Whine like a baby, now with 500% more drama!

I hate being the only one who remembers to feed the rabbit at my house. Its not just my responsibility dammit, its the FAMILY pet. I mean what if I'm not here! The poor little thing could starve!

Cajungal

Staff member
I hate being the only one who remembers to feed the rabbit at my house. Its not just my responsibility dammit, its the FAMILY pet. I mean what if I'm not here! The poor little thing could starve!
Yeah, but he/she probably loves you the most. ;) My baby brother fed our cat Yogurt the most, and she only wanted to cuddle with him. She was a good cat... I miss her.

Damn straight. Also gotta clean the rabbit hutch tomorrow, which is basically three chores. ONE: Cleaning said rabbit hutch. TWO: Making sure Rabbit is safe in temporary cage/box(make sure said cage is stable, rabbits are nimble and can squeeze through numerous openings). THREE: Moving the rabbit leavings to a specific place so they will decompose properly. Also best to do it when its light out so the hutch will dry quicker. Its a bit of a hassle but I'll manage.

So,the girl im seeing right now,who I was quite serious about around 2 years ago.We almost got together,but due to problems with her ex-boyfriend we said we would take it slow,but she suddenly dissapeared on me only to return around last month to really shake up my life.

She dropped a bomb on me and im still reeling like a complete beginner inside a MMA cage getting pummeld by 2 burly dudes.The reason was,she got pregnant.When we were together 2 years ago,she always took the pill but for some reason it seemed that that night it didnt work. Yeah,she got pregnant,didn`t tell me,due to pressure from her exboyfriend (dafuq!?)
and some family member she aborted the child.Without telling me....

I would have been a father....but im not...

Im sorry if I am rambling,but I really cant think right now...I just need to type words...

Thanks guys.It is weird,I used to joke that I never wanted to have children but faced with the option that I might have had one I am not so sure I would have given it up.But we were so young,She 22,me 25. And now there is this hole in my heart and I dont know why.

Few more grisly details,
Apparently they messed up during the abortion,and only suctioned off a part of the fetus (which they didnt notice). The girl, had to take antibiotica and while she was on the toilet...yeah,she had to take the remains to the doc inside a box.

North_Ranger

Staff member
LordRendar ... I'm speechless. I'm sorry you had to go through an ordeal like that, not to mention knowing about it after the fact. I wish I could offer you some better words of counsel and comfort, but here's me trying anyway...

Yet again I must say I fucking hate not having a car. I just want to DRIVE without having to alternate vehicles with my parents. They say when I get a job they'll get me a car but...yeah I doubt that happening soon with my blank sheet of a resume.

Yet again I must say I fucking hate not having a car. I just want to DRIVE without having to alternate vehicles with my parents. They say when I get a job they'll get me a car but...yeah I doubt that happening soon with my blank sheet of a resume.
You can get a job without a resume. It just means you have to search a little harder. Hell, apply to Wal-Mart, any job is better than no job, and stores like that are always looking for help, and are able to schedule around school schedules.

My first car was a used Camry I bought working part time at a Dollar General. It cost me five grand, and I drove that thing for fucking ever.

I worked on a blueberry farm for 2 summers when I was in high school to get money for my first car. Then I worked a job at Sam Goody/Musicland for insurance and registration money from my senior year until about 2 years after graduation. You don't need a resume, but you have to be willing to work a crap job or two just to get cash in your pocket.

Now my dad tells me the restaurants are hiring but I've applied to a bunch of places fast food included and no-one's called me back. I thought I had a job at this one restaurant since the guy who owns it is my brother's former room mate but here I am still unemployed. Gotta keep looking I guess.

And I will try the blueberry fields WasabiPoptart , good tip.

Now my dad tells me the restaurants are hiring but I've applied to a bunch of places fast food included and no-one's called me back. I thought I had a job at this one restaurant since the guy who owns it is my brother's former room mate but here I am still unemployed. Gotta keep looking I guess.

I will warn you that quite a few of the farms don't hire packers anymore because they are automated. You might get stuck out in the fields which is hard, and sometimes nasty, work.

Don't wait for a call back, call them to check up on your application.

I was a cashier at Walmart and it was a good job and paid surprisingly well.
I worked in the dairy cooler at Walmart, stocking milk all day. I'd never run a cash register until they put me on one to fill in... On black friday. No training what so ever.

Wow those people hated me.

That sounds like hell. My first real shift was the day before memorial day and I was a wreck, even with a week of training. I don't know how you could've done that.

North_Ranger

Staff member
I worked summers as a telemarketer. Made some pretty decent pay, too, back when the company actually gave a crap for its employees. I stopped after they tightened result demands and made bonuses daily instead of weekly - meaning that for the same amount of work, you would get less money.

My first job was delivering auto parts, and the only vehicle available to me was a pickup truck with a manual transmission. I had never driven a stick-shift before. My boss' response? "Well, you're gonna learn real quick today." Then he sent me out to deliver some parts.

I made a lot of friends on the road that day.

GasBandit

Staff member
My first real job (meaning I had to fill out a W-2 for it, as opposed to just taking cash off the books) was dish washer at olive garden. Came home every day reeking of sweat and whatever that powdery cheese they use on everything is. Feta?

Still can't eat there, to this day.

And I only worked there a month before I got a better job, slingin' computers at Best Buy.

The point of these stories is simple. Take whatever shit job you can find, because it's much easier to find a better job when you have one already.

fade

Staff member
My first job was painting a black chainlink fence with black oil-based enamel and a brush around one of AT&T's recycling plants in the dead of SC summer. They hired some teenage boys from our rural neighborhood. We had to wear those plastic coveralls in the heat and slog through high grass and who knows what chemicals in oddly colored pools on the ground. It was miles of fence. Sometimes, they made us do other odd jobs at this really dangerous plant, which had such delightful features as electrically charged open-topped vats of sulfuric acid and giant furnaces for the initial meltdown, overhead cranes, and forklifts zipping around at high speed. Once, I saw the furnace workers throw a stray cat into the furnace for fun. It was terrible, but probably over very quickly. It basically disappeared in an instant.

Oh man the list of shit jobs I did when I was young:

- Telemarketing for cellphones. All hours calls, so you can imagine the reactions.
- Burger flipper at McDonalds
- Shelf Re-Stocker at Target over-night.
- Waiter at Olive Garden

I'm sure there's a few more, need to wrack my brain for those shitty repressed memories. Give me a few....

I've empirically determined that I dislike replacing hot water heaters. But it appears that we have hot water, and it doesn't appear that it's leaking water or natural gas, so I guess I did an ok job of it.
I recently learned that you can seriously extend the life of a water heater by replacing the sacrificial anode every so often. Too late for you, but a heads up for the future, should you be so inclined.

My parents had a hot water heater that worked flawlessly for the first 30 years that they have owned their house. Since then they had to replace them every two years. One only lasted six months.