Whine like a baby, now with 500% more drama!

Dave

Staff member
Mailed Sam a package Tuesday at 1 pm. Paid $132 to overnight it. Delivery guaranteed by Wednesday at 6 pm. Right now tracking shows it's still in Omaha.

I know several people who like this movie for entirely the wrong reasons.

For the record, I do think it's a good movie, but people are media illiterate.
I saw an interview where Michael Douglas bemoans this exact thing. He very much understood that his character is not a hero, but too much of the audience didn’t get the memo.

-My commute is 40min.
-Pretty sure I already mentioned how I fought my way to work through the weather on Sun to be just 1min late only to find out they'd sent out a message 10min before I got there telling everyone not to come in for an extra two hours.
-Mon (MLK Day) I left at the same time, got to work 10min late.
-Tue I left 10min earlier to give myself a buffer (50min total), still 10min late.
-Thu (was off Wed) I gave myself a full hour to get to work, arrived 25min late.
-Today (Fri) gave myself an extra 15min (75min total), arrived 5min early.

My rant is not about the weather. My rant is the extra half hour I seem to have to add onto my commute right now, and the inevitable day(s?) I arrive 20-30min early or some junk and just have to sit there like, "Well this was a waste."

--Patrick

I am on a team of 8 techs. 4 just got promoted yesterday. I am the new trainer by default. Now it will be months before we can train up an new crew.

We just did a major change in our system that needs 24 hour coverage and we are all worn out by the weird hours.

Dave

Staff member
1/2 the team got promoted at the same time? That’s insanity. The remaining four are at severe risk of quitting and finding other jobs. Space that shit out, man!

I wish I could explain to the people who try to date me (which has its own set of challenges, I know, I don't make this shit easy) that when I cut off contact and ghost you for a week straight, and then pop back in like nothing happened, it's not because of them. Sometimes I just have to drift into the void, wandering the darkness like a lost spirit. But I'll be back.

Also, while I'm in the whining mood, this is an unrelated rant but one that comes up often enough.

I'm asexual, and any time someone shows interest in dating or anything of the sort, I make sure to bring this up and have an open discussion. But what they hear is not "I'm a person who doesn't like to have sex or have a sex drive as experienced by most people," instead that they hear is "I just haven't met the right person yet."

Dynamic pricing is fucking toxic and deserves to die (and with AI this will only get 10x worse).
P!nk is coming to Belgium - one day only on her tour.
This morning there were a few seats left at around €100. I wanted to discuss with the wife because she's a big fan. Those SAME seats are now €315 and up.
it's so bad that in some of the better categories you're now better off buying a VIP Premium package with goodie bag and whatever, as those have a fixed cost and are cheaper than just getting the seat. Blegh. Sorry, I like her (both P!nk and my wife) but that's too rich for me.

Me, buying Pepsi & tomato juice at the gas station. I'm rung through and bagging it up.

Some guy in line: Enjoy the party!

I say nothing and leave.

If by party, you mean drinking alone and brooding over how worthless my life is? Sure. Great party. Mind your fucking business next time.

Me, buying Pepsi & tomato juice at the gas station. I'm rung through and bagging it up.

Some guy in line: Enjoy the party!

I say nothing and leave.

If by party, you mean drinking alone and brooding over how worthless my life is? Sure. Great party. Mind your fucking business next time.
I had way too much to drink. Drank several vodka & Pepsi. Tried a Bloody Mary and failed. Been binge watching Jessica Jones. Very drunk right now. Relying on autocorrect.

Weather cancelled last week recycling collection and cancelling tomorrows garbage pick up. Gonna end up with over a months worth of crap in my garage soon.

Amazon keeps raising their Prime membership rates, and today I just got a notice saying that there are now limited ads unless you want to pay an extra $3 per month.

Back in the ‘70s and ‘80s, people got cable TV partially because they wanted to escape ads. Now it seems like one-third of every time slot on basic cable is devoted to commercials. People then got streaming so they could avoid ads and also because their shows and movies were housed in just one or two streaming services. Now most streaming services have ads and they have staked out territory like cable companies do with their properties. It’s like they just rediscovered cable.

Dave

Staff member
As most of you know, I do shift work, which means that I'm both nights and days depending on the day. I do a month of days (6:30 am - 7:15 pm) and a month of nights (6:30 pm - 7:15 am) and they switch. My wife is none too please about my working nights, but it is what it is. My Army vet son still lives at home and we have two Labrador dogs who would lick your face unless you were breaking in, then replace "lick" with "chew off". Tonight someone tried to break in and it freaked Kerri out.

I'm not a gun guy. I used to have weapons, but got rid of them when I met my wife since she had a kid. Guns in house + kids in house = bad things. But now that they are older I'm thinking of getting a weapon again. Not to carry around like a paranoid idjit, just to have at home for Kerri's piece of mind when I'm away. It sucks that I am doing this, but it is what it is. Tomorrow I'm taking her to the gun range so she can shoot a weapon for the first time.

This is a dumb social media whine. Last night, I saw a news story about mutant wolves in Chernobyl that have developed an immunity to cancer.

So I posted a dumb meme about "Cancer-Resistant Mutant Wolves" using a Ninja Turtles logo generator.

It got a lot of likes and retweets. People were having a good laugh about it.

Then the pedantic assholes started "correcting" me. I didn't use the right cadence or rhythm to the song. I said I just posted the title, not caring about the cadence.

But it was just a deluge of "YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG." I finally had enough and just deleted the whole fucking thread. I could have muted it, but fuck it.

Christ, I hate pedantic assholes raining on dumb fun.

This is a dumb social media whine. Last night, I saw a news story about mutant wolves in Chernobyl that have developed an immunity to cancer.

So I posted a dumb meme about " :notes: " using a Ninja Turtles logo generator.

It got a lot of likes and retweets. People were having a good laugh about it.

Then the pedantic assholes started "correcting" me. I didn't use the right cadence or rhythm to the song. I said I just posted the title, not caring about the cadence.

But it was just a deluge of "YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG." I finally had enough and just deleted the whole fucking thread. I could have muted it, but fuck it.

Christ, I hate pedantic assholes raining on dumb fun.
I dunno, I can sing it fine with the cadence. Maybe the problem is them.
:notes:Cancer-Resistant Mutant Wollllves
Cancer-Resistant Mutant Wollllves
Cancer-Resistant Mutant Wollllves
Heroes of Chernobyl- Bozhe-moi!

Mine is if you rush "resistant" to fit in the two-syllable spot, and hold out the "wolves". God knows how many songs (pop, rock, hiphop showtunes, et al) I've heard over the years do the same thing, so the pedantic assholes clearly don't listen to music.

"Oh, it doesn't fit? Tell that to Rihanna, fuckers!"
She's laughing all the way to the bank, and you broke bitches are whining on Twitter.