Whine like a baby, now with 500% more drama!

I'd be interested in older stuff, like the recent reprints for the Death & Return of Superman saga.
I've been looking for the Death and Life of Superman novel for a while now, because I read it as a kid and I really liked it. But all the ones on Amazon are either exorbitantly priced, or they don't ship overseas.

Also, before anyone tries it, please don't get it for me, I'll make me feel guilty, and you wouldn't like me when I'm guilty. :p

GasBandit

Staff member
I gotta start being more active. 4 hours of walking around the Renaissance Festival, and today I've got achy muscles and blisters on the bottom of my feet >_<

I gotta start being more active. 4 hours of walking around the Renaissance Festival, and today I've got achy muscles and blisters on the bottom of my feet >_<
I just hauled an exercise bike up the stairs from the basement for my father-in-law to use.
It was a good workout, but there's gotta be some easier way to get exercise than wrestling a stationary bike up and down the stairs every day.

--Patrick

I just hauled an exercise bike up the stairs from the basement for my father-in-law to use.
It was a good workout, but there's gotta be some easier way to get exercise than wrestling a stationary bike up and down the stairs every day.

--Patrick
It's a stationary bike. Shouldn't you be wrestling it in one place?

fade

Staff member
I spent yesterday doing this thing I do. I figured, well, my tv is like 14 years old. I got it early on in the flat screen craze, and it still works. It's 1080P, so it's pretty capable. The only things that really bug me are that it doesn't support ARC or CEC. But those are minor. Big thing is, picture quality is so much better these days. This was the premiere model when it came out. I spent nearly 2 grand on it, and it really still looks unique. Then again, the Samsung I picked up for $100 3 years ago looks far superior.

So anyway, I decided to get a 4K with HDR, but the quality and the prices are all over the place. I researched, searched, tested, and then (this is the thing) decided, never mind. It's all too much. I'm fine with the one we have until it dies.

I spent yesterday doing this thing I do. I figured, well, my tv is like 14 years old. I got it early on in the flat screen craze, and it still works. It's 1080P, so it's pretty capable. The only things that really bug me are that it doesn't support ARC or CEC. But those are minor. Big thing is, picture quality is so much better these days. This was the premiere model when it came out. I spent nearly 2 grand on it, and it really still looks unique. Then again, the Samsung I picked up for $100 3 years ago looks far superior.

So anyway, I decided to get a 4K with HDR, but the quality and the prices are all over the place. I researched, searched, tested, and then (this is the thing) decided, never mind. It's all too much. I'm fine with the one we have until it dies.
I've been "buying a new computer" for almost a full year now.

Since the quake, my parents in law are living with us, occuping our living room. I know I must be solidary and I know it's selfish but hate every second of this. But what I miss the most is sitting in the living room with my wife and watch tv with her. Did you know that our tv never showed a telenovela before? I can almost feel its pain.

Since the quake, my parents in law are living with us, occuping our living room. I know I must be solidary and I know it's selfish but hate every second of this. But what I miss the most is sitting in the living room with my wife and watch tv with her. Did you know that our tv never showed a telenovela before? I can almost feel its pain.
Knowing you're doing the right thing doesn't mean you have to like it. I'd even say that doing the right thing despite not liking it or being inconvenienced by it means a lot more than doing the right thing when it doesn't cause you any discomfort whatsoever.

I literally had to argue with a friend of my aunt's today that the KKK actually were "that bad".

WHAT THE FUCK IS HAPPENING?

Also this old bitch literally owns land in Alberta, the US and in Ontario (vacation homes) and she talks about FUCKING SUFFERING UNDER OBAMA?!

FUCK YOU!

FUCK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank God there's Wesley Snipes to calm me down, the best Twitter account ever. Seriously though, non-ironically, the guy is a fountain of positivity.

I got a bad leg cramp in my sleep and now my leg really hurts.
I used to get those a lot, like, so painful it jolts me out of deep sleep and yelling pain. I finally figured out mine came from being dehyrdated (usually), so I got in the habit of keeping a water bottle with me all day. A banana might help, too.

If I feel one coming on when I'm trying to sleep, I've found standing up quickly will help blood flow and usually stops the cramp.

I used to get those a lot, like, so painful it jolts me out of deep sleep and yelling pain. I finally figured out mine came from being dehyrdated (usually), so I got in the habit of keeping a water bottle with me all day. A banana might help, too.
I'm not entirely sure Mr Z would be welcome in @blotsfan's bed.

Found a conversation I had with a gal on OKCupid many months ago (May/June). Lots of things in common, great conversationalist, etc. And because I was in a bad place in the time, I opened up all about my depression, being out of work, living with my parents. And she STILL wanted to talk and even meet. And like an idiot, I told her I was probably going to close down my account (or at least put it on hold for awhile, which looks like I deleted it) because I was in such a bad place. And yet, she still sounded like she was interested.

She's closed her account since then.

I'm a bonehead.