Whine like a baby, now with 500% more drama!

I did end up putting on pants, and the sammich was *good*. However...

$8.55 (including tax) vs ~$19 (including tip) for a Grand Escape cheesesteak sammich.
25 minutes there and back myself vs up to 45 minute wait.
At what point is DoorDash worth it again?

I did end up putting on pants, and the sammich was *good*. However...

$8.55 (including tax) vs ~$19 (including tip) for a Grand Escape cheesesteak sammich.
25 minutes there and back myself vs up to 45 minute wait.
At what point is DoorDash worth it again?
It's not. It's not even worth it for the restaurants: many of them are being forced to sell the food at a cheaper price to DoorDash or aren't even in an agreement with DoorDash to begin with. To put it bluntly, virtually all of these delivery apps are actively harmful to the restaurants involved.

Zappit

Staff member
Just found out I’ve been transferred to a new position in a new building. Doesn’t affect pay or anything, but I worked with the people there for over nine years and really liked it there.

I use Skip the Dishes when I travel alone for work. It’s much easier for me to order in than wander around for a restaurant.

I also use it at work when I’m hungry and am too busy to leave. I’m also often the only person on site and we have scheduled deliveries so it’s super convenient.

Dave

Staff member
Sitting here getting ready to stream tonight. My wife comes home so I go upstairs to greet her. She's already in the bathroom, though. So I say hi through the door and come back down stairs. She finishes and flushes, then it starts to rain in the basement while she screams that the sewage is backing up into the bathtub.

The plumber came and fixed it (still don't know what was causing the blockage, but he said it was hard and difficult to remove - he thinks it was a piece of shale that shed from the pipe). Regardless, the water shorted out my microwave, my bowl of jelly beans were ruined, and - if it hadn't already been ruined - would have destroyed my compute speakers sub-woofer.

But it's now all cleaned up. Don't think I'll stream tonight now, though.

I interviewed four prospective interns, two guys and two girls. I decided to hire the two girls. A few days later they both emailed us to say they wouldn't be able to come work for us after all; one had visa or work permit issues, the other had a problem with scheduling. So we called up the two guys and offered them the jobs instead.

Funny thing is, I actually don't know if the two guys are good-looking. They were both wearing surgical masks during the interview.

It's weird that my YouTube recommendations on my work computer are tied to what I was watching 3 months ago. They're similar, but not identical to what's on my home one and it's throwing me off.

Ah, another beautiful morning time to have a glass of juice, a cup of coffee and a delicious croissant that are freshly made purchased yesterday......

.....cereal it is then .....

So it has been revealed to me just how awful I am in relationships. Almost incel levels of putrid.
Well, glad the world is protecting others from being stuck with me.

It has been windy AF the last two days, and today I woke up with my nose already plugged up, so I guess I'm going to take some allergy medicine and hide in the house from the evil evil pollen all day.

Dave

Staff member
It has been windy AF the last two days, and today I woke up with my nose already plugged up, so I guess I'm going to take some allergy medicine and hide in the house from the evil evil pollen all day.
The people that lived in the house before we moved in planted fucking GOLDENROD all over right outside the windows. We keep trying to dig them all up but the little bastards keep coming back. Talk about hellish on my allergies!

Current wake up call to lose weight: I'm now pushing 270 on the scale and my back is on fire every morning when I wake up. For my height, I need to lose about 90 pounds to be at the upper limit of a "healthy" weight. The last time I was super motivated I was only pushing 240, and I managed to get back down to 210 before I stopped jogging or counting calories. That was 10 years ago, and now after college I'm creeping close to "morbidly obese" territory. I'm restricting daily calories again, which is what helped last time, but good god does this hunger feeling suck right now when I KNOW I've eaten enough to be healthy but my stomach is screaming that it's not used to being this empty.

What happened? If you don't mind me asking.
I've been talking a lot again the past few months with my high school sweetheart. I apparently am too preoccupied with sex, make inappropriate remarks and requests, and act like a creeper a lot with her. And then I get jealous when she hooks back up with her ex-boyfriend. I was bad enough to the point where she just said she's won't talk to me again. I'm not a good person.

I've been talking a lot again the past few months with my high school sweetheart. I apparently am too preoccupied with sex, make inappropriate remarks and requests, and act like a creeper a lot with her. And then I get jealous when she hooks back up with her ex-boyfriend. I was bad enough to the point where she just said she's won't talk to me again. I'm not a good person.
Are you going to behave like that again in the future? If not, then you're growing as a person, and that is to be commended.

I'm with @bhamv3, you'd only lose my respect if you didn't reflect on this and grow. You're here admitting the situation, and brave enough to go further and explain. Right now I only have your explanation of her side of things from a negative viewpoint. That's not enough for me to form an opinion, much less to change my opinion of you.

My favorite Italian restaurant shut down for good due to the pandemic. Google Maps says they're temporarily closed but they have a "For Lease" sign over their front window.

This is just a whine and not rant because my missing lasagna is the most upsetting thing in my life at the moment.

If you weren't a good person, you wouldn't feel bad about it.