping fire aura on the phoenix, and dropping turrets with the gnome basically means I'm doing a ton of passive damage per round.

I just let it sit at Connecting for about 6-7 minutes and it worked. Apparently that's the Official Workaround until Blizz figures out the issue.

The storyline connection and culmination of Krasarang Wilds and Valley of the Four Winds is truly something everyone who plays WoW is going to really enjoy.

I've always had Alt-itis pretty bad, but the Monk's cured it for now. We'll see how that changes once I hit the high 50's before BC instances open and I have to quest more (screw BRD).

I remember Blizzard saying that they were going to make leveling cooking a lot easier, little did I know they basically said "Get to Pandaria? Here, just learn all these Pandaren recipes, ingredients are at the vender, hurry up and get it to Zen Master."

I remember Blizzard saying that they were going to make leveling cooking a lot easier, little did I know they basically said "Get to Pandaria? Here, just learn all these Pandaren recipes, ingredients are at the vender, hurry up and get it to Zen Master."
Really? Fuck, well, I guess no point in grinding that nonsense up with alts then.

Really? Fuck, well, I guess no point in grinding that nonsense up with alts then.
At least till you get to Pandaria.

At the very least some of the recipes require carp, which you can only really get through fishing, but the majority just require things like rice and peaches, which are sold by the vendor that teaches you the new Pandaren recipes at Halfhill.

After attempting to level as Protection on my paladin for awhile I just realized it was likely the reason I was going so slow (that and the fact I am reading all the quests and listening to all the little dialog). Changed my healing spec to Retribution, and now going a lot faster, moving through 87 now. Will likely hit 90 by tomorrow or the end of the week if the pace I had yesterday keeps up. Just unlocked the middle zone and the "capitol" of the continent, so now I have all the trainer, portals, etc... open to me, which is nice. So good to see the old Shattrath/Dalaran-style portals back up with all the capitols (They even have one for Shattrath and Dalaran, funny enough)

Not sure how I am going to handle alts. The leveling does feel pretty slow, I worry this will be another Cata and I will only stomach leveling a few of them. Will have to see how it goes with BGs. I love having a lot of alts at max level because it gives me more to do in heroics.

P.S. This expansion, if it has one thing going for it above and beyond, is personality. I have yet to come across a character I have not enjoyed. Even Mudmug, the hillbilly redneck Pandaren, makes me smile.

That's such a douche move. The brewfest thing, oh you didn't power through the levels in a week. No world event stuff for you.

Got the stam trinket on my DK, 1356 stam. Coren hits like a face smashing brick when you are only 89 though lol. Also, Brewfest lasts until October 13th. If you can't get to 90 by then, it has nothing to do with not being a speed leveler. :p Blizzard also bumped the start of Brewfest back a week to give people more time.

Hopefully there'll be some quests to do in the camps, at least. Generally the world event quests are worth some nice xp (the one to Uther's grave was like 9k with heirlooms at level 36 or so).

Also remember that the trinkets drop off the boss, so you can run it as many times as you want till you get them all (I usually get them all in one day for all three of my paladin specs). The only thing it's going to suck is losing days trying for the mounts. Thankfully for me, I already have both mounts. ;)

I got the Brewmaster achieve years ago, at least, so I'm not worried about that part. Not using the title at the moment since every Panda in existence is, but I have it.

My Monk's name is Huflungpu, but sadly I never did bother with the Hand of A'dal questline.

BTW, they added yet a new "Brew" item this year. Before it was the Pony Keg (A keg you set on the ground), then last year it was the Keg Pony (Keg on the back of a pony), and the newest one is the Pandaren Brewpack.

The Brewpack costs 100 tickets (pretty easy to get no matter the level if you just do the daily events) and when active puts a Pandaren Keg on your back for 3 minutes. Perfect for those few times you want to look like a full Brewmaster.

I never got any of the holiday mounts, though I somehow managed to get them for about a dozen people. Never won the roll. Not once.

Fucking Headless Horseman and Direbrew can suck my dick.