Whine like a baby, now with 500% more drama!

Macs need not apply.

In other whiny news, time for a 2.5 hour layover in few, sooooo.... Come to terminal D next 2 hours IF U WANT AN ASS KICKING
I'll trade, you can watch a middle school music concert.

This one has alcohol.

Last edited:
IMG_20160329_183753382.jpg

Fine, technically it's not an open bar, but there is still alcohol that you can buy. Sadly, I have to drive and I can't hold my liquor.[emoji14]

GasBandit

Staff member
There's an Irish pub in the terminal across from my gate that has Tito's vodka.[DOUBLEPOST=1459299012,1459298994][/DOUBLEPOST]Also $20 fucking earbuds oh my God

Reactions: Dei

GasBandit

Staff member
You know you could just install straight Windows 7 or 8 and never have to Mac anything about it, right? (except possibly firmware updates)
Though if you mean you're looking for something < $500 then I completely understand.

--Patrick
I am even considering just a chromebook, really. Depends on if it can use teamviewer.

New dumb whine. I arrived two hours ago at gate a11. They told me my connection was at gate D21. I rode the DFW Skylink to Terminal D, put in my shitty overpriced earbuds and took a little nap. Just found out 10 minutes ago there's been a gate change... to gate a8. Wheee. Back I went.

A 60 year old woman thought the handrails on the skylink were optional.

Protip: they are not. Not even if you are sitting down,which she was not.

Then she got off at the same stop as me, and re-enacted the escalator scene from crocodile dundee.

I am even considering just a chromebook, really. Depends on if it can use teamviewer.

New dumb whine. I arrived two hours ago at gate a11. They told me my connection was at gate D21. I rode the DFW Skylink to Terminal D, put in my shitty overpriced earbuds and took a little nap. Just found out 10 minutes ago there's been a gate change... to gate a8. Wheee. Back I went.

A 60 year old woman thought the handrails on the skylink were optional.

Protip: they are not. Not even if you are sitting down,which she was not.

Then she got off at the same stop as me, and re-enacted the escalator scene from crocodile dundee.
You made me laugh at the plight of an elderly woman!

GasBandit

Staff member
Seriously, if the skylink was any more jarringly fast it would be a carnival ride. The loudspeaker says, nay, IMPLORES you to hold the handrails before every start. Then the Sidonia starts emergency maneuvers.

It wasn't even crowded, there were plenty of rails in easy reach.[DOUBLEPOST=1459306087,1459305955][/DOUBLEPOST]Ugh... This flight is an Airbus A319. I expect to look like my old avatar by the time we get to Denver. The thing is a fucking cattle car with wings.

Why can't I get dumplings like they sell in Flushing here in Morganhole, WV? This is a college town with plenty of international residents and Chinese restaurants, innit?

Why can't I get dumplings like they sell in Flushing here in Morganhole, WV? This is a college town with plenty of international residents and Chinese restaurants, innit?
I can relate, I seem to live in the one SoCal city that doesn't have eight million Chinese restaurants and Pho shops.

Based on what I'm hearing about I-70 on the radio, I'm expecting a lot of car trip whines from @GasBandit today.

Unless he's swinging south and they have been spared the snow I guess.

GasBandit

Staff member
Based on what I'm hearing about I-70 on the radio, I'm expecting a lot of car trip whines from @GasBandit today.

Unless he's swinging south and they have been spared the snow I guess.
Yeah, Dad's thinking I-50 instead of 70, because of the snow headed in from the north. Which means a 5 hour drive just became a 6 hour drive. And that's if everything goes smoothly/no construction/no weather/no rockslides.

Yeah, Dad's thinking I-50 instead of 70, because of the snow headed in from the north. Which means a 5 hour drive just became a 6 hour drive. And that's if everything goes smoothly/no construction/no weather/no rockslides.
Yeah, I was hearing chain/traction laws in effect on I-70, and honestly, that means everyone's already going 30 tops, which would not help the drive time that way.

"I got a telephone, a television, and a typewriter."
This is how a Stephen King plot starts. And considering he's stuck in Colorado, I think we all know how this story is going to end.

"All work and no Halforums Academy makes Gas Bandit a dull boy."

GasBandit

Staff member
Well, I'm not ENTIRELY without internet, I have my phone. But that is a poor substitute. Especially when my work has just called me for the second time for help.