Whine like a baby, now with 500% more drama!

Alright! Being unable to sleep will make my 8 hour Saturday shift and subsequent birthday throwdown totally survivable!

You guys can have my melatonin, it sure as hell isn't doing me any good. I'll just finish this Torchlight download and see how the game plays.

I have like 6 minor problems today that could be solved by calling in sick to work today. One of the problems is that I did not sleep.

But I think if I call in sick on a Saturday, I need a doctor's note, and I've never had to get one of those.

Only getting 5 hours of sleep means that there's nothing much to read on Halforums when I wake up.

But then, I already have shit to do because I completely forgot about cleaning the rat cage yesterday afternoon, so I know what I'll be doing for the next hour.

Only getting 5 hours of sleep means that there's nothing much to read on Halforums when I wake up.

But then, I already have shit to do because I completely forgot about cleaning the rat cage yesterday afternoon, so I know what I'll be doing for the next hour.
Reading what little there is to read on HF and not cleaning the rat cage?

Reading what little there is to read on HF and not cleaning the rat cage?
Hey, I only delayed because Nyxie and Amun were cuddling and I didn't want to bother them. Once they remembered they hate each other like brothers are supposed to, I took them out and cleaned the cage.

Whiny rant:

We all have lives. Well, some of us have lives. A couple of us have lives. Anyway, those of us with lives don't have a ton of free time and sometimes we can't be arsed to read every single thing on the forum.

However, if we're going to take the time to reply to stuff, we should take time to read what we're replying to, not just skim it. If it's worth a response, it's probably worth making sure you actually read what was typed.

This is directed at no one in particular.

Except you.

S

SeraRelm

While I've no contextual idea in which to place that comment, I shall reply with a hearty "No U!" in response.

fade

Staff member
Eh, if it's what I think it's about, I don't think it would've really changed my answer if it was "fewer" rather than "nothing".

M

makare

I hate deals that seem too good to be true. What if they are actually too good to be true!? waaah whine whine.

GasBandit

Staff member
Seems like all the hard drive manufacturers these days are pushing out shit. I looked all afternoon for a TB+ size hard drive for under $100, and while they exist, a third of all the reviews for them on newegg/amazon/etc all said "DOA" or "tons of read errors within a week." Had to go up to $120, because the automation systems these things are going in? Yeah, I can't take a 33% chance on a drive shitting itself within a week.

Seems like all the hard drive manufacturers these days are pushing out shit. I looked all afternoon for a TB+ size hard drive for under $100, and while they exist, a third of all the reviews for them on newegg/amazon/etc all said "DOA" or "tons of read errors within a week." Had to go up to $120, because the automation systems these things are going in? Yeah, I can't take a 33% chance on a drive shitting itself within a week.
Hard drives are like oil. The price went up after a disaster, and the companies decided they liked it that way, so they're taking their time coming back down. With hard drives, though, there are a lot of "grey market" drives that get out for cheap. If you want high reliability, you aren't talking cheap...you're probably talking about something like this set up in a RAID 1.

--Patrick

stienman, screw 'em. If they hold their customers in such disregard as to not only lie to you face, but to make up another lie when caught in the first, you owe it to the rest of us to drive them under. Publicly and loudly.

I had to deal with coworkers who held the hotel and it's guests in complete contempt. And a manager who felt about the same. All of the above are gone now. It's a much happier place to work.

Poop.

I think my bread maker is on its last legs. If you could see the loaf of bread this thing just churned out.

I tihnk I'll take a picture of it when Steve comes home with the iphone.

Bread.

I think my poop maker is on its last legs. If you could see the loaf of poop this thing just churned out.

I tihnk I'll take a picture of it when Steve comes home with the iphone.
My brain just did this, and I'm ashamed at how much it made me giggle.

GasBandit

Staff member
Primary transmitter is hosed. It was brand new, too, barely had it 3 months I think.

Heh, it was displaying Forward Power wattage around 6 times higher than its setting, more than 3 times higher than the actual maximum wattage of the transmitter. Engineer had me power it down until he can get back from corsicana to look at it tonight. We're on backup transmitter.

One of my favorite channels on YouTube got hacked. Some cockroach deleted all the old videos and started uploading stupid shit. I really wish there was a way to punch someone through a computer screen.

One of my favorite channels on YouTube got hacked. Some cockroach deleted all the old videos and started uploading stupid shit. I really wish there was a way to punch someone through a computer screen.
Then the entire world would be walking around with 2 black eyes. :p

Finally got up courage to talk to chat with this girl, but I'm pretty much carrying the conversation. Doesn't seem to be a whole lot of chemistry :( at least I can know I tried, I guess.

I was going to give you hell about using a rice cooker. Then I remembered that all my Asian friends had them too.[DOUBLEPOST=1342017637][/DOUBLEPOST]Because it is a uni-tasker... use a pot.

GasBandit

Staff member
Turns out it knocked out two of our beacons as well. So we had to let the FAA know "Hey, uh, our 500 foot tower is unlit, sooooo.. might wanna tell pilots and air traffic control guys."

I was going to give you hell about using a rice cooker. Then I remembered that all my Asian friends had them too.[DOUBLEPOST=1342017637][/DOUBLEPOST]Because it is a uni-tasker... use a pot.
A rice cooker will use less energy then a stove.And I never have to worry about my rice getting burned if I lose track of time.

Man, tonight's commute is gonna suck. Now that it's warm and dry, instead of having to worry about people not knowing how to drive in rain, we have to worry about people's cars stalling in the middle of the freeway because they've overheated and/or caught fire. My choices for tonight's drive home are basically down to drive home the normal route and spend 2.5 - 3 hours driving 24 miles, drive home going north and west around the lake and around the heart of downtown Seattle while racking up 53 miles and maybe shaving an hour off the commute time, or drive home going north and east around the other lake while racking up 40 miles and maybe shaving 30 minutes off the commute time. But at least I get to do it in nice weather.