Whine like a baby, now with 500% more drama!

My first guess would be autism, and the fact that they were spanking indicates to me that they haven't actually talked to a doctor about a developmental delay. But I wasn't there, or know the situation, so I can't say.

I always feel bad about how much I enjoy my dad having to travel for work. He's the restless type and generally fills the weekends and free time with projects and always ends up needing help. When he heads out he mentions one or two things he'd like done but they're always pretty simple compared to the half-day-long things we do when he's home.

The old band room that was my home away from home when I was in high has just been torn down. I have so many memories in that place, good and bad.
(I even lost my virginity in the storage room in there that had a lock on the inside. :p)

So, we had a four day weekend here in Taiwan. It was nice and relaxing. A good change of pace that allowed me to recharge my batteries and get back into a good mentality for work. I went in early today, to get as much work done as possible. I had a good feeling about the upcoming week.

(cue deluge of angry emails from clients about a variety of stupid issues)

View attachment 21254
To add to the wonderful week I've having so far, a piece of my tooth just fell out. Not sure if it's a filling or part of my actual tooth, but the point is there's a chunk of dental matter sitting on my desk right now.

What's the point of all that brushing and flossing if my teeth are just going to fall apart by themselves? :mad:

The actor who played ALF has died.:(
I thought you meant the puppeteer, or maybe the voice actor. I didn't know you meant the guy in the ALF suit.
That guy was Michu Meszaros, and he did a lot more than that, starring in things like Baby's Day Out and basically anything else that needed someone who could play a baby but also able to legally sign a contract. If you wanted someone like Billy Barty or Warwick Davis but they were too tall, you called this guy. I first saw him in the 80's on the TV show "That's Incredible" (Or maybe it was "Real People?" I forget which) when he was introduced as the smallest man in the world, a title he technically didn't hold (that honor goes to Chandra Bahadur Dangi) but he certainly played it up.

Oh, and you know who else died today? Judy Jetson/Josie (of Josie and the Pussycats)/Penelope Pitstop/Susan (of Battle of the Planets) voice actress Janet Waldo.

--Patrick

To add to the wonderful week I've having so far, a piece of my tooth just fell out. Not sure if it's a filling or part of my actual tooth, but the point is there's a chunk of dental matter sitting on my desk right now.

What's the point of all that brushing and flossing if my teeth are just going to fall apart by themselves? :mad:
That happened to me once. I had a rather large filling, and the dentist told me that one side of the tooth was too thin, and wasn't surprised that it broke. Had to get a crown.

Seats are good for tonight's game at CitiField except... they're still in direct sunlight and I don't have sunscreen. [emoji30]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That moment when you hear about Apple's new IOS - and you realize your iPad isn't going to be able to run it...
I was wondering when they would finally up the system requirements.
My guess was that this would be when we finally move to "you must have a 64-bit processor" but instead it looks like the requirement is merely "your device must have at least 1GB RAM." This DOES mean the iPhone 4S finally gets left behind, along with the iPad 2 and original iPad Mini (which was really just a miniaturized iPad 2).

At least my iPhone 5 gets a stay of execution, possibly until I can actually afford to replace it!

--Patrick

GasBandit

Staff member
Underling screwed something up pretty bad and I am not sure it can be fixed. And she's taking tomorrow off so I'll have to deal with it, her job, AND my normal job. FML.

Our AC is broken and we can't get anyone out to look at it until Wednesday.

It was 90 in the house when we got home at 9pm. ugggggggggggh.

At least in Colorado the temp drops a lot at night so sleeping won't be HORRIBLE as long as we keep the windows open.

Argh. That moment when a character "pulls a Dill," doing something unexpected. But part of "pulling a Dill" is it suits the character and works in the scene to up the ante.

Unfortunately, it leaves me sitting here in Starbucks thinking, "Well shit, now what?"

Fortunately, unlike Dill, this book has TWO narrators. So I can put that other scene aside and see what the other girl is doing right now.

*sigh* No Autocorrect, I meant to write "You threw your bra in my face!"

Besides, "You through your brain my face!" doesn't make sense.

Are you drunk, Autocorrect? Is everything okay? Do you want to talk about it?

Last edited:

fade

Staff member
How come no one answers when you reply to their friggin' Craigslist ads. Seriously, this happens to me a lot.

Terlit 'sploded. Bout 10pm last night.
It's a flushmate, isn't it? There's still a recall and probably lawsuits going on about that one if it is.

If not, what is it about texas that makes all their toilets commit suicide? Is it a simple matter of "Everything is bigger in Texas, no, really, everything"?

GasBandit

Staff member
It's a flushmate, isn't it? There's still a recall and probably lawsuits going on about that one if it is.

If not, what is it about texas that makes all their toilets commit suicide? Is it a simple matter of "Everything is bigger in Texas, no, really, everything"?
Fluidmaster.

I emptied out my wallet onto the counter this morning to give the kids 2 bucks apiece for school and forgot to put the rest back in my wallet.

Scheisse!