Wii U Love Thread

Though, if you do scrape up a few extra bucks, there is this option.

http://www.amazon.com/Mayflash-Nintendo-GameCube-Controller-Adapter-Wii/dp/B00BS520SG

Thinking about getting one myself.
If I could hook more than one GC controller into that at a time, I'd probably go for it.

I'm really hoping that when Super Smash Bros 4 comes out, Nintendo will let us use 3DS's with the game as extra controllers the way Sony let people use PSPs/Vitas. That way no one gets saddled with a Wiimote.

If I could hook more than one GC controller into that at a time, I'd probably go for it.

I'm really hoping that when Super Smash Bros 4 comes out, Nintendo will let us use 3DS's with the game as extra controllers the way Sony let people use PSPs/Vitas. That way no one gets saddled with a Wiimote.
I wouldn't hold my breath. They haven't really said anything about DS integration and if they were going to do that, I'm sure they would have touted it as the second coming of christ by now.

I'll most likely never get the pro controller for the WiiU. it's basically made for the cross platform titles and I certainly won't be getting those for the Wii U.
Oh, I'm totally there with you. Until Nintendo builds a real powerhouse console (aka never) it's not going to be my go-to for general 3rd-party stuff. The gamepad feels nice, but I couldn't imagine playing a FPS with the right analog stick above the buttons. It's just not what I'm used to.[DOUBLEPOST=1382886874,1382886834][/DOUBLEPOST]
I wouldn't hold my breath. They haven't really said anything about DS integration and if they were going to do that, I'm sure they would have touted it as the second coming of christ by now.
There's still time. You're probably right, but there's still another 7-8 months before the rumored release date.

What I mean is, if there was interconnectivity between the 3DS and the Wii U, they would have showcased it by now.
Well, I don't know then. I'm definitely getting the 3DS version unless they kill the online multi-player, but now that we have a Wii U, I'm contemplating the Wii U version as well just for when my cousins or siblings visit.

I'm pretty much down to just Star Coin collection in SMBU, so I've taken a bit of a break. It's a much more entertaining game than the previous NSMB, that's for sure.

Ended up not getting the controller. My wife made a good point; getting the Wii U was spending gift money. Anything else is our money and we have other things we need to buy right now. I'll wait and see if I feel like using my personal spending money to play Super Mario RPG.

I didn't know there was such a thing as the Deluxe Digital Promotion. Purchases in the eshop equal points, 1 per 10 cents, and every 500 points nets you $5. I got $5 just because I bought the Wii U with Wind Waker on it, so that's pretty cool. Not sure it'll convince me to shift toward totally going digital, but for stuff that's just for download anyway, points will eventually stack up.

The only physical game I purchased was ZombiU, and I pretty much have every major release except for Monster Hunter 3 and Rayman Origins.

The gamepad is so nice. I don't have to haul my laptop over to the TV to get my download code; just bring the gamepad over here and type it in with the stylus. Hell, I don't even need to turn the TV on. This is so convenient.

The gamepad is now my defacto TV remote. It's nice to just be able to switch over to the WiiU HDMI input right from the controller. I wish I had cable so I could check out the live TV functionality.

Well, it's been a few days now, and I'll admit, I was wrong about the Wii U. I'm very happy with this console. I was not wrong about the shortage of solid games--that's still lacking--but I don't have the money to buy them, so personally it's not an issue right now and it should be amended by this time next year. But the console is good and its failure comes because people (myself included) haven't been willing to give it a chance. You can blame that on how Nintendo is marketing it, that's fine, but there's nothing wrong with the hardware or how it handles.

Well, it's been a few days now, and I'll admit, I was wrong about the Wii U. I'm very happy with this console. I was not wrong about the shortage of solid games--that's still lacking--but I don't have the money to buy them, so personally it's not an issue right now and it should be amended by this time next year. But the console is good and its failure comes because people (myself included) haven't been willing to give it a chance. You can blame that on how Nintendo is marketing it, that's fine, but there's nothing wrong with the hardware or how it handles.
Agreed. If there's one thing Nintendo still does right, it's make a console you'll have fun with. I also like that I can play Wii games, though I don't know if I can transfer saves from Wii to WiiU, which means I might have to start Xenoblade over. :(

Agreed. If there's one thing Nintendo still does right, it's make a console you'll have fun with. I also like that I can play Wii games, though I don't know if I can transfer saves from Wii to WiiU, which means I might have to start Xenoblade over. :(
Yes, you can. You just need an SD card.

Even though it will say it multiple times during the process, be aware that it's a one way trip. Once it's transferred to the Wii U, it's gone.

The Wii U is a good system. I think that given some time there will be enough exclusives available where it will be a popular choice. I'm curious to see how things go with the PS4 and the Xbone. So far I'm not seeing anything on either console that really stands out. It's like they don't have the exclusives yet to sell their systems either.

I will in all likelihood not be purchasing any consoles that aren't Nintendo for the foreseeable future. Nintendo is the only company that has the exclusives I really care about and anything cross platform is going to be bought for PC.

To be honest, we didn't get a PS3 until April 2010, and even then, about two and a half years after it came out, it still had slim pickings for solid games that I wanted to buy. Now we love our PS3 and use it all the time, with a sizable collection of winners.

To be honest, we didn't get a PS3 until April 2010, and even then, about two and a half years after it came out, it still had slim pickings for solid games that I wanted to buy. Now we love our PS3 and use it all the time, with a sizable collection of winners.
I would have agreed a few years ago, when simultaneous PC and console releases were rare if at all. Now that's usually not the case, so I feel like I'd be wasting my money buying one at this point. The only reason that I'll still be getting nintendo consoles are for those sweet sweet exclusives.

I would have agreed a few years ago, when simultaneous PC and console releases were rare if at all. Now that's usually not the case, so I feel like I'd be wasting my money buying one at this point. The only reason that I'll still be getting nintendo consoles are for those sweet sweet exclusives.
PC is kind of a solo thing and my wife likes to watch.

In any case, I was more bringing up the PS3 example because if that system could still be finding its footing two and a half years after release, it's understandable that the Wii U hasn't exactly made it there after only a year.

Well, I'm not loving the Wii-U here, but since this is essentially the Nintendo love thread, I'll post.

That new 3DS A Link Between Worlds, despite looking like hot garbage (it really, really does...the art is the worst), is apparently the best Zelda game since A Link to the Past. If anything can get me to buy a 3DS it will be this.

I'm in Nintendo, despite your best efforts to scare my eyes away.

They probably should've just gone with the Wind Waker/Phantom Hourglass/Spirit Tracks art style. If you're not going to put in 3D level detail, go for the cel shading. That said, 3DS graphics almost always look ratty when not on the 3DS screen.

So what's the Wii U going to do for 3rd party games next year? Right now it can run the same Assassin's Creeds, Call of Duty, etc. that the 360 and PS3 can, but is it powerful enough to run the same stuff that will be released on Xbone and PS4?

I am going to play the crap out of Link Between Worlds. Link to the Past was my favorite Zelda pre-Wind Waker.

I will too ... but I have to finish A Link to the Past first :(. Thanks Nintendo for giving that one away this month, now there's pressure.

I have the Pendant of Courage!

woo ... progress.