Whine like a baby, now with 500% more drama!

Don't know it.
Yorick is a "him." He's a Neanderthal recruited for time travel, and at some point he says to Rod (the main character) that he doesn't actually have the same reasoning ability as H. sapiens, so his speech isn't actually conscious speech so much as it is a vast collection of subroutines (much like the sound bite carts radio stations (used to) use). When Rod comments that "programming" all of this would be a vast undertaking, Yorick just taps his head and makes some comment about how a brain is an amazing thing.

--Patrick

Last night I whined about getting the night's work done in the first fifteen minutes. Tonight I'm in early, so now I'm trying not to have everything done twenty minutes before I usually even get in the door.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

A

Anonymous

Anonymous

My volunteer work is taking WAY more time than my predecessor claimed it would when I took over. Part of it was because they weren't doing a complete job and the other part was that they downplayed the time commitment on purpose.

fade

Staff member
Okay here's something that bugs me as a switcher to Android. Every time Apple purposely obsoletes a device, the apple-haters go nuts. Now that I'm on the other side, though, it seems to be much worse here! So much so that I don't understand what leg these complainers thought they had to stand on. My wife's iPhone 5 from 2012 is still getting iOS updates. Meanwhile Lolipop is still the largest Android distribution, and KitKat even has a huge share. Nougat is only at 2.8% of the share.

GasBandit

Staff member
Again, it largely depends on what manufacturer you get your phone from, and what service provider.

But heck, I've still got my LG3 on 4.4.2 (Kitkat). I intentionally rolled it back after the Lollipop update came out, because whatever Phillips and Verizon did to Lollipop, it made my LG3 run like shit.

I imagine there's less of this sort of thing with Google's Nexus line, running vanilla Android.

Okay here's something that bugs me as a switcher to Android. Every time Apple purposely obsoletes a device, the apple-haters go nuts.
Apple-haters are notorious for their rabidity. They don't even need a product to go obsolete before they start passing out the pitchforks.

I'm kinda expecting iOS 10 to be the last update for the 5 (and 5c), though. They were the first iPhones to have 1GB RAM, but they are also the last phones that are ("only") 32-bit, and Apple has been aggressively mandating 64-bit compatibility since the first half of 2015. Guess that means I'll have to replace my 5 before the end of the year...or else limp along on "old" apps for a while.

--Patrick

Pokemon Go needed another damn update!!!!! For minor text fixes?!? And the app refused to run for that? Are you shitting me?

So mad. I don't get out to places with pokestops often. I needed my fix you Poke-turds!

Someone remind me next time I decide to buy an Android tablet - don't skimp on the processor speed?

My NextBook running Lollipop crashes like it's in a Demolition Derby full of drunks.

@HCGLNS 's cat decides to sit on me last night which is totally out of character. She's all perched like a princess, but won't let me touch her. Every time my hand gets near her, she chomps...hard! And all the while, Pud is watching with the saddest look on his puddy face. Tragic.

I had to use an hour of vacation to cover that non-existent hour. Unfortunately, my employer also informed me it didn't mean that I was ineligible from being ordered the following morning, department rules to the contrary.

I had to use an hour of vacation to cover that non-existent hour. Unfortunately, my employer also informed me it didn't mean that I was ineligible from being ordered the following morning, department rules to the contrary.
Shot in the dark, but do they "forget" to pay you the extra hour when daylight savings ends in the fall?

Funny story, when I was working 3rd shift during any EST/EDT switchover day, I would time my punch out for lunch to be at exactly 1:59am JUST so I never had to deal with this crap.

--Patrick

GasBandit

Staff member
The boss said he'd bring me lunch today, since both my underlings are out and I'm scrambling.

It's almost 2pm. I think he forgot.

GasBandit

Staff member
What kind of southerner are you?! I knew there was something wrong with Texas.
What kind of southerner am I? One that spent most of his formative years in COLORADO AND MARYLAND, remember? :p

Yes, everybody else here luuuuuuvs them some sweet tea. Me, it just tastes like overly-sugary mop water.

We went to a wedding in Alabama, and they ONLY beverage they had available was Sweet Tea. I kept going in the bathroom to get water. I really don't get the sweet tea obsession.

When I went to AL to help Cranky move, I was surprised at how many restaurants were like, "For $2, we will let you fill your own jug from our Sweet Tea™ tap!" like they were doing you some kind of "Can't be seen traveling without your tea" favor or something.

--Patrick