Whine like a baby, now with 500% more drama!

My work boots make up 2.5% of my mass, while @Squidleybits boobs account for 15% of her mass.

To eliminate half of us, it's all of her and 28% of me.

She's tiny and small. I hide her Swiss Rolls on the middle shelf so she can't reach them without a chair.

My work boots make up 2.5% of my mass, while @Squidleybits boobs account for 15% of her mass.

To eliminate half of us, it's all of her and 28% of me.

She's tiny and small. I hide her Swiss Rolls on the middle shelf so she can't reach them without a chair.
Wouldn't it be much easier to just eliminate 72% of you? :p

Fed Ex provides me with a tracking number and lets me know my new computer will be here by the end of the day but needs a signature. I need to sleep but I can't risk missing the guy so I camp out on the couch.
Hours later of being uncomfortable and I check the tracking and the package hasn't even been placed on a truck for delivery. By the ending of the day the only thing that changed on my tracking was the delivery date to "Pending". I hate Fed Ex so much.

I hate video chats for work. Hate, hate....HATE them.

I am aware that I sound super immature when I say this, but I still hate them. I don’t want to see what my coworkers in parts of the larger group that I barely know look like after months of lockdown and I don’t need others to see how ragged-ass I’m looking.

Today’s meeting has been changed to having only a video option.

Not cool.

I tried and could not get it to work. They saw me, but I couldn’t hear anyone. A last minute call in number was given. Turns out we can see each other but are speaking using the phone. Why on earth would we use video to just look at each other and then speak on the phone?

I'm working from home and my work desktop doesn't have a camera.
Sure, I could use my phone or private camera... But they've been told ever so politely they can just fck off.

GasBandit

Staff member
I've just accepted that being on camera for meetings is part of the new normal. The execs get stroppy if anyone joins the weekly safety meeting without having their camera on. I think they suspect anyone who is not on camera of still being in bed or something, and just using their phone (without camera) to attend the meeting since it is at 8am every monday.

The "hilarious" thing is, they refuse to pay for good bandwidth (a TECH company, and our internet SUCKS) so 16+ of us in a Teams or Zoom meeting turns the camera grid into a blurry, blocky slideshow.

GasBandit

Staff member
So I tried to change my pixel battery and completely fucked the screen >_< Guess I'll be spending my sunday chasing down an open repair shop here.

This is what I get trying to be cheap, I knew I should have just paid to have it done. Or maybe just waited til the 20th and bought a 4a to replace it.

GasBandit

Staff member
Had to order a new screen from Amazon, as no place in town still carries Pixel 1 screens. It should get here tuesday.

Fortunately my best friend had a spare only-partially-damaged pixel screen to give me to tide me over. It's got color bleed in the upper right corner and doesn't register touches in the top inch of the screen, but it's good enough to make sure I don't miss texts from work.

My wife dragged me to a full physical checkup last weekend. This involved taking three days off work last week (which was admittedly nice) to do some food-related prep work, because my checkup would involve colono/gastroscopies.

My whine is that my checkup basically told me nothing that I didn't already know. Yes, I know I'm fat, and yes, I know that comes with associated problems such as high triglycerides etc. Yes, I know I need to eat better and exercise more.

I mean, it's good that my checkup didn't show any major problems (my blood pressure is actually right on the money, woo hoo!), but I feel like I ended up paying a good chunk of money just to be told stuff I already knew. I mean, converted into US dollars, it was well into four figures. Given that nothing particularly alarming was found, I feel like we could've saved that money.

This must be what a company's higher management feels like when their IT department is working as intended.

GasBandit

Staff member
Had to order a new screen from Amazon, as no place in town still carries Pixel 1 screens. It should get here tuesday.

Fortunately my best friend had a spare only-partially-damaged pixel screen to give me to tide me over. It's got color bleed in the upper right corner and doesn't register touches in the top inch of the screen, but it's good enough to make sure I don't miss texts from work.
That new screen can't get here soon enough. Apparently this partially-damaged screen had some ruptured cells in it, because over the last 24 hours a black blob has spread across it from that color bleed in the upper right corner, and now it's completely illegible across the whole screen. At least the touch part still works so I can do things like shut off alarms by remembering where the buttons to do that are, or invoke the google assistant to tell me how much battery power is left.

Also glad I switched to Google Fi as my provider last year, because that lets me make and receive calls from any of my computers, and as long as my phone is on, I can use Google Messages on same computers to text.

But man, I'm also pissed at google that they pretty much designed the pixel intentionally so that the only way the battery could be changed is to destroy the screen.