[PC Game] World of Warcraft: Catch All Thread

Honestly I'm waiting 2hrs after launch to start up the xpac missions. It's ridiculous (unless you're attempting server first) to try anything else.

I'm cruising along, finishing up old world quests, hearing my guildmates complain about over population in the starting Pandarian zones. I'm just like -Really? I'd have never guessed- and bide my time. From 5am-3pm today is going to be some good gaming time (if I could play that long and for those hours :()

Server firsts just hit: 1hr after opening
Master Medic
Master Miner
Master Skinner

I logged into a panda alt right when it went live, and laughed at the GIANT SEA OF PANDAS. Holy crap.

So I rerolled an orc monk to try the class out. Durotar was pretty empty, except for a few other orc monks.

Sigh.

Still burned out on WoW. Overnights keeps me off when everyone else is on. No sense paying for two nights a week where I can play with my friends. :(

My monk is a gnome and my panda is a mage. One shaman and I in a huge crowd of panda monks!!

I did a bit of leveling on my level 85. The zone really is lovely. Its super crowded but there seems to be enough quest stuff to kill. Or least this early. My only complaint is please...let me skin my own kills...

Too bad I got too tired last night, I wanted to play some. Oh well, always tonight once I get home and get my housework done.

Fucked if I know. Whole teams of people giving the achievee all their cloth? Same thing with the skinning. A raid of people killing mobs while one guy skins everything.

The power leveling players have started hitting 90, including a monk.

How did the Monk do it? He leveled up two RaF characters to 80 before the expansion and then granted the free levels up to 80, then just powered through since midnight to get through the Cataclysm and MoP zones.

Some people are nuts.

Skinning at least would be straight forward. Enchanting, tailoring etc...good lord.[DOUBLEPOST=1348589065][/DOUBLEPOST]

How did the Monk do it? He leveled up two RaF characters to 80 before the expansion and then granted the free levels up to 80, then just powered through since midnight to get through the Cataclysm and MoP zones.

Some people are nuts.
That is crazy! 85 to 86 on its own is a huge amount of experience.

Unless it was a gnome monk then it's fantastic :D

Some people are nuts.
To avoid the panda seas, I rolled an orc monk just to play around with the class, and saw another orc monk standing in the starting area leveling up repeatedly to 80.

To avoid the panda seas, I rolled an orc monk just to play around with the class, and saw another orc monk standing in the starting area leveling up repeatedly to 80.
Yup, I just find it funny that they spent all that time making sure to level two (technically four, since you still need to be within a few levels of the RaF partner for the bonus to leveling they likely used) character to 80 just to start out faster with the Monk. Why not enjoy the leveling and learn the class a bit? I only power through levels now because I have done all the classes, I plan to level up my monk the old fashioned way.

I never understood the realm-first level mentality. I remember in Wrath seeing a Horde Shaman hit the cap within the first day, and a DK hitting it within the second (I was only 74 or so by that time). I feel like you're just missing out on stuff by pushing to level that hard, even if you go back with an alt to enjoy it.

Holy shit, do not logout high in the air on a mount. I logged back in this morning to splattered corpse.

Honestly, it's a little upsetting. We were always given the excuse that we didn't get to ride mounts instantly or have a visual armor graphic because flight form was instant. Now Monks get to keep their appearance and instant flight? What's the excuse now?

Frank I would gladly give up gathering in flight form if it'd help. I just like the instant flight click of a button. What the trade off is supposed to be is that I can't ride a mount instantly or have any of my gear showing cause I'm in a -form-

Guess Monk threw that out the window.

Laziness.

Right now I'm a troll standing next to a pandaren. The models don't even look like they're from the same game. Shading, colours, complexity is completely different.

Honestly, it's a little upsetting. We were always given the excuse that we didn't get to ride mounts instantly or have a visual armor graphic because flight form was instant. Now Monks get to keep their appearance and instant flight? What's the excuse now?
That was the excuse you heard?

They always said that the reason mounts are not instant is because they don't want people escaping fights in PVP at the drop of a button. The reason Flight Form was allowed to stay instant was because it can't be used in battlegrounds, so they figured why not give it as a class boon.

BTW the Monk skill Zen Flight is very slow, it's not going to be a full on mount. It goes the normal run speed, just lets you do it in the sky. It's more a fun item extra then Flight Form.

That was the excuse you heard?

They always said that the reason mounts are not instant is because they don't want people escaping fights in PVP at the drop of a button. The reason Flight Form was allowed to stay instant was because it can't be used in battlegrounds, so they figured why not give it as a class boon.
Exactly, a class boon. At the expense of losing your form.
Now Monks have it as well, at no expense. Unless you count a Minor Glyph slot an expense.

Exactly, a class boon. At the expense of losing your form.
Now Monks have it as well, at no expense. Unless you count a Minor Glyph slot an expense.
I clarified, Zen Flight is not a true mount. Flight Form is still much more of a boon. Unless you don't mind flying around at regular running speed.

I clarified, Zen Flight is not a true mount. Flight Form is still much more of a boon. Unless you don't mind flying around at regular running speed.
I wasn't aware of the speed limitation of the Zen Glpyh.

I don't mean to sound entitled but one thing that's always bothered druids is that there is no point to getting -good looking gear- because we'll never see it, no matter what spec. Transmog was basically a double slap in the face. So the one thing we've held onto as a trade-off was instant flight. Also I do remember very specifically reading on a the druid forum a BLUE posting that was the reason for the trade off (The original post was a Druid whining that he couldn't instant cast any of his flying mounts and we were pretty much unanimous that we didn't want it because we realized it wasn't fair)

Interestingly enough Balance druids got Glyph of Stars which as a Guardian/Feral druid I'm pretty jealous of. Though we did get the staff in Firelands that gave us that amazing Firecat skin. Sadly, of course, it was not permanent.