Whine like a baby, now with 500% more drama!

Due to my poor candy budgeting practices, I find myself running a candy deficit which will result in candy bankruptcy if I don't get my wife to pass a new resolution that will provide a new source of candy for the household soon. Such a resolution will result in greater dependance on foreign candy, but screw the future - I want candy now!
Have you considered passing a candy levy on your populace? Your household is large enough that the amount need not be very large to generate sufficient candy to carry you through to your next prosperous period. Otherwise I don't see anything else that doesn't increase the candy deficit unless you can start eating candy you don't technically have yet.

--Patrick

I was peeling a mango for dessert tonight. My hand slipped and the peeler blade went right under my fingernail. I just wanted a mango...

My temperature is 39.6 celsius, my bones hurt, my joints hurt, my heart rate is way up, the antibiotics are making me nauseous as well as giving me diarrhea, I can barely concentrate enough to type this, I have the rigors and chills like you wouldn't believe and my appetite is gone.

Oh and this is the third day of work I've missed because of this. Fuckity fuck fuck.

I was about to offer icy driving advice, but even though you are half my age, you have most likely driven in icy conditions twice as often as I have.
Belay that possibly helpful advice. Last night I was told the damn snow-storm was going to go on until today with after-effects of icy roads. The roads...were spotless. I feel a weird combination of annoyance and relief.

Sigh,just come back from a date with a girl i am seriously crushing on and she confessed she does feel the same,
but she is moving back to her hometown,on the other side of Germany,at the end of the month,so there wont be a chance for a relationship.

Okay yeah, that is an expensive reason. One of the reasons I'm glad I live in Jersey, over here its like 3.40 a gallon! And people pump our gas for us! New Jersey's slogan should be" Lots of construction, no self gas-pumping."

My company is starting to circle the drain on their nigh-inevitable course toward the bowels of hell - a.k.a. bankruptcy. This is something that I am completely and utterly un-surprised about, following the introduction a couple months back of the "Mandatory Bi-Weekly Happy Employee Best Company Fun Time" meetings... in which they attempt to build within the ranks of the various contractors a real sense of community and team-ness; by making us attend hour long lectures about how awesome the company is (5min), how much fun other people have outside of work (2 speeches of 3min each), how to do some basic component of someone's job (2 speeches of 10min each), and what one specific person does in their job (15min). Doesn't that sound like an awesome team building exercise? Oh, and they provide snacks of some sort.

Turns out that the reason they're doing this is because they want to completely change the course of the company from a consulting/contracting company that focuses on placing high quality contractors in a multitude of roles within a multitude of companies (Microsoft, T-Mobile, Expedia, a lot of others) into a company that provides products and services to those companies, but not employees. They've already started the work on that goal by "merging" with a Business Intelligence company (which existed for all of one month before the merger, and suddenly the head of that company is our company's president and CEO, the name's been changed, the company leadership has changed, etc. - but we weren't bought out, no sirree Bob) and starting to deliver Business Intelligence/Data Analysis support to various companies. That part's going well, so far. But now they want to start writing their own CRM software package and provide it to other companies, and they think they have the experience to pull it off because "some of them have contracted at Microsoft." I've already been down this road once. It didn't end well. The company went bankrupt. Two of the co-founders of this company have already been down that road. It didn't go well for them the first time, so when they found out what the other three co-founders wanted to do with this company, they sold their stakes in the company and got the hell out. Now I find out last weekend that the 5, who were best friends before, during, and after college, who founded the company out of a shared desire to provide the best services to the tech community possible, are no longer on speaking terms. And that every time one of the new company leaders brings up an idea, if the rest of them think that the two who left had anything to do with that idea, or even if it was an idea that one of the two might have shared independently of this member bringing it up, it's immediately shot down as those two attempting to retake control of the company.

This does not bode well for my division of the company, but there's nothing I can do about it aside from look for work elsewhere, and I'm already doing that. Hell, maybe I'll get lucky and whomever buys the Water Technologies branch from Siemens will be a decent company to work for, and I can go work for them. My wife's boss is already trying to recruit me.

I need a new chair to support my back, and I hate getting rid of the old one. I've had it for forever and I just feel bad that I have to throw it away. It'll be resting people's asses in heaven I suppose.

My hair is getting much too long, but I hate getting it cut. I'll probably put it off for another month until I'm about to go crazy. I kind of want to just shave it all off.

Okay yeah, that is an expensive reason. One of the reasons I'm glad I live in Jersey, over here its like 3.40 a gallon! And people pump our gas for us! New Jersey's slogan should be" Lots of construction, no self gas-pumping."
I'd rather pump my own gas. It's not that hard. Plus the guys working at the gas stations are usually pretty creepy.

Yeah, I generally hate not being able to pump my own gas (like when I travel to or through Oregon). Instead of just being able to pull up to a pump, swipe my card, and pump gas, I get to pull up to a pump, wait for an attendant, give them my card, wait while they pump my gas, get my card back from them, and the whole process usually takes 3 or 4 times longer than it needs to; but Oregon state has classified gasoline as a hazardous material that requires special training to handle - except if you get a gas can filled at the gas station and then use that can to fill something else... or unless there are no attendants on duty.

fade

Staff member
I let my son fill up my car for the first time ever.

I always wanted to know what it looks like when you spray the gas into open air.