Wii U Love Thread

I think they're trying to tell me something.

I cranked up the old Wii last night, and saw that there is a WiiU conversion "channel" that you can use to port your Wii games to the Wii U.

Yes, but this was the first time I got a "message" from Nintendo telling me that there was a conversion utility.

That and one that said that internet connection capability for some Wii titles will no longer work.

I don't know if this is a Nintendo issue or a Netflix thing, but--why does the Wii U version of Netflix suck?

I'm specifically referring to the lack of remembering where you are at a point in something you're watching. Computer, PS3, even 3DS, they can all remember where I stopped. I can jump from system to system if need be. Wii U? Can't remember a damn thing. If I stop in the middle of something, it only offers to bring me to the beginning of it. At best, it knows which episode I'm on. It also doesn't offer to let me jump to the next episode.

The 3DS, the allegedly lower-functioning system of Nintendo's (haha), let's me do all the stuff that the PC version, PS3 version, etc. do, but not the Wii U version.

I don't know if this is a Nintendo issue or a Netflix thing, but--why does the Wii U version of Netflix suck?

I'm specifically referring to the lack of remembering where you are at a point in something you're watching. Computer, PS3, even 3DS, they can all remember where I stopped. I can jump from system to system if need be. Wii U? Can't remember a damn thing. If I stop in the middle of something, it only offers to bring me to the beginning of it. At best, it knows which episode I'm on. It also doesn't offer to let me jump to the next episode.

The 3DS, the allegedly lower-functioning system of Nintendo's (haha), let's me do all the stuff that the PC version, PS3 version, etc. do, but not the Wii U version.
Honestly the Netflix app on every system is pretty shitty. PS3's menu is 3/4 picture and description so it's missing a lot of the usual lists, on iOS it's slow and clunky, and the only reason I use it on WiiU is having the whole menu on the controller-screen instead of the tv.

Wife and I talked and decided we're just going to wait for the Wii U Super Smash Bros. We'll have Hyrule Warriors for multiplayer and she's not going to play enough Smash Bros to make it worth it; plus even if she's using the TV, I can still play on the gamepad.

Hell, might even get that Gamecube peripheral. On that, it would be great if we could play Gamecube games on the Wii U as well, or that they'd release them on the VC.

Just to dust off this thread.

The shop has added some Wii titles.

This wouldn't be all that exciting if they hadn't added METRIOD FREAKING PRIME TRILOGY!!!!

I have wanted this for a while now and last I checked, copies of it were going for minimum 80.00 and up. 19.00 through the WiiU shop.

Just to dust off this thread.

The shop has added some Wii titles.

This wouldn't be all that exciting if they hadn't added METRIOD FREAKING PRIME TRILOGY!!!!

I have wanted this for a while now and last I checked, copies of it were going for minimum 80.00 and up. 19.00 through the WiiU shop.
Oh wow, that's awesome. I don't get on the consoles as much as I used to but the MK8 DLC packs and this might pull me back in.

The Completionist put up a pretty solid review of the single-player and Amiibo features of Splatoon.

Game looks pretty fun, and apparently the Amiibos are more than worth snagging for bonus challenges/money/costumes.

I'm debating between Splatoon and the MK8 DLC. It's starting to get hot again here in SoCal, so I'll be spending less time up in my room on the computer and more on the consoles where the AC works when I've got time to play games.

e: Eww, Splatoon's starting at 60 bucks and so is the Amiibo 3-pack. Maybe I'll just wait to get a used copy.

Dataminers have also found a ton of new Mii costumes, including Megaman EXE, Zero, Isabelle, Heihachi, and more. Plus there's the sound files:

Here's a ton of stuff people have datamined.

And yeah the Ryu thing is kinda neat, but I wish they'd put FE to bed already when it comes to Smash. I'd love to see another Xenoblade character, or some other lesser-known Nintendo addition. Or maybe one of the non-sword users from the Tales games since those are from Bandai/Namco.

I used to main Roy on Melee and I just don't see a point unless they plan to change his moveset. Lucina is already the new Roy.

Ryu I have interest in, even though I'm not a Street Fighter fan.

As for all those costumes ... we'll see. I haven't even bought the Protoman one yet. What I'd rather see is costumes for characters besides Mii Fighters, like those swanky suits the Mario cast wore to promote the New 3DS, or Mr. L for Luigi, or hell, even Protoman for Mega Man, and so on. Feels like a missed opportunity.

Yoshi's Woolly World gets a 6/26 release date.

It also looks fucking adorable.

Nintendo, what the fuck? You keep a game on a string for so long, then announce the release date less than two weeks in advance. Fucking crazy.

On the other hand, that's part of why I look forward to the Nintendo Directs and their E3 digital event. It's not just stuff that'll be coming in some far off year, but varies between far future, near future, and sometimes right that minute.

They're still fucking crazy though. Lucky me I have no interest in that game because I don't have the spending money for it.

Nintendo, what the fuck? You keep a game on a string for so long, then announce the release date less than two weeks in advance. Fucking crazy.

On the other hand, that's part of why I look forward to the Nintendo Directs and their E3 digital event. It's not just stuff that'll be coming in some far off year, but varies between far future, near future, and sometimes right that minute.

They're still fucking crazy though. Lucky me I have no interest in that game because I don't have the spending money for it.
Yeah the release date took me by surprise, I was expecting the game in August at the earliest with how little info was released.

I used to main Roy on Melee and I just don't see a point unless they plan to change his moveset. Lucina is already the new Roy.

Ryu I have interest in, even though I'm not a Street Fighter fan.

As for all those costumes ... we'll see. I haven't even bought the Protoman one yet. What I'd rather see is costumes for characters besides Mii Fighters, like those swanky suits the Mario cast wore to promote the New 3DS, or Mr. L for Luigi, or hell, even Protoman for Mega Man, and so on. Feels like a missed opportunity.
Yeah, that brings us up to 4 characters from the Fire Emblem series. I mean... that series was popular, but honestly, the characters play so similar outside of Robin that they all feel redundant to each other.

Yeah, that brings us up to 4 characters from the Fire Emblem series. I mean... that series was popular, but honestly, the characters play so similar outside of Robin that they all feel redundant to each other.
Five, unfortunately. Marth, Ike, Lucina, Robin, and now Roy. But like you said, at least Robin plays very different from the others.

Fire Emblem Awakening was going to be the last in the series, but it sold so far beyond expectations that the series will get to keep going, and right now it's more popular in the west than it's ever been. Nintendo wants to capitalize on that, even if it's in kind of nonsensical ways like this.

The other reason is because it will be easy money from Melee fanboys. I love Melee, but Roy has no reason to exist in the new game.