Whine like a baby, now with 500% more drama!

Dave

Staff member
I'm completely quarantining for two weeks before my trip. I do not want to get sick right before I go. And considering how Washington state is going I'll probably have to quarantine when I get back.

So I'm sitting here feeling lousy with a sore throat, slight cough, and difficulty breathing, telling myself I don't need to get tested because it's probably lack of sleep and season allergies setting of my asthma, and then telling myself I need to get tested because of asthma.

On a lighter note, my daughter had to do yard work and asked if it would be safe to leash the 100 pound dog to a tree while she was out there. We said yes, but then she decided that the beam on our front porch would be safer. One squirrel later, and now my porch is short a beam. :censored:

oh god damn i hate shit that throws scent into the air! sandlewood smells like a musty cabin to me....

Dave

Staff member
Oh god OH GOD!

I was wracking my mind to figure out where that gif came from. So I Googled "It smells like rotting death in here." The #2 link suggested was "7 different vaginal smells and why they happen"!!

WHAT THE FUCK?!? Not clicking that link. Nope. Staying blue forever.

(It never did suggest Gotham. I finally remembered but it was too late to save myself.)

The cat decided it wanted to be nocturnal and look for people to play with when we're all trying to go to bed. So today I get to feel guilty by making him stay awake most of the afternoon so maybe he'll sleep later.

It’s been a weird few days recovering and I’ve been sleeping a lot.

I went to get a drink tonight and I can’t even lift a cup without excruciating pain in my wrist and it shaking.

I have no idea what I did.

But will we still get a multipage exploration on how this recipe reminds them of Summers growing up and/or finally brought their kids over to eating real food?

So....the new Oregon restrictions will probably make teaching in-person at my University impossible this fall. I don't know yet what the public schools will do but if they are not going to be in person, we can stay in Oz where there are all of two active cases right now. But it is too soon to tell. So we have no place lined up to live in August and no flight booked to come home. It is just a lot of anxious waiting...

GasBandit

Staff member
Oh no.

Oh no, oh no, oh no.

I just noticed I was kinda warm.

Checked the thermostat... yep... it's 80 degrees in the house and rising.

The AC is going full blast... and the air coming out of the vents is no cooler than what's going into the return.

And everything's closed tomorrow for the 3 day weekend.

Welp, I guess I'll always have the story about how my air conditioning died on the evening right before July 4th weekend in Texas >_<

I mean, do the basics. First make sure the condenser is clean and not obstructed, and all that.
Also make sure that someone hasn't run off with it.

--Patrick

GasBandit

Staff member
I mean, do the basics. First make sure the condenser is clean and not obstructed, and all that.
Also make sure that someone hasn't run off with it.

--Patrick
TBH, I kinda had hoped this would have happened 3 or 4 months ago - and I hoped for a complete failure necessitating replacement. When I bought this house, I got a home warranty specifically because the A/C was approaching 20 years old.

The warranty is still in effect, it's just that it's a particularly inconvenient moment.

GasBandit

Staff member
Two weeks ago my feedly stopped getting RSS updates from Reuters. I just figured it was a temporary glitch and would come back.

But no, I learned today that Reuters has discontinued using RSS as part of a push to get people to subscribe to their content delivery service.

Oh, the news stories are still free to be read on their website... but if you actually want to consume the content in any other way, you're going to have to pay and use the app they dictate.

This is a dark day for the open web.

GasBandit

Staff member
So, re: my A/C...

Cracked open the outside unit and found a capacitor that was bulging suspiciously. Fortunately my best friend had a spare that would work. So, it's working again. Which is good, because the service guy won't be out here til monday. I'll just trade capacitors with him and sign his work order, I guess.

I did something like that at a convenience store job, once.
AC broke. Discovered the mains fuse had blown. Went to hardware store, bought replacement fuses and installed them. Cost about $6. Got written up for my trouble for not calling maintenance and letting them handle it in a week like I should've. Apparently I was supposed to let $20k in merchandise go bad while I waited rather than do it myself.

--Patrick

GasBandit

Staff member
I did something like that at a convenience store job, once.
AC broke. Discovered the mains fuse had blown. Went to hardware store, bought replacement fuses and installed them. Cost about $6. Got written up for my trouble for not calling maintenance and letting them handle it in a week like I should've. Apparently I was supposed to let $20k in merchandise go bad while I waited rather than do it myself.

--Patrick
The sort of thing that drives many a story on /r/MaliciousCompliance