Whine like a baby, now with 500% more drama!

Diomedes just spit out a tooth. It's one of his top fangs (I think that's what they call the front, tall sharp teeth). He lost another one some time ago, but now I'm getting worried. I googled the issue and it could be some kind of gum disease.

Diomedes just spit out a tooth. It's one of his top fangs (I think that's what they call the front, tall sharp teeth). He lost another one some time ago, but now I'm getting worried. I googled the issue and it could be some kind of gum disease.
Googling animal diseases is about as useful or sensible as googling human diseases, though.

That said, having lost two teeth in a relatively short period can be indicative of a lot of things, and all kinds of gum diseases are, of course, at the top of the list. Though he's also getting old IIRC, and gums recede and all that - it could be "just" a result of old age catching up to him, in which case you might be able to postpone it a bit but not much more.
Don't get yourself worked up over Doc Internet, it's probably not Feline Cancer, but on the other hand, it might be worth checking his gums (inflamed, clearly receding, white instead of reddish,...) and going to a vet to have it checked.

Yeah, I'm going to call them or bring him in sometime in the next few days (I have a date tonight and I'm working tomorrow). I know they were concerned about his teeth before. But it's near impossible to clean them because he fights me too much.

It's one of his top fangs (I think that's what they call the front, tall sharp teeth).
"Canines"

We had one of ours lose multiple canines. If they continue to eat and drink and their breath doesn't smell like rotting flesh (well, no more than usual) then you can relax a little. If they shy away from food, then that might mean infection/abcess, and THAT is a problem.

--Patrick

Yeah, I'm going to call them or bring him in sometime in the next few days (I have a date tonight and I'm working tomorrow). I know they were concerned about his teeth before. But it's near impossible to clean them because he fights me too much.
Our vet tried to get us to use chicken flavoured toothpaste with one of our cats. It was not a success.

I just want to point out that while I was sufficiently warned, a hotel/nightclub might be the worst idea in the history of mankind.

I'm just going to make my own electrons too. No store bought subatomic particles can make my music sound authentic.
Whatever you're thinking of doing, Stu Hegeman did it first and better. :p

(And I'm still on the hunt for a Citation I amp that won't completely destroy my budget.)

So, I took him to the vet. He definitely has gingivitis and other gum/teeth issues. They figure they'll have to extract some teeth. Their estimate runs around $1,000, which I sure as hell can't afford. So now I don't know what to do.

He doesn't seem to be too bothered by the loss of this tooth or the other he lost a few months ago, though. The vet said the other one's empty spot healed up, too. But yeah, no behavioral changes that I've noticed. He's still eating and drinking regularly and he's still the same annoying little shithead.

Yesterday was a holiday in Belgium. Today most companies are making the bridge and are closed. My boss and everybody else at the company, along with all of our suppliers and subcontractors, are either "working from home", taking up overtime, or closed. Of course, one of my operators is working, that's pretty normal in the security sector, after all....
But I'm here too, and, well, I had maybe an hour of actual work to do this morning with sending reports and verifying demands and all that, and I've now been doing some busywork and checking up on some administration and all that jazz, but....I have nothing serious to do. Seriously, nothing.
It's beautiful weather outside, my girlfriend has the day off, and I'm stuck in an office qith no window and no sunlight pretending to work because....Reasons?

Ugh.

Yesterday was a holiday in Belgium. Today most companies are making the bridge and are closed. My boss and everybody else at the company, along with all of our suppliers and subcontractors, are either "working from home", taking up overtime, or closed. Of course, one of my operators is working, that's pretty normal in the security sector, after all....
But I'm here too, and, well, I had maybe an hour of actual work to do this morning with sending reports and verifying demands and all that, and I've now been doing some busywork and checking up on some administration and all that jazz, but....I have nothing serious to do. Seriously, nothing.
It's beautiful weather outside, my girlfriend has the day off, and I'm stuck in an office qith no window and no sunlight pretending to work because....Reasons?

Ugh.
This is basically the reason I installed a MUD client on my work machine.

I should have known when I got woken up at 4 AM it was foreshadowing a bad morning.

Li'l Z woke up then, and after a quick trip to the bathroom, couldn't fall back asleep on his own. So that meant getting up, putting on some music for him, and heading back to bed myself. Usually Mr. Z does this because he can easily fall back asleep, but he's had a horrible two weeks at work (which could be another post in-and-of-itself) and he hasn't been sleeping well, so I did it. But I am a person who, once they wake up, cannot get back to sleep. So I tossed and turned until 6 AM, which wouldn't have been so bad...
...except last month our water supplier sent two strongly worded letters back-to-back that we needed to upgrade our meter IMMEDIATELY...and then scheduled the appointment for 3 weeks later, between 7:30-9 AM. Which is today. Which meant I had to be up, dressed and ready to let this guy in the house before 7:30 AM. And guess who didn't show up until almost 9 AM?

So now the meter's done, but I've got a kid, who can barely hold his head up, mad at me because I won't let him go to school, and I'm trying desperately not to catch his cold, because A)I've got a 5K to run tomorrow, and B) I just got over the last cold he brought home, which left me sick on Mother's Day and the week following it. And I still have to drive into NYC tonight to stay with a friend who lives close to the race. All before the holiday weekend.

[insert expletives and incoherent grumbling]

fade

Staff member
I should have known when I got woken up at 4 AM it was foreshadowing a bad morning.

Li'l Z woke up then, and after a quick trip to the bathroom, couldn't fall back asleep on his own. So that meant getting up, putting on some music for him, and heading back to bed myself. Usually Mr. Z does this because he can easily fall back asleep, but he's had a horrible two weeks at work (which could be another post in-and-of-itself) and he hasn't been sleeping well, so I did it. But I am a person who, once they wake up, cannot get back to sleep. So I tossed and turned until 6 AM, which wouldn't have been so bad...
...except last month our water supplier sent two strongly worded letters back-to-back that we needed to upgrade our meter IMMEDIATELY...and then scheduled the appointment for 3 weeks later, between 7:30-9 AM. Which is today. Which meant I had to be up, dressed and ready to let this guy in the house before 7:30 AM. And guess who didn't show up until almost 9 AM?

So now the meter's done, but I've got a kid, who can barely hold his head up, mad at me because I won't let him go to school, and I'm trying desperately not to catch his cold, because A)I've got a 5K to run tomorrow, and B) I just got over the last cold he brought home, which left me sick on Mother's Day and the week following it. And I still have to drive into NYC tonight to stay with a friend who lives close to the race. All before the holiday weekend.

[insert expletives and incoherent grumbling]
I'm seriously going to market blowdarts for parents. Junior won't go to sleep? Blowdart him. Susie's giving you lip? Blowdart her. Have a herd of Steinmans? Gatling blowdart 'em.

At age 4, school is still awesome and amazing (at least to him). Not getting to go is like a punishment for this kid.
My daughter was trying to get perfect attendance this year, but then was really sick and had laryngitis for four straight days. She was upset about losing perfect attendance until she was able to skip a day of school a month later to go skiing and not have to care about it anymore. (Also I think perfect attendance is a scam award meant to train kids to never take sick days as adults :p)