Whine like a baby, now with 500% more drama!

In my experience, I've found the big name British chocolates to be way too sweet. Like, to the point where there's a lot of sweet, but very little taste.

I have to ask...Why does every European I've ever met in my life do that? There's always this insistence that the American version of everything is inferior.
Its generally true due to the greater emphasis the EU has on the rights of consumers, but that's probably too political.

After this thread I had a hankering for a Extreme Reese's Blizzard. Large. (And I can eat a large no problem)

1400 Calories.

Waiting for the wife to leave on her weekend vacation...

I used to work for a chocolate factory.
I was going to mention this! When @Bubble181 talked about the chocolate standards, I remember you telling me about that. The mass produced factory stuff uses some nasty cheap ass stuff which is why it's only ok but the good stuff uses the really quality ingredients which is why it tastes far better?

As long as you're sharing.
I dunno, dogs and cats can't eat chocolate - are you sure it's ok for doomies?[DOUBLEPOST=1491563381,1491563344][/DOUBLEPOST]
I think the only way to really know is for you to send you best chocolates over here, and we'll have a taste test. I volunteer myself as tribute, er, taster, so everyone else doesn't have to suffer. :D
Just convince @Tress coming November/December :p

GasBandit

Staff member
For the next 2 weeks I'm the acting director of IT (TI in spanish) of the city. This place is going to fall apart.
Well, at the very least, make sure you establish a secret back door so that if they try to fire you, you can take everything down when you go :devil:

Well, at the very least, make sure you establish a secret back door so that if they try to fire you, you can take everything down when you go :devil:
I can do that already. I'm the DBA. I can make the system erase everything if it can't find activity from me for one month.

Yesterday, minor car accident - I was standing still in a traffic jam, the car behind me was standing still as well, but the one behind him hadn't gotten the memo apparently and declined to come to a stop, until his front end was forcibly reminded that it can't phase through other cars. Minor, but enough to break off one of the screws that holds the rear fender in place. Grrr.
Today, I was on my way out, put down my one-month-old phone and it fell. Not only is the screen busted in a bazillion pieces, the whole phone itself is bent a little bit. It still works, bur I don't know for how long or what does and doesn't work.

I was baking chocolate buttermilk pie for tonight's game night. Understand that I make these from scratch so I'm not just reheating them. I'd spent a good deal of time making the batter and ensuring it had the right consistency. I put the pies in the oven and went about my day.

We're having awful weather today and there have been thunderstorms right overhead. The lights flickered just a little bit and I didn't think anything of it. Then the power went off for a minute. Understand that my oven is electric. Power was restored quickly and the oven turned on again, and I made sure to reset the timer on the microwave because that had disappeared. So I got back to writing and power went off AGAIN. For much longer this time. Not only did I lose the microwave timer, but I also forgot when exactly I had the put the pies in. I made a rough estimate and took the pies out later. They seem okay, but I'm hoping they're not underdone in the middle.

I was baking chocolate buttermilk pie for tonight's game night. Understand that I make these from scratch so I'm not just reheating them. I'd spent a good deal of time making the batter and ensuring it had the right consistency. I put the pies in the oven and went about my day.

We're having awful weather today and there have been thunderstorms right overhead. The lights flickered just a little bit and I didn't think anything of it. Then the power went off for a minute. Understand that my oven is electric. Power was restored quickly and the oven turned on again, and I made sure to reset the timer on the microwave because that had disappeared. So I got back to writing and power went off AGAIN. For much longer this time. Not only did I lose the microwave timer, but I also forgot when exactly I had the put the pies in. I made a rough estimate and took the pies out later. They seem okay, but I'm hoping they're not underdone in the middle.
One year my mom was baking me a birthday cake, and shortly after she put it in the oven, the power went out. Rather than accept defeat and try again later, she insisted on finishing the baking at a neighbor's house that had a gas oven. The result was a cake so rubbery and inedible that even the birds wouldn't touch it.

One of my best friends from university is here this weekend and making plans with him is always a hot mess. Because I can't drink, he's put me at the kid's table lately so to speak which really pisses me off. Anyways, yesterday he actually told me that he wanted the old, fun version of me back. I cried. I want that version of me back too. Not so I can drink at a bar or get up to drunken shenanigans, but so I can walk and sleep and get back to work. Long term disability isn't doing awesome things to my bank account.

I don't have the right words to express my disappointment in him.

Dave

Staff member
One of my best friends from university is here this weekend and making plans with him is always a hot mess. Because I can't drink, he's put me at the kid's table lately so to speak which really pisses me off. Anyways, yesterday he actually told me that he wanted the old, fun version of me back. I cried. I want that version of me back too. Not so I can drink at a bar or get up to drunken shenanigans, but so I can walk and sleep and get back to work. Long term disability isn't doing awesome things to my bank account.

I don't have the right words to express my disappointment in him.
Have you told him how his words made you feel? He's probably not grokking the whole situation.

I had something similar with a friend who came in to town. He and I were best friends when he lived here. I found out he'd been here for almost a week before reaching out to me. He'd been staying with another guy whom I can not STAND. And that's how I found out that he was MY best friend, but I wasn't HIS.