Whine like a baby, now with 500% more drama!

Ok French teacher. Our marks were promised within days of the exam.

I wrote the reading comprehension. I wrote the written expression and god damn it!!!!! I spoke in front of the class and my question period was way longer than it should have been and I had two people ask me questions after class.

Where are my marks. I’m no longer patient.

I needs my grade.

The final class is tonight. I guess he’s just going to be cute and make us suffer and see if he hands us one diploma (for attendance/completion) or two (passing grade and can advance to the next level).

Dear people of the world: "I'm not good with computers" isn't acceptable. They've been in the mainstream for at least 20 years. If your job requires you to use one, either figure it out, or find a new job.

The one I hate is “I’m a complete computer illiterate.”
No, with a sentence like that you are just a regular illiterate.

—Patrick

It's the day before thanksgiving and I get the full weekend but I just feel shitty. It's not even the usual "I want the long weekend so I don't care about work" feeling, it's just an overwhelming feeling of dread about the weekend. I don't even know why, I don't actually have anything Im not looking forward to. I've just felt terrible all day and I don't even have an explanation for it.

Oh god, so my daughter and I are painting her bedroom, and she has never done this kind of thing before, and while it's not hard, she doesn't really understand the right way to do things and it's slowly becoming a disaster. But better to learn now than be a non-functional adult.

At least, that's what I say to comfort myself.

I know you say the current computer doesn't meet your needs, but I still hope you manage to save everything from it before it goes.
Better yet, I hope it just needs a cleaning or something else simple that'll slow its demise.

--Patrick

Oh god, so my daughter and I are painting her bedroom, and she has never done this kind of thing before, and while it's not hard, she doesn't really understand the right way to do things and it's slowly becoming a disaster. But better to learn now than be a non-functional adult.

At least, that's what I say to comfort myself.
I... I've never painted a bedroom before and I don't know how to do it. I may be a non-functional adult, as I suspected. :(

Dammit, Julieeeeee!

I try to get her a couple items that aren't on her Amazon wish list. I thought I did a good job this year, but as happened last year, she later added those things to her wish list after I told her I was done with shopping. So now I feel like I need to find something else, but I shouldn't have to. Those were already my good ideas! It's not my fault they were so good she then saw them online and decided she wanted them.

Meanwhile, miss subtle is over in her chair asking "So what are some franchises you like?" so she can comb Etsy for knickknacks. I had genuinely good ideas that came to my brain that she stole, but she's just going to type in Dark Souls and get me something I'll probably like, but it wasn't inspired and that's not the same! :aaah:

Last edited:
I'll give that a try. But it's definitely in decline.
Without an in-person inspection, it's hard to tell if that's the actual cause of your crashes, but overheating and crashing due to dust buildup is one of the easiest things to fix about computers (usually just takes eyeballs and a can of compressed air) and you're always supposed to try the easiest stuff first*.

--Patrick
*Can confirm. Have disassembled an appliance or two just to find either the breaker had tripped or a clip came off the back of the "ON" switch or some other facepalmery.

So I mentioned a while ago that my aunt died. That's obviously a big booh.
But before she died she promised us her bedroom closets, so we get a new bedroom! Our previous bedroom closet got moist and damp and is now half-eaten by fungus, sooo..... Hurray!
But we have to go and get it. Booh.
We can also have the bed, which is 40cm (16-ish inches?) wider than our current one. Hurray!
We also have to go and get that. Booh.
We can also take the living room table and chairs, and tv wardrobe! Which are definitely better than our current 10-year-old Ikea stuff. Yay!
We also have to go and get those. Booh.
OK, so it sounds like I'm complaining about having to go and fetch half a house of free (and pretty good and not-exactly-but-close my style) stuff, which is kinda sucky of me.
But...I have to go measure everything next week, and haul everything around here the week after. During the work week, while I don't have vacation. And it's about a 4 hour round trip each time. Oh, and I'll have to rent a truck or something, because most of this stuff won't fit in a car - let alone all of it in one or two gos. We'll have to rent a ladder lift to get it all out of her apartment, too. And there's no way in hell that I'll be ableto clear out our old furniture and break that all down before that time, so my house is going to be overflowing with 2x all the furniture I need. Also, it'll be just me, my girlfriend and my aunt (widow of the one who died, 60+ years old) to take everything apart, move it, and get it out and set up somewhere.

PRO: lots of good quality second hand stuff
CON: there's a pretty strict time limit, and rental and driving to and fro will easily cost us a few hundred dollars - which is cheap for what we're getting, but not a short-term expense I had planned for, and I'm going to be stressed out as all hell for a while as my house is all upside down and too busy. And I'll be sore from all the lifting and stuff.

So, you know, it's not terrible, but I still think I'm entitled to a bit of a whine.

So I mentioned a while ago that my aunt died. That's obviously a big booh.
But before she died she promised us her bedroom closets, so we get a new bedroom! Our previous bedroom closet got moist and damp and is now half-eaten by fungus, sooo..... Hurray!
But we have to go and get it. Booh.
We can also have the bed, which is 40cm (16-ish inches?) wider than our current one. Hurray!
We also have to go and get that. Booh.
We can also take the living room table and chairs, and tv wardrobe! Which are definitely better than our current 10-year-old Ikea stuff. Yay!
We also have to go and get those. Booh.
OK, so it sounds like I'm complaining about having to go and fetch half a house of free (and pretty good and not-exactly-but-close my style) stuff, which is kinda sucky of me.
But...I have to go measure everything next week, and haul everything around here the week after. During the work week, while I don't have vacation. And it's about a 4 hour round trip each time. Oh, and I'll have to rent a truck or something, because most of this stuff won't fit in a car - let alone all of it in one or two gos. We'll have to rent a ladder lift to get it all out of her apartment, too. And there's no way in hell that I'll be ableto clear out our old furniture and break that all down before that time, so my house is going to be overflowing with 2x all the furniture I need. Also, it'll be just me, my girlfriend and my aunt (widow of the one who died, 60+ years old) to take everything apart, move it, and get it out and set up somewhere.

PRO: lots of good quality second hand stuff
CON: there's a pretty strict time limit, and rental and driving to and fro will easily cost us a few hundred dollars - which is cheap for what we're getting, but not a short-term expense I had planned for, and I'm going to be stressed out as all hell for a while as my house is all upside down and too busy. And I'll be sore from all the lifting and stuff.

So, you know, it's not terrible, but I still think I'm entitled to a bit of a whine.
But the furniture comes with a free frogurt!

Closets are something you open a door and walk into, and are mostly used to put clothes in.

Wardrobes are pieces of furniture that can be moved that you put clothes in.

GasBandit

Staff member
It's been my experience even small closets have at least been large enough to stand in, whereas that isn't always the case in cupboards. Wardrobes serve similar purposes to closets but are free-standing furniture, and dressers have drawers instead of doors.