Whine like a baby, now with 500% more drama!

I just always get confused by people who carry cash these days. Surprised that's it's still a thing people do. Though there are times I do as well.

GasBandit

Staff member
I just always get confused by people who carry cash these days. Surprised that's it's still a thing people do. Though there are times I do as well.
Even the girl scouts set up outside the Kroger to hawk their sweet, sweet deathwafers have started accepting credit cards. I haven't carried cash in years.

As far as I know, there is one reason, and one reason only to carry cash these days - you can't buy weed in Washington with a debit card.

My boss just got his roof refished on a cash only deal.

It's like you non-hobos can only play in the box.

Live free. Live Hobo.

I only carry about $100 in cash in my wallet for use if I ever find myself in a position where I can't use my card, but otherwise yeah, I use debit for everything.

As far as I know, there is one reason, and one reason only to carry cash these days - you can't buy weed in Washington with a debit card.
Also handy when you are picking up Rogaine™, "JustForMen," condoms, and "male enhancement products" at the self-checkout. Oh, and also Nickelback CDs.

--Patrick

I use my Mastercard for everything and I have enough air miles again for a trip for one and a half people to go down south again. Need to save a bit longer :)

Got a full 8hrs sleep, but woke up 4 hours earlier than usual. Couldn't go back to sleep thanks to allergy attack, plus I had to deliver checks from insurance company and grandma to mom. Got back too late to get any more sleep before it was time to start getting ready for work.

Gonna be an extra coffee and lots of Red Bull night.

The sound of cicadas outside is positively deafening. Can even hear them inside as if the windows were open!
"oh no! I can hear nature!"

Want to trade for the sounds outside my window? I can hear the police and ambulance sirens, the roadworks, the power drill, the sandblasting of the house across the street, and angry protesters picketing the EU buildings and making a general nuisance of themselves from in here, with the windows closed.

fade

Staff member
I love the cicadas. They seem a little early this year.

We get lots of loud frogs down by the bayou here.

They seem early, more numerous, and louder. I wonder if the heavy rains made for more favorable breeding conditions or something.
According to this site, it is most likely stragglers from Brood IV augmenting the usual annual noisemakers. They wait to emerge until just after heavy rains.
TWAL there is a site that tracks the periodic cicada outbreaks.

--Patrick