Whine like a baby, now with 500% more drama!

The doctor today was super rough. I'm in worse pain than before I went in this morning. Way more!

Last time, she froze my SI so thoroughly that I had my first pain free night in ages. Tonight, even sitting up for an hour or so to edit pictures was too much.

My baby man is staying really close by and he's even having a sleep over with me. He's so sweet!

My Wii-U controller signal doesn't reach my bathroom. I am unbelievably bummed out about this.

I wanted to shit and make levels.

Why would anyone want to hear this song on purpose? It's like they say "Gee, I'm feeling too happy. I need to cry right now" I was barely holding my tears in the bus. Lately I feel like the time when life stops giving to you and starts taking away from you is coming. My dad, my mom, my aunts and uncles are old now and my grandmother has become so frail and sick...

So, Eriol had stomach flu last week after getting home from out West.
I have had no symptoms for 6 days.
But!
Who's got two thumbs and has been puking their guts out all afternoon?
That's right folks! This cleric!
Fuck fuck fuckity fuck fuck. Now is so not the time.

But!
Someone obviously got "epiphany" mixed up with "stomach virus."
Maybe next time?

--Patrick

But!
Lord tunderin Jeezuz! Da chappy got da crappies on Crizzmuz eve me by! What is we ta du?

I'm so incredibly sad. :(

The comic shop I go to is closing again and it breaks my heart. I love Trent and I only see him when I go buy comics. He's become such a good friend, I hate to see things go south for him - aside from the store closing, his dog Sherman isn't doing well. Sherman has gotten him through a lot and I can't help it, I'm just sitting here bawling my eyes out because my feelings are so surface level I can't stop myself. I'm so sad.

Last edited:

GasBandit

Staff member
I'm so incredibly sad. :(

The comic shop I go to is closing against again and it breaks my heart. I love Trent and I only see him when I go buy comics. He's become such a good friend, I hate to see things go south for him - aside from the store closing, his dog Sherman isn't doing well. Sherman has gotten him through a lot and I can't help it, I'm just sitting here bawling my eyes out because my feelings are so surface level I can't stop myself. I'm so sad.
That sucks. There's only 1 comic store I know of around here and I'm pretty sure the only reason it is still open is because the guy runs it out of his house, which just so happens to be on the corner of a major thoroughfare and a residential street. It's tough to be in printed media these days. And I'm saying that while working in radio.

Yeah, I'm honestly surprised that I have... well, a bunch of comic and game stores I can go to. I guess it's because Columbus, OH is full of rich geeks.

There's a comic store here that I've been going to since the 7th grade (off and on between moving all over the place). The owner has literally watched me grow up.

I don't know what I would do if it shut down. You can't go to the same comic store for 20 years and just go somewhere else.

There's a comic store here that I've been going to since the 7th grade (off and on between moving all over the place). The owner has literally watched me grow up.

I don't know what I would do if it shut down. You can't go to the same comic store for 20 years and just go somewhere else.
Wow, that's so cool!

I live in such a small town, so my options are really limited. Hastings sells comics as well as HeeBeeGeeBeez, but I am a die hard Death Ray supporter because they're local and Trent is the first person to not treat me badly when I walked into his store for the first time. :heart:

He said he's gonna hook me up with a bunch of comics because I'm a sweetheart. GUH, he's so nice.

Yeah, I'm honestly surprised that I have... well, a bunch of comic and game stores I can go to. I guess it's because Columbus, OH is full of rich geeks.
Haha, lucky you!! :D I guess I just need to move somewhere more geeky. ;)

I guess I just need to move somewhere more geeky. ;)
A propos of nothing at all, did you know Brussels has not one, but three different comics museums, a manga museum, and a figurines museum, hosts several cons a year, and has its own cosplay group, along with the Fantasy Film festival and SciFi Film Festival? :whistling:

I saw my doctor today for follow up from Tuesday's procedure because it had been so painful. His advice? To quadruple my pain meds for the short term... Yay?

I scratched my eye and it got infected. I woke up this morning to intense pain and had to run tot he Ophthalmologist. Looks like medicated steroid drops for a month.

The synthetic equivalent I think.

I'm referred to a pain clinic which has access to stronger stuff and and more permanent non-medical options like RFA etc.

To be fair, your stronger pain relief meds don't actually reduce the pain, they just reduce how much you care about it.

--Patrick

I'd do pretty much anything at this point.
We have a friend who has a degenerative disorder of the spine. He's had surgeries. He's been on some of the strongest pain medications available. He still has pain so severe that the only thing that's kept him from suicide is the thought of his wife and kids having to deal with the aftermath. So while I have not experienced this personally I understand just how bad it can get. I'm sorry you're going through this kind of pain.

GasBandit

Staff member
I accidentally knocked something heavy off a shelf over my head and it hit me square in the face. My nose hurts bad, but I don't think it is broken. Still, touching it gives me that "this bone hurts and you SHOULD NOT TOUCH IT" hurt in my septum.

I accidentally knocked something heavy off a shelf over my head and it hit me square in the face. My nose hurts bad, but I don't think it is broken. Still, touching it gives me that "this bone hurts and you SHOULD NOT TOUCH IT" hurt in my septum.
Coulda been worse. Coulda been doomweasels.

--Patrick