Who is the worst president of all time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
As my dad is fond of saying: "Carter is one of the nicest guys on the planet, but he was a bad president." I don't necessarily agree with it, but I think it's how a lot of people feel.
It really does say a lot that Carter is probably going to be remembered better for what he did after he was president than what he did as one. That's not necessarily a bad thing though.[/QUOTE]

He's basically a Secular Saint.

GasBandit

Staff member
Carter, LBJ and FDR are all pretty close for worst, but Obama's catching up to them very quickly. He might pass them by 2012. If, by some freak disaster, he gets re-elected, he'll easily pass them by 2016 if the trend holds.

---------- Post added at 01:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:42 PM ----------

As my dad is fond of saying: "Carter is one of the nicest guys on the planet, but he was a bad president." I don't necessarily agree with it, but I think it's how a lot of people feel.
It really does say a lot that Carter is probably going to be remembered better for what he did after he was president than what he did as one. That's not necessarily a bad thing though.[/QUOTE]

He's basically a Secular Saint.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it was so praiseworthy how he's personally signed off on the authenticity of the "elections" of most of the horrific dictators of our current era.

C

Chazwozel

Carter, LBJ and FDR are all pretty close for worst, but Obama's catching up to them very quickly. He might pass them by 2012. If, by some freak disaster, he gets re-elected, he'll easily pass them by 2016 if the trend holds.

---------- Post added at 01:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:42 PM ----------

It really does say a lot that Carter is probably going to be remembered better for what he did after he was president than what he did as one. That's not necessarily a bad thing though.
He's basically a Secular Saint.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it was so praiseworthy how he's personally signed off on the authenticity of the "elections" of most of the horrific dictators of our current era.[/QUOTE]

Seriously, can I get whatever the fuck it is you smoke? You do realize that every scholarly poll since 1948 has ranked FDR as one of the top 3 presidents ever, right? LBJ is in the top 20.

C

Chazwozel

Seriously, can I get whatever the fuck it is you smoke? You do realize that every scholarly poll since 1948 has ranked FDR as one of the top 3 presidents ever, right?
It's really easy. Just turn on Fox News and assume they are telling the truth.[/QUOTE]

Even Fox News would say that FDR was one of the greatest presidents of the US

Seriously, can I get whatever the fuck it is you smoke? You do realize that every scholarly poll since 1948 has ranked FDR as one of the top 3 presidents ever, right?
It's really easy. Just turn on Fox News and assume they are telling the truth.[/QUOTE]

GB doesn't like Fox News. They're too liberal for him.

---------- Post added at 12:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:54 PM ----------

Even Fox News would say that FDR was one of the greatest presidents of the US
Sadly, no. They spout the same bullshit about how he's terrible because he increased government spending and size. Apparently winning WWII doesn't get you much credit these days.

GasBandit

Staff member
You guys are all just too stupid to be trusted with a permanent marker, much less anything of higher import. Go on, give me more negative feeback! I enjoy the smell! Neg feedback me! I'm a fiddler crab!

You're all just frickin' morons, still drinkin' the kool-aid.

You guys are all just too stupid to be trusted with a permanent marker, much less anything of higher import. Go on, give me more negative feeback! I enjoy the smell! Neg feedback me! I'm a fiddler crab!

Everybody who posted between this post and my previous post is too stupid to be trusted with a permanent marker, much less anything of higher import. Go on, give me more negative feeback! I enjoy the smell! Neg feedback me! I'm a fiddler crab!

Oh fuck off you chittering moron. Take it somewhere else or shut up for once.

W

Wasabi Poptart

Reagan gets a lot of credit because of how poorly the country was handled under Carter. He escalated the Cold War (Star Wars) during the first half of his presidency and had it practically completely dissolved due to talks with Gorbachev by the end. He was the textbook definition of a popular figurehead, and he did as much with it as could be expected, using his popularity and affable personality to defuse tense situations with the USSR and Eastern Europe. Inflation and unemployment dropped considerably during his term, which he tends to get a lot of credit for with his Reaganomics (a big Republican economics push), and despite being likely overrated for it by many Republicans, it still attributed somewhat to the economy's growth during that period.

People who think that Reagan was a bad president need to take a closer look at the black hole that was the Presidency between, say, Andrew Jackson and Theodore Roosevelt, with the exception of Lincoln in the middle there (and probably Polk too). Reagan was amazing compared to those nitwits.
I don't think Reagan was a bad president. I just don't believe he was a particularly good one. Certainly not as stellar as some people make him out to be.

I used to watch Fox News to see what the enemies of America were talking about. But I just stayed so angry at the stream of lies, I could not watch anymore.

GasBandit

Staff member
Everybody who posted between this post and my previous post is too stupid to be trusted with a permanent marker, much less anything of higher import. Go on, give me more negative feeback! I enjoy the smell! Neg feedback me! I'm a fiddler crab!

Oh fuck off you chittering moron. Take it somewhere else or shut up for once.[/QUOTE]

No, you fuck off, once you're done picking the pubic hair out of your teeth. I answered the question and I got is a bunch of liberal smarm all chortling to each other about fox news. Did I lay into the Reaganophobes and Obamapologists about their choices of worst presidents? No, I just said my own choices. You mental defectives couldn't perceive your way out of a wet paper bag, and you can dish it out but you turn into squalling babies the moment anybody comes along who hasn't been sucking Marx's rotted-off cock and demanding the government needs to mow their lawn for them.

In summary, eat shit and die, you coathangered gestational mistake.

C

Chazwozel

Wait, you forgot to talk about how the great libertarian folk-hero Herbert Hoover saved the U.S. from diving into...the...Great Depression...based on his volenteerism and small government...values..

Talk about history repeating itself. Actually it looks like this was the start of the routine of a republican halfwit fucking up the country and having the next democrat president bail it out.

---------- Post added at 04:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:18 PM ----------

Oh fuck off you chittering moron. Take it somewhere else or shut up for once.[/QUOTE]

No, you fuck off, once you're done picking the pubic hair out of your teeth. I answered the question and I got is a bunch of liberal smarm all chortling to each other about fox news. Did I lay into the Reaganophobes and Obamapologists about their choices of worst presidents? No, I just said my own choices. You mental defectives couldn't perceive your way out of a wet paper bag, and you can dish it out but you turn into squalling babies the moment anybody comes along who hasn't been sucking Marx's rotted-off cock and demanding the government needs to mow their lawn for them.

In summary, eat shit and die, you coathangered gestational mistake.[/QUOTE]

You realize when you talk about 95% of the population being stupid, you're in the top tier of stupid within that 95% majority.

---------- Post added at 04:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:20 PM ----------

Fox News HATES FDR. He dared to help out poor people.

Oh, see, I don't watch Fox News much so I wouldn't catch anti-FDR talk.[/QUOTE]

Social Security, unions, and welfare aid. FDR single-handedly moved the country into a land of entitlement.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, damn the man for giving me something to back off of when I retire, a union to give me fair job rights, and aid in case I lose my home. If a government can't protect its people, what's the point of a government in the first place? In that case, shouldn't we all be living Gasbandit's wet dream of a country where it's every man for himself, living in a bomb shelter with a row of machine guns on the wall?

GasBandit

Staff member
Wake me when you got something better to say than "Nuh uh, YOU!" Chaz. For such a supposedly well-educated fella, you're probably the guy on this board with the least sense of anyone.

---------- Post added at 03:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:23 PM ----------

In summary, eat shit and die, you coathangered gestational mistake.
WHOA who tried to blow up your forest moon this morning?[/QUOTE]
See, now THAT's a comeback.

:facepalm:

Seems like a lot of people got their cheerios pissed in today. If you want to try this again keep it civil and lay off the internettoughguybullshit.

Status
Not open for further replies.