Whine like a baby, now with 500% more drama!

GasBandit

Staff member
Either that, or ageism. May want to experiment with dropping older jobs if you haven't already, or looking up guides for older applicants. I know you're not Dave, but you might be getting accidentally pigeonholed.
I think the problem is my most recent position, not the earlier ones. I mean, I've worked at the same place for 15 years, and my title for the last 4 has been Operations Director.

I think that makes IT managers think "oh shit he'll be coming for my job!"

Well, that and the market wants 22 year olds fresh out of college yet with 10 years experience willing to do three jobs for $22k/year as an 11 1/2 month temp so they aren't owed benefits.

My old roommate introduced me to one of his female friends. She's nice, funny, and I find her physically attractive. We're both baseball fans and have spent our lives rooting for historically hard-luck teams (Padres for me, Astros for her). She's also into a lot of nerdy pursuits like Harry Potter, Doctor Who, and the MCU. She LOVES Guardians of the Galaxy and we can spend a lot of time talking.

But... she don't like Firefly. I don't mean it like she just hasn't seen it yet. I mean she's seen it and she doesn't like it. She finds it to be undesirable.

It was a reference to this video. In all seriousness though, she and I are friends on Facebook and her posts clearly indicate she is still getting over a breakup. Like "so this is what it's like to waste years on someone who never grew up!" That sort of thing. I should probably just give her time to work it out.

Dave

Staff member
That's very mature of you. You taking her feelings into account is very cool to see. You could totally swoop in and be a rebound. Good man for being emotionally aware.

"That Marijuana will ruin your life, you know," said Bob as he again raised his beer glass to his lips.

See also:

You wouldn’t believe how many people have made rude comments about Diet Coke while guzzling alcohol.

I’m pro-alcohol, but unable to enjoy for medical reasons. Diet Coke is the one thing I have left and trust me, with all the treatments I’m on, it’s not going to be a big deal at the end of the day. I’m not going to get into that with a stranger on a plane though. Omg.

Lol, this turned into a rant didn’t it lol? Part 2 - why do random talk to me all the time? Like little old ladies stop to chat in the grocery store, strangers on planes feel the need to discuss my drink choice, random people everywhere talk to me!!

This was my morning:
[me] I knew I should have fixed the knob on the bathroom door. Now I'm stuck. Doomweasels! Wake your furry butts up and come help me!
[them] <snore>
[me] McGillicuddy! Zechariah! Titania! Wake up or so help me, I'll... I mean, help me and I'll give you tasty chicken snacks.
[them] We're getting snacks? Where are they?
[me] They're on the kitchen counter. You'll get them once you get me out of the bathroom.
[them] You won't let us tunnel in the house. How are we supposed to get you out?
[me] Make a weasel pyramid and you'll be able to reach the knob.
[them] Hey, we can use that to reach the counter! Great idea! Thanks, mom! <scamper> <munch munch munch>

Send help!

Lol, this turned into a rant didn’t it lol? Part 2 - why do random talk to me all the time? Like little old ladies stop to chat in the grocery store, strangers on planes feel the need to discuss my drink choice, random people everywhere talk to me!!
You're attractive and have a pleasant disposition. You're also small and not threatening. Ever notice how no one ever treats me that way?

GasBandit

Staff member
I gotta admit, when I go to the grocery store, I try to come off as the most unapproachable guy you ever saw, albeit in a hawaiian shirt.

Dave

Staff member
I talk to EVERYONE and everyone talks to me. It drives my wife insane. And it's very seldom a person working retail doesn't genuinely smile at me before I leave. I love to joke with them.

GasBandit

Staff member
An ewok with a severed human head is still a cute and cuddly ewok.
You might have a point. Often it seems like everywhere I go, I end up being approached by some random person and have them initiate conversation with me. Hell, one year not too long ago, I went to the Texas Renaissance Festival and some dude walked up and bear hugged me and talked me like I was a long lost friend. I swear I had no memory of ever meeting him before. :confused:

I often have people ask me questions about stuff at the grocery store or to help them read labels. Mostly older ladies on that last one.

I’m referring to the conversations that happen without my cane. When I go out with my cane...omfg...it’s even worse. I had a lady follow me into Walmart wanting to know my medical history.

This was my morning:
[me] I knew I should have fixed the knob on the bathroom door. Now I'm stuck. Doomweasels! Wake your furry butts up and come help me!
[them] <snore>
[me] McGillicuddy! Zechariah! Titania! Wake up or so help me, I'll... I mean, help me and I'll give you tasty chicken snacks.
[me] They're on the kitchen counter. You'll get them once you get me out of the bathroom.
[them] You won't let us tunnel in the house. How are we supposed to get you out?
[them] Hey, we can use that to reach the counter! Great idea! Thanks, mom! <scamper> <munch munch munch>

Send help!
Why has no one yet sent help?!

This was my morning:
[them] <snore>

Send help!
Hey McGillicuddy! Zechariah! Titanic! This is about how to make a human pyramid but I'm sure you can adjust it to help make a weasel pyramid.

You might have a point. Often it seems like everywhere I go, I end up being approached by some random person and have them initiate conversation with me. Hell, one year not too long ago, I went to the Texas Renaissance Festival and some dude walked up and bear hugged me and talked me like I was a long lost friend. I swear I had no memory of ever meeting him before. :confused:
Yeah, very polite of you. Sheesh.