Whine like a baby, now with 500% more drama!

Hey, the cute girl who was in the same class last semester is online, I think I'll say hi to her-

Dammit why can't I force myself to talk to her!? This feels like high school again. If she wasn't willing to talk to you she wouldn't have friended you David, get over it and do something.

Update: Conversation started! Now the majority of my brain's social functions are devoted to not saying something creepy.

Tried a new recipe today. I failed spectacularly somehow, even though I followed the recipe to the letter. The taste was perfect, but the dish had the consistency of soup (it was supposed to be a pie). I think I know what the problem was and how to correct it for next time.

That's only part of my whine. The real part is when people try it, acknowledge that it didn't turn out correctly, then try to give me annoying platitudes. "Oh, well, the important part is that you tried!" or "I just admire you for how brave it was to try a new recipe in the first place!"

Shut the fuck up. I'm not an idiot, and you all know how well I can cook. I may not be a chef in a restaurant, but I know my way around a kitchen. I don't need to be patted on the head like a moron who can't make cold cereal and toast. And "brave"? Really? It's a recipe, for crying out loud. I didn't defuse a bomb. When I'm annoyed something new didn't turn out, just accept it. Don't pretend like it was some glorious and noble fight. Don't act like everything is perfectly dandy.[DOUBLEPOST=1341388678][/DOUBLEPOST]And while I'm at it, stop smacking your lips and sucking through your teeth, you dipshit. I know you weren't raised by wolves, though sometimes you are dumb enough that I can see how people would make that mistake.

Cajungal

Staff member
I swear to God, I know Restless Leg Syndrome sounds like the stupidest thing in the world, but I am so close to going to the doctor about it. I'm up right now, as I often am, walking around and stretching and massaging my calves just so I can try and go back to sleep. I'm tired to losing sleep to this! I stretch before bed and get lots of potassium. The purpose of my exercise is partly to try and stop this. But it's been going on ever since high school. :( I just want to sleep through the night.

And while I'm at it, stop smacking your lips and sucking through your teeth, you dipshit. I know you weren't raised by wolves, though sometimes you are dumb enough that I can see how people would make that mistake.
This. I develop a lesser opinion of people when they do the same stupid shit as my rats.

My own whining:

A guy at work yawns excessively. It's annoying. One yawn was even interrupted by another yawn and that spurned me to time the seconds between yawns.

Set 1:
yawn 1
25 seconds
yawn 2
80 seconds
yawn 3
30 seconds
yawn 4
22 seconds
yawn 5

He got up then, breaking the data, but he came back and started yawning again, so I have a longer sequence.

Set 2:
yawn 1
25 seconds
yawn 2
21 seconds
yawn 3 (that's 3 in a minute)
35 seconds
yawn 4
41 seconds
yawn 5
25 seconds
yawn 6
41 seconds
yawn 7
31 seconds
yawn 8

Eight yawns in three and a half minutes for the second data set. Annoying as that is to listen to, as I thought about it I started to wonder if he needs to see a doctor, because there's gotta be something wrong with his respiration. That, or someone will come in and be like "I yawn that much and I'm the picture of health."

I yawn 2-3 times as often when I'm cold.

Yawning is my natural response to cold, eating is my natural response to fatigue, and I shiver whenever the hell my body feels like it.

Yaaaaaay.

I guess when I say that I eat when I'm fatigued, what I'm describing is that if I only sleep for like 4-5 hours in a night then I'll make myself a huge breakfast and a huge lunch and snack all day. Whereas if I sleep a full 8-9 hours I'll go til mid-afternoon before realizing "hey I haven't eaten anything in like 18 hours."

I guess when I say that I eat when I'm fatigued, what I'm describing is that if I only sleep for like 4-5 hours in a night then I'll make myself a huge breakfast and a huge lunch and snack all day. Whereas if I sleep a full 8-9 hours I'll go til mid-afternoon before realizing "hey I haven't eaten anything in like 18 hours."
Yup, that.

That, or someone will come in and be like "I yawn that much and I'm the picture of health."
No, but I'm not so sure it's something with his respiration. Yawning is triggered by a lot of different stimuli. He could just be very tired or bored, of course, but it's often a symptom of approaching a burn-out, too. How's he doing at work? Job too easy or hard for him, perhaps?
It's also one of the most "obvious" side-effects of some anti-depressants. I know I had a few weeks when I started on them that I was yawning the whole time, while I wasn't actually tired.

No, but I'm not so sure it's something with his respiration. Yawning is triggered by a lot of different stimuli. He could just be very tired or bored, of course, but it's often a symptom of approaching a burn-out, too. How's he doing at work? Job too easy or hard for him, perhaps?
It's also one of the most "obvious" side-effects of some anti-depressants. I know I had a few weeks when I started on them that I was yawning the whole time, while I wasn't actually tired.
Did not know that. Guess it's nothing to worry about then.

Did not know that. Guess it's nothing to worry about then.
He could have a severe infection of his eardrums, which can lead to deafness and quite a lot of pain, too :p

Man, I'm enough of a hypochondriac to know this without looking it up, imagine what stories I could spin if I actually took the efoort to go to webmd or whatever...I bet I can convince you he has some form of cancer somewhere :rolleyes:

M

makare

I woke up with this in my head. Probably because I was dreaming about overcoming tyrannical royalty. (a fine 4th of July dream if ever there was one)

GasBandit

Staff member
The little woman says she knows when I'm getting hungry because I start yawning more. Makes no sense to me, but... she does know me.

My yawning is linked to my asthma. It may indicate I'm having a mild asthma attack.

Edit: and sighing. The sighing even more so, now that I think about it.

GasBandit

Staff member
I am bummed. Lotus Clan's 24/7 Hoodoo TF2 server is now apparently a 24/7 doomsday server. And that was the last (possibly only) 24/7 Hoodoo server with bots in existence.

Also, IMO, there needs to be another medieval mode map with a much larger scope than Degroot keep. Something the size of MountainLab, for instance.

Cajungal

Staff member
Deflated and defeated. I'm such a cowardly piece of shit. I don't deserve anything I'm not willing to fight for.

/emo bullshit

Sorry again.

The most stressful time in your life is going to be the week before AND the week after your wedding.

20 years from now, should you still be together, you'll look back on it all and laugh.

Trust me on that. :)

Cajungal

Staff member
I hope this isn't wedding related. :(
It is. It's the most minor little change, but the fact that I didn't stand up for it more (because I wanted to spare someone's feelings) makes me feel like such a pushover. The one occasion I'm allowed to be the tiniest bit demanding and I couldn't open my mouth. I actually am laughing a little already, and not even in a bitter way. It just takes all kinds, I guess.

You won't be able to please everybody for your wedding. Seriously... just worry about pleasing yourself and your man... it's about YOU TWO anyways. Anyone who doesn't respect your wishes can go fly a kite... or something.

Cajungal - This is cliche, but very true - the only thing that matters at the end of your wedding day is that you are married to the person who you love more than there are stars in the sky. Those little details aren't going to matter in the end.
(Please forgive my rambling. I've only just finished breakfast.)

I've been the best man in three weddings ( because, well, I am), and each time I had to eventually give the "it's your wedding, not your marriage, so relax" speech.

Cajungal

Staff member
Yeah, the detail didn't bother me as much as how I was treated. I would have given it up happily if only I'd have been treated better. But it's done, and it's better now.