Whine like a baby, now with 500% more drama!

It's my kids favourite one and I sure hope it's poop because they each sent me a whole line or two of it when they found out that my nasty boss was gone a year and a half ago. That many chocolate soft serves wouldn't be as satisfying.

It's my wife's birthday, and I posted on her FB page something like, "Happy birthday! (does this count as a gift)?" That's an obvious joke, right? One of her friends replied, "No. It is not." Maybe she's joking, but I don't know this person to be a jocular type. That just completely annoys me for some reason.
Man, I obviously don't know her like you, but I'd be really surprised if that wasn't meant to be a joke.

GasBandit

Staff member
As if I didn't already have enough to take care of today, of COURSE one of the automation computers has to start bluescreening (Stop codes A and 8E). Agghhh. It's probably gonna need a new hard drive, OS reinstall, the works. Trying new RAM first, as a hail mary. But it's almost never the RAM.

As if I didn't already have enough to take care of today, of COURSE one of the automation computers has to start bluescreening (Stop codes A and 8E). Agghhh. It's probably gonna need a new hard drive, OS reinstall, the works. Trying new RAM first, as a hail mary. But it's almost never the RAM.
Maybe it's Lupus.

GasBandit

Staff member
I bought two cartons (32 oz each) of low sodium chicken broth to get me through the day. One's already gone. I don't know if the other will last till dark.

Myfitnesspal is screaming at me that I've already hit my sodium content for the day. Ha ha ha well guess what I'm gonna DOUBLE THAT EASY.

Not eating SUCKS. And I thought the 500-800 calorie diet was rough.

I AM THE CRANKIEST BANDIT

My Daughter, who never, ever eat her supper no matter what it is: Ketchup on my chicken burger please!
Me, a ketchup hater and vulture of uneaten food: Do you promise to eat it?
My Daughter: WITH. KETCHUP.
Me: ..... [put ketchup on the burger] Okay. Now eat.
My Daughter: [takes one bite] DONE.
Me: :( Okay.

Preschoolers are cruel.

fade

Staff member
I bought two cartons (32 oz each) of low sodium chicken broth to get me through the day. One's already gone. I don't know if the other will last till dark.

Myfitnesspal is screaming at me that I've already hit my sodium content for the day. Ha ha ha well guess what I'm gonna DOUBLE THAT EASY.

Not eating SUCKS. And I thought the 500-800 calorie diet was rough.

I AM THE CRANKIEST BANDIT
Part of me feels bad for you. Part of me is highly amused by the idea of you chugging cartons of broth and then angrily crushing the empty containers.

GasBandit

Staff member
Part of me feels bad for you. Part of me is highly amused by the idea of you chugging cartons of broth and then angrily crushing the empty containers.
I'm not a barbarian, I pour them into large 24oz styrofoam cups and microwave them, first.

GasBandit

Staff member
Are you.... supposed to microwave Styrofoam? I thought that was not great.
These are the kind made for hot coffee, so it's pretty safe. Only a problem if the contents get hot enough to melt the foam. Which I'm not doing.

Also: SOME SADIST JUST MADE POPCORN AGGUHHHG

GasBandit

Staff member
Oh man, I just realized that Gas will never be able to rebuild his pizza box tower.
I would be sad about that, except I really should not WANT to rebuild it, because having a tower of pizza boxes literally wedged between floor and ceiling is not something any home should have.

At my worst, I only ever got two pizza boxes a week. So imagine how long that took.

Surely you have pictures?
She might have it from when I sent it to her ages ago, but mine died with the old phone.

I would be sad about that, except I really should not WANT to rebuild it, because having a tower of pizza boxes literally wedged between floor and ceiling is not something any home should have.

At my worst, I only ever got two pizza boxes a week. So imagine how long that took.

She might have it from when I sent it to her ages ago, but mine died with the old phone.
I mean, if you sent it to me, it's SOMEWHERE in your hangouts history. I am inclined to think I'd have to dig through at least a year of messages at this point to find it though.

GasBandit

Staff member
I mean, if you sent it to me, it's SOMEWHERE in your hangouts history. I am inclined to think I'd have to dig through at least a year of messages at this point to find it though.
That's a thick-ass swamp I ain't wading back through. Not for evidence of my own dysfunction, anyway.

GasBandit

Staff member
So, after trying the RAM, and the hard drive, and STILL not having any success, the engineer and I have narrowed it down to the freakin' on-board GPU. We had it going fine again, until windows 7 recognized and installed the drivers for the damn intel GPU, and then it went right back to bluescreening/garbled images. Booting in safe mode works, uninstalling the graphics adapter and rebooting back into normal mode works...

I've got an old NVidia MX4000 (oooooooolllllld) lying on a shelf that we're gonna see if we can't use, and disable the on board thingamajig.

The stupid computer was due to be replaced entirely in the next 6 months anyway, what a pain.

One of my kid-jerks or my cat-jerks spilled a pop in my old windows laptop and no one is admitting to it.

Through some twisted Windows miracle/nightmarish desire to pull a mandatory 36 hour update on me before dying, it seems totally fine. The pop must have just hit a corner of it near the number pad.

Seriously though, if I dropped a DS or an iThing in the bathtub, there would be hysterics. Respect boys and girls, respect.

My wife had her annual boob squishy thing today, she had to do the secondary scan to follow up on an issue. Now, next Tuesday, she'll be having a biopsy. For most, this isn't a big deal, but she DOES have Lupus, so even the simplest things can turn ugly. At best, it's another thing from the Lupus, at worst... well we all know that answer.

Daughter waited for *3* weeks and the night before yearbook picture day to tell us she lost her math team tee shirt within hours of getting it.

Sigh. I have received 4 demands for vacation in the month of august, all this night, all within an hour of each other. No way that isn't orchestrated. But in a team of 8 people, I can't send 4 people away at the same time. It doesn't leave enough room to get the shift scheduled.

Also: we have a separate job "downstairs" - basically reception work. Only 4 people are trained to work there. One of them's out sick with a shoulder injury. One quit the 31st. His replacement has been sick with a stomach flu two times two weeks - every time when his training "down stairs" was scheduled. One of the others has called in sick with "elbow pain". And the last one is a part timer who doesn't do Wednesdays or Thursdays. She's here for a "one time" thing to help me out, but she can't and won't do all the shifts...Considering there're 5x12h to cover and she only works 28h/week, it's not like that doesn't make sense. But it does mean I'm horribly short on staff, and pretty much fucked.

A

Anonymous

Anonymous

Don't make it public knowledge that you plan on refusing to come in as a tantrum for the sheer gall of being expected to come in for your scheduled shift the previous day. You knew as well as the rest of us what weather was coming. Some of us prepared for that. It's your own fault if you didn't.

fade

Staff member
I forgot how much I generally dislike the Jeep community. Or the off-road community in general. There's this attitude that if you don't have their car, you're trash. If you have the stock version of their car, you're slightly less trashy, but still trash. Only those who have truly ascending into modification heaven (ascension required to enter the cabs of their macho Jeeps) are worthy allies. There's this idea that nothing can really go off-road except their particular build.

Bull.

Look, my dad was a mechanic most of his life, and flipped cars for fun on the side (as in fix up and resell, not actually flip--though we've done that, too). He used to counter-rant against these people, and put his money where his mouth was. We've towed a small boat down a rutted, homemade dirt path using a Renault LeCar. Repeatedly. The car would be at 30+ degrees side to side in places. He still uses a modified 3 cylinder Geo Metro as a tiny pickup truck. Most of this just to prove you don't need a 400 HP 4x4 to drive through some mud. Hell, in real redneck fashion, we used to have a Pinto with no body on it that we drove around a horse field as a giant go-cart. Okay, you'd have more trouble these days doing these things with a small car, since manufacturers have changed the gearing to decrease strength and increase speed and MPGs. But I still wager you could go pretty far off-road in a Chevy Cruze or a Yaris, much to this Jeep crowd's chagrin.