Whine like a baby, now with 500% more drama!

At my favorite restaurant there is a new, old woman that runs the till. I think she is trying to be all homey and sweet. When I come up to the register to pay she always asks me, "Did you get enough to eat?"

Next time I'm going to answer in my "VOICE OF GOD," "What the hell am I? Too fat to ever be satisfied by your meager portions?"

In customer service she should be asking if I enjoyed the meal or if the food was tasty. Even say that she is pleased to see me. But this back handed insult is about to drive me away.
And if you were rail-thin, it could be taken the other way in that they could be wondering if you've gotten enough. Before your final line, that's what I thought she was saying to you.

Dude, don't blame her for your projecting.

Blehhhhhhh, I hate saying no to people but sometimes I have to but it still sucks because of my innate desire to please everyone blaaaaaah

Or is it my innate desire to please everyone that sucks?

And if you were rail-thin, it could be taken the other way in that they could be wondering if you've gotten enough. Before your final line, that's what I thought she was saying to you.

Dude, don't blame her for your projecting.
You also need to remember that this is the part of the world where people insult you in this way. "Why bless your heart." Means "You poor dumb mother fucker."

And now I have to wait for a tow from AAA because my car decided to stall out near my work in the middle of buttfuck nowhere.

Got cut out of work 2 hours early since it was so slow in the restaurant. I didn't want to work late anyway, but still was annoyed to go in at all for only a few hours work. I don't know what I want, basically.

I had my own airline issue today. I’m always a hot mess packing for work, but I got it done. I was dressed, packed and as ready as I was going to be for what’s going to be one hell of a week. (Too much to do, not enough time, not enough of us on the trip and all in another language)

So to make things more exciting, my tire blew on the highway and I had to pull over and wait for a hobo rescue.

I just barely made my flight.

GasBandit

Staff member
I had a 5 hour layover in Minneapolis. Only sleep I got was about an hour on the flight to MSP from Saskatoon.

Hour 4 or so of the layover, I fell asleep in my chair at the gate, and jolted awake to see the plane to Houston pushing away.

I'm a bit miffed that the gate agent, who I had spoken to in person earlier about the flight, didn't wake me. She knew I was on the flight. And now the best they can do is standby for me, so I might not even get home today. And my clothes are all in my checked bag, which is in the air on the way to Houston already.

Welllll fuck. Thanks for going the extra mile, Delta. I was literally in the chair closest to the gate desk. How did I not wake up? How did the agent not notice me?

GasBandit

Staff member
I'm also kicking myself because I had the opportunity to get moved to an earlier flight when I first got here but I didn't want to pay the extra 75 bucks they charged to do so.

If I had, I'd likely be home now, instead of contemplating being stranded here overnight. Welp. Lesson learned.

And the fun keeps coming!

I pre-pay for certain seats on the plane to accommodate my arm injury. I get on the second flight today and a rude family has taken my seat. I point this out to them and they laugh « oh! Haha it wasn’t yours!? »

I explain to the flight attendant who comes to see why loading the plane has stopped. I explain they’re in my seat and they MOVE ME!! I said that I paid for it. Nope, family gets to stay together.

I am furious. So halfway through the flight I get up to speak to the attendant about it and she motions for me to sit and not come see her. I give her the dirtiest stink eye I am capable of and she comes over and asks what’s up. I ask how my refund will be processed? She’s all confused. So again, I explain that I pre-paid for the seat. I didn’t pick it at check in, but I paid extra to choose it. I then get into the specifics of why I need it and how many surgeries I’ve had and how the seat they’ve placed me in risks re-injury. She’s all shocked and said that if I’d just explained all that she’d have moved them. I pointed out that I said I had bought the seat and with the whole family around me, what more could I do without her support? I explained that my personal medical details aren’t relevant. The fact I bought the seat is. I was moved to a better seat for the rest of the flight.

We get in the can here and I left my $&@?! Cell phone in the can and have to explain in French what happened to dispatch and a second person. My phone is safely with me again. Buddy came back within 5 minutes and was super nice. I tipped him very generously for coming back.

What a $&:)!? Day.

And the fun keeps coming!

I pre-pay for certain seats on the plane to accommodate my arm injury. I get on the second flight today and a rude family has taken my seat. I point this out to them and they laugh « oh! Haha it wasn’t yours!? »

I explain to the flight attendant who comes to see why loading the plane has stopped. I explain they’re in my seat and they MOVE ME!! I said that I paid for it. Nope, family gets to stay together.

I am furious. So halfway through the flight I get up to speak to the attendant about it and she motions for me to sit and not come see her. I give her the dirtiest stink eye I am capable of and she comes over and asks what’s up. I ask how my refund will be processed? She’s all confused. So again, I explain that I pre-paid for the seat. I didn’t pick it at check in, but I paid extra to choose it. I then get into the specifics of why I need it and how many surgeries I’ve had and how the seat they’ve placed me in right is re-injury. She’s all shocked and said that if I’d just explained all that she’d have moved them. I pointed out that I said I had bought the seat and with the whole family around me, what more could I do without her support? I explained that my personal medical details aren’t relevant. The fact I bought the seat is. I was moved to a better seat for the rest of the flight.

We get in the can here and I left my $&@?! Cell phone in the can and have to explain in French what happened to dispatch and a second person. My phone is safely with me again. Buddy came back within 5 minutes and was super nice. I tipped him very generously for coming back.

What a $&:)!? Day.
The kids are safe, the house is being cleaned and the car will get fixed. Get some rest and take care of yourself.