[PC Game] World of Warcraft: Catch All Thread

The high DPS has always been a side effect of how they tank. A DK does not utilize a shield for blocks, and does not have a huge dodge boost like the Druid (Savage Defense). They tank based on healing themselves, which they do by causing damage using Death Strike.

The only way we can stop the damage is to change the dynamic of how they tank, because without the high damage they would be pretty horrible as tanks.

The high DPS has always been a side effect of how they tank. A DK does not utilize a shield for blocks, and does not have a huge dodge boost like the Druid (Savage Defense). They tank based on healing themselves, which they do by causing damage using Death Strike.

The only way we can stop the damage is to change the dynamic of how they tank, because without the high damage they would be pretty horrible as tanks.
Or we could go back to the BC days when tanks didn't do shit for damage and therefore could never do anything outside of tanking instances.

Oh god, that was horrible. I remember all the people that were screaming about warriors being OP when they finally made protection a viable leveling spec pre-wrath. All because they could finally take on more than one or two mobs at once and not spend 20 minutes fighting them.

That's a great thing to say, but it's still completely fucked that blood DKs trash frost and unholy Dks in DPS. I don't do less DPS than a prot warrior.

I'm pretty sure that I don't outDPS any DPS that is of equal gear to me. I guarantee I kill things slower one on one as Blood than I do as frost, I can just kill more things at once because I'm less squishtastic. (This is since the vengeance nerf)

Also, Squidley, you only go blood as a tank, not as a DPS in a group. Part of tank damage being high is because they are getting vengeance from getting hit in the face. All you have to do to not pull aggro is not be in Blood Presence.

I like my unholy DK for DPS. People do tend to play them stupidly though, going more for direct damage, rather than poping their abilites, like Gargoyle or Metamorphosis (or whatever it's called when you morph your ghoul).

My disc priests have certainly changed playstyle since a couple years back. Damage dealing healers...meow!

I decided to pick up MoP. They were offering it and Cataclysm for $40 and I've always wanted to try WoW. I mean, I have before, but I've never really got any characters too far. Usually I end up playing alone and by level 20 I find that boring. My fault, it is an MMO after all but that's how it goes.

I'm downloading the game at the moment but will report back later with my findings and impressions.

Also, any tips for someone just starting out? For all intents and purposes assume I've never played before, as it's been years since I have, what little I did.

I decided to pick up MoP. They were offering it and Cataclysm for $40 and I've always wanted to try WoW. I mean, I have before, but I've never really got any characters too far. Usually I end up playing alone and by level 20 I find that boring. My fault, it is an MMO after all but that's how it goes.

I'm downloading the game at the moment but will report back later with my findings and impressions.

Also, any tips for someone just starting out? For all intents and purposes assume I've never played before, as it's been years since I have, what little I did.
I agree with Shakey, look us up on WA!

But also....make a gnome!

Ok, here goes. I've been avoiding buying MoP. Cataclysm took a lot of fun out of the game for me, not because it was difficult, I actually loved the increased difficulty of the heroic dungeons, but because it just felt like they crammed too much stuff into 5 levels of experience. They completely changed Azeroth, all of the regions that it took us years to get to know, that we had 58 levels of exploration to experience, just gone at the drop of a hat, and only 5 levels to re-learn; and even then we didn't so much re-learn most of those areas we were so familiar with, because they didn't do much of anything for the 80+ characters for areas like the Barrens or EPL. I altaholic'ed the hell out of those zones, and it was fun, but I was left feeling like my paladin, whom I'd been playing since 2.3 was suddenly homeless (though Cataclysm didn't touch BC content, so he wasn't) and an outsider in this new world. Plus, I only really enjoyed Cataclysm for a few weeks, and then I was done with it. So from an IC and OOC perspective, WoW was kind of over for me. Unfortunately, I'd opted in to the annual pass so I could get beta access (never played it) and Diablo 3 (wasn't overly fond of it). Now though... Fall is upon us, and my mind seems naturally drawn to all things Fantasy. None of my other computer games are really holding my interest right now, and I spend a lot of time being bored unless there's a good college football game on. I'm considering buying MoP and getting back in. But I'm still on the fence and I've heard a lot of mixed reviews about MoP, some of them in this very thread (Jaina torturing and killing civilians because they could become mages? What? Did I really just read that?).

So I'll put it up to the guys and gals of Halforums. Talk me into buying MoP, and give me an idea for a character to play. I think I need to accept that paladin play has changed significantly enough that I need to backburner my old main and start fresh. I don't have a preference as far as role goes, I love them all (though I do prefer ranged DPS to melee DPS, mainly because groups always seem so impatient about waiting for melee DPS to get into position while the rest of them zerg dungeon content). I love PvP (especially PvP healing) and PvE. I will probably, if I end up buying MoP, create a character on WA and join the Halforums guild, which means going Alliance.

My account is about to lapse and I can't give you a good reason to play. It's a stonewall of rep grinds once you hit 90 even if you plan to raid.

If you have an old low level that you never got around to levelling, but don't want to grind it out, if you take advantage of the Scroll of Ressurection, you can get the character bumped up to lvl 80 so you can dive right into cataclysm and up, which also includes a free server transfer if you specifically wanted to play with our guild.

Also, let me give it to you so I can get the celestial mount :p

Well I was in the same boat as you. I lost interest in WoW during Cata and picked up MoP for one last shot. Turns out I've had fun so far. The biggest gripe for me is definitely the giant mound of rep grinds at 90, but I've enjoyed Tillers (harvest Moon sort of dailies and running a farm/building rep with individuals as well as the faction) and the storyline the opens as you gain a new tier of rep with each faction. Monk is a fun class, and the storyline quests in each zone are worth doing for both the lore and rewards. The quests also reward based on spec, not just a normal selection, so odds are you'll get something you need pretty often.

If you like doing dailies, MoP is the expansion for you. ;)

If you ever liked WoW, then doing all the zone quests at least once is pretty interesting. SOCKS NOOOOOOOOOOOOO! and Li Li specifically. I'm trying to level my horde druid, but MoP is suffering from the same thing that all zones have suffered since BC, namely Horde and Alliance doing the same things, with the exception of a couple of quest lines.

It's also worth leveling one panda through the starting area, because it's awesome (the first time), and you can learn a lot of lore if you don't already know it, or alternatively learn it from the Panda PoV. (There's a classroom on the Wandering Isle where you can sit in on a grade school class learning the history of the "island" for example.)

Here's what I enjoy about Mists of Pandaria:
- The new continent is fun and interesting to explore, which I think Cataclysm really lacked.
- Professions are a lot less grindy and more fun to level, particularly Inscription, Cooking and Archaeology.
- CRZ brings a lot more population back to the classic areas. If you like that sort of thing.
- There's more content to do at max level than ever before, even if you only like to do things solo. Doing it all at once, though, can cause burnout. If you aren't a hardcore raider, though, it's not really necessary to grind all the reps at once, and they're improving the process in the next patch.
- Raid finder is a fairly relaxed way to see all of the raid content. It's no more challenging than a LFD heroic, but considering the average raid finder random player, it's probably for the best.

- CRZ brings a lot more population back to the classic areas. If you like that sort of thing.
Also ridiculous bugs, awesome exploits (want to deal with a griefer, woops, he moved into another zone and disappeared to somewhere you can't follow), random latency spikes, no accountability for shit that would get you reported normally (if GMs even existed anymore) and crushed small server economies.

Also, here's another reason to play. If you like bots, you'll love battlegrounds in MoP, where every second person is probably a useless bot. 10 on 10 battle? Nope, more like 3 on 4 with 13 bots on autoattack and follow.

It's not terrible, it's more WoW and it's more interesting than Cataclysm was but overall, the game is tired man.

And I can't say I've had any of the negative experiences with CRZ that you did, Frank. It sucks that you had a terrible experience with it, but I've had several positive experiences with it so far. I can see how griefing would be a severe pain in the ass, but everything else you mention is largely speculative.

And I can't say I've had any of the negative experiences with CRZ that you did, Frank. It sucks that you had a terrible experience with it, but I've had several positive experiences with it so far. I can see how griefing would be a severe pain in the ass, but everything else you mention is largely speculative.
Yeah?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6521292325 That's the first 10000 reply thread. There were two more before they started locking them at 25 pages.

I don't know what it is, Frank, I haven't had any of the problems you've described on either PvP or PvE servers. It really sounds like you've just had really shitty luck.

Girlfriend breaks up with him, suffers a mini stroke, ends up in the hospital, has problems with CRZ.

Yeah, he does have shitty luck this year :(

Yeah, I kinda wish I could transplant my experiences to Frank's. I totally understand that the issues with CRZ are valid, even if I didn't personally experience them.

I don't know what it is, Frank, I haven't had any of the problems you've described on either PvP or PvE servers. It really sounds like you've just had really shitty luck.
Some server groups are far worse than others, as that gigathread there goes on about. There was no rhyme or reason to how they were grouped. Some have massive population servers together, others are a small group of low pop servers and they probably get on fine. One that got it the worst was Proudmore (the openly LBGT adopted server) who have been facing ridiculous (and unaccounted for) harassment.

None of the bugs from beta were fixed, but it was pushed live anyway. The Blizzard of old is definitely gone.

People bitch on forums. News at 11. People are always more vocal when they don't like something than when they do.

There are definitely bugs associated with CRZ. Some have been addressed, some are being addressed with the next patch (since they can't be hotfixed in). I think the biggest thing that needs to be resolved yet would be keeping CRZ level-appropriate to cut down on griefing and resource hogging.

Yeah, that last comment may have been a little over the top, but I stick with it. Anyways, I'm done arguing that shit. My account is done in a day or so and I saw the Pandaria leveling content. The rep wall to use JP or VP is a shitty feature. Dailies aren't fun.

I made a Pandaren hunter on wyrmrest accord named Pangwohd. Completely forgot about the Scroll of Ressurection Bowielee before I re-upped. I don't imagine there is anyway to add it after the fact?

There is no rep wall to use JP. I mean, there was, but that got removed like 3 days after release when Blizzard realized how out of order it seemed.