[PC Game] World of Warcraft: Catch All Thread

There is no rep wall to use JP. I mean, there was, but that got removed like 3 days after release when Blizzard realized how out of order it seemed.
Yeah, that's my error. I think the wall on the JP is how little of you get for doing things.

Some server groups are far worse than others, as that gigathread there goes on about. There was no rhyme or reason to how they were grouped. Some have massive population servers together, others are a small group of low pop servers and they probably get on fine. One that got it the worst was Proudmore (the openly LBGT adopted server) who have been facing ridiculous (and unaccounted for) harassment.
Wait, what?

Wait, what?
The LGBT community was sick of dealing with crap on a regular basis, so they basically adopted Proudmoore as their server "safe haven". Add CRZ, and now all the idiots they were avoiding have an avenue to them again. They can still report the harassment (and probably do), but the reaction is never fast enough to actually prevent the harassment.

The LGBT community was sick of dealing with crap on a regular basis, so they basically adopted Proudmoore as their server "safe haven". Add CRZ, and now all the idiots they were avoiding have an avenue to them again. They can still report the harassment (and probably do), but the reaction is never fast enough to actually prevent the harassment.
Man... it's shit like this, y'know? It won't keep me from playing a game, but it does just make me lose a little more faith in humanity every time.

Can you report people from other servers yet? You couldn't for the longest time. You get a player not found error.

I don't get what issues were there to be had? I don't know the pandaren next to me from Adam so I don't see how sexuality could even be something harassable, aside from the typical 16-24 year old language used universally on Internet gaming.

I don't get what issues were there to be had? I don't know the pandaren next to me from Adam so I don't see how sexuality could even be something harassable, aside from the typical 16-24 year old language used universally on Internet gaming.
Right, but as soon as the average idiot knows that Proudmoore is the official adopted LGBT server, they can just harass everyone they see from Proudmoore.

Can you report people from other servers yet? You couldn't for the longest time. You get a player not found error.
I think that might be one of the ones they can't hotfix in, so the players are stuck using the general reporting system and just trying to remember the player name/server.

I dunno, does the game still add a tag to your character name telling people what server you play on? If so I could easily see people just assuming anyone from Proudmore was gay and constantly lashing out at them.

Right, but as soon as the average idiot knows that Proudmoore is the official adopted LGBT server, they can just harass everyone they see from Proudmoore.
Which is why I see the cure as worse than the disease. Yay segregation?

How does the scroll of res thing work?

Far, I plan to be on later if you need an invite.
I am on currently and will be so for another hour-hour and a half. Then work. I tend to work late at the theatre, until at least 12:30 PST, if not later most nights. But it leaves most of my days free.

To clarify: the disease is homophobia, the cure is culture siloing?
I dunno, I'm tempted to say that the cure is the wanton slaughter of all homophobes, or at least the ones who feel the need to attack members of the LGBT community; but that may just be because I'm getting really fed up with putting up with other people's bullshit prejudices.

To clarify: the disease is homophobia, the cure is culture siloing?
Instead of rehashing this old argument about people creating their own safe haven where they can be with like minded people without fear of abuse, I'll just re-iterate.

picard.jpg

God, I hope you're being silly, cause if you're honestly equating having red hair to being gay on a level of abuse and ostracism, you REALLY need a reality check.

God, I hope you're being silly, cause if you're honestly equating having red hair to being gay on a level of abuse and ostracism, you REALLY need a reality check.
The red hair is a little silly. The reality is I have a gay brother, a bisexual sister, two gay cousins, a transexual cousin, MCed a gay wedding and have nearly a dozen gay friends so I'm no stranger to abuse, ostracism or discrimination and the folly of safe havens.

This is my fault for showing interest in WoW again, isn't it?

Sometimes I feel like I have a reverse-midas touch when it comes to threads...

Yep. Pleasure doing business with you, but I think I'll just avoid this thread until the inevitable lock.
Oh jeez, they're just disagreeing about something, it's not that big of a deal.

Anyways, my little final thought on CRZ. It's a buggy band-aid over the festering wound that Blizzard seems to not want to address and that is the need to merge the low-to-non-existent pop servers. It's smoke and mirrors giving the appearance of a high population server (without the benefits of such as thriving communities, big successful guids, an AH that isn't a barren wasteland). They don't want to actually merge the servers because of the headaches that would cause and, likely, because merging servers is what dying MMOs do and there's no way in hell they want to give off that vibe.

And completely off anything that's currently being discussed, my current WoW forum schadenfreude is reading the complaining about WoW Korean players getting better loot in their 25 man raids.

Nah, WoW Korean players are getting 10s and 25s on separate lock out timers so they can farm more. Woo *finger twirl*

I still laugh that servers like Frank's are overflowing with CRZ people, and yet I can level from 1-80 without seeing anyone else still on my main server.

Oh jeez, they're just disagreeing about something, it's not that big of a deal.

Anyways, my little final thought on CRZ. It's a buggy band-aid over the festering wound that Blizzard seems to not want to address and that is the need to merge the low-to-non-existent pop servers. It's smoke and mirrors giving the appearance of a high population server (without the benefits of such as thriving communities, big successful guids, an AH that isn't a barren wasteland). They don't want to actually merge the servers because of the headaches that would cause and, likely, because merging servers is what dying MMOs do and there's no way in hell they want to give off that vibe.

And completely off anything that's currently being discussed, my current WoW forum schadenfreude is reading the complaining about WoW Korean players getting better loot in their 25 man raids.
Dude... we cause riots over steak preparation. Sometimes the most innocuous looking disagreements can easily lead to thread locks. I'm glad to see that this one probably won't, however.

I'd be really happy with one big AH like D3 has. Paying 100g for 20 Bolts of Silk Cloth makes me cry.
Yeah, I play on a relatively dead server (only one or two guild actively doing 25's, most are scaled down to 10's) and sometimes the price on old world mats is insane, if they're even up for sale at all (BC mats are almost impossible to find on the AH). Crafted items (equipment, mounts, etc) are always overpriced, especially epic level stuff (14k+ on a good day).