Whine like a baby, now with 500% more drama!

Man, I'm not feeling it today.
As I said earlier, I'm doing a bunch of testing and workshops to help figure out my career goals. Except, all the things that might somehow combine a bunch of things I'm good at and might hold my interest are things that are either completely not an option in my area (as in, the nearest job opening for it is over 50km away - and remember that Belgium has the worst traffic congestion in the world, so that's easily 2h+ one-way commute every day), or they're things I don't qualify for with my degrees...And since I have those degrees, i'm not eligible to follow conversion training to other stuff in most cases.
I'm tired, cranky, down, and generally just unmotivated. I don't want to game, don't want to go out, don't want to move, don't want to do anything or nothing.
Oh, and I'm also scared as shit for any changes.
Oh, and I got a rejection on my latest job application, for which I thought I'd probably make it through to the next round.

Blegh. On one hand, I just want to day to be over.
On the other hand, time is already going way too fast - I feel like I've been unemployed for a short while, but it's been over 6 months, which isn't good any way you look at it.

Women’s clothing is horrendous. Especially if you have boobs. Every shirt is cut either like a box or a skin tight second skin.
As someone who has no boobs, I understand your plight, and I would like to pledge my support. Down with women's clothing! Destroy them all! Freedom for all!

:whistling:

I mean, I get why women's clothing is a pain in the ass. Women tend to have a bigger variety in body shape than men do. We're still allowed to bitch though. :D I wish they would just standardize sizing instead of changing them to make women "feel better" or some such nonsense.

I mean, I get why women's clothing is a pain in the ass. Women tend to have a bigger variety in body shape than men do. We're still allowed to bitch though. :D I wish they would just standardize sizing instead of changing them to make women "feel better" or some such nonsense.
It would make my life much easier because I hate trying things on.

Women’s clothing is horrendous. Especially if you have boobs. Every shirt is cut either like a box or a skin tight second skin.
My wife is looking forward to possibly being able to buy stuff in smaller sizes after the reconstructive surgery next year. And she LOATHES 3/4 length sleeves.

Can't remember if I've mentioned it here, but I know I've been bitching about being in trouble financially with my house. Well, I took on a boarder to help mitigate this somewhat. A friend of a friend who needed a place to live for school. He's aware of my intention to sell the place at the end of the school year and get out of Edmonton, so that's good. He's not a terrible person either, just fuck I've lived alone for so long that everything he does out of step to what I do makes me want to murder him.

Just...stop sleeping on the couch and turn off the fucking tv when you're not watching it. God damn it, this fucking guy is 30 years old.

stop sleeping on the couch and turn off the fucking tv when you're not watching it. God damn it, this fucking guy is 30 years old.
I live with people who won't close the door on the microwave, leave fans/lights running hours after they've left the room, won't flush the toilet, and don't understand enough about physics to realize they're supposed to keep the doors closed between the parts of the house that are heated/cooled and the parts that aren't, probably because THEY don't have to pay the bills.

And I'm related to all of them.

--Patrick

Can't remember if I've mentioned it here, but I know I've been bitching about being in trouble financially with my house. Well, I took on a boarder to help mitigate this somewhat. A friend of a friend who needed a place to live for school. He's aware of my intention to sell the place at the end of the school year and get out of Edmonton, so that's good. He's not a terrible person either, just fuck I've lived alone for so long that everything he does out of step to what I do makes me want to murder him.

Just...stop sleeping on the couch and turn off the fucking tv when you're not watching it. God damn it, this fucking guy is 30 years old.
Well the first problem is that you're in Edmonton. But then again, you're getting OUT, which is good. Admitting you have a problem is the first step to recovery.

:p

In all seriousness, that sucks man. Good luck.

I live with people who won't close the door on the microwave, leave fans/lights running hours after they've left the room, won't flush the toilet, and don't understand enough about physics to realize they're supposed to keep the doors closed between the parts of the house that are heated/cooled and the parts that aren't, probably because THEY don't have to pay the bills.

--Patrick
I too, suffer from much of this. You really do get charged for lights that you leave on all god damned day in an empty room. It really does work that way. The rest happens too. It’s painful.

Last edited:

--Patrick
Wait, I don't understand... fans can be turned off? Ours run 24-7-365(6).

Well the first problem is that you're in Edmonton. But then again, you're getting OUT, which is good. Admitting you have a problem is the first step to recovery.

:p

In all seriousness, that sucks man. Good luck.
Hey, Edmonton's not ALL bad, it is one of the best pizza cities in the world.

Also, it has a HUGE taxpayer funded colosseum in the middle of downtown now that makes driving or parking on game nights nearly impossible if you're anywhere close by!

My burned fingers look so gross. They’re purple/brown and wrinkly where I burnt them and it’s been a week and half almost.

My prescription for the numbing/whatever else cream ran out too.

Boo.

GasBandit

Staff member
It's just the market at work.
And your point is?... This is the whine thread, I'm whining.

I can get another flavor for the same price, I guess, as it's just this particular flavor that seems to have been hit with the price spike. That's the problem with something that's really good - it doesn't stay cheap.

And your point is?... This is the whine thread, I'm whining.

I can get another flavor for the same price, I guess, as it's just this particular flavor that seems to have been hit with the price spike. That's the problem with something that's really good - it doesn't stay cheap.
I hardly ever bust your chops, I gotta get in somewhere

Amazon guaranteed delivery of something yesterday. Then, when it didn't show, their only response is, "oops! It didn't get delivered. Maybe Monday!"

WHAT DO WORDS EVEN MEAN ANYMORE?