Whine like a baby, now with 500% more drama!

Oh, my husband also talks with two of his siblings at least once a week for hours. He has a third, but he wasn't born until my husband left for college, so really doesn't feel a connection with him.

I never had to deal with this since I'm an only child. I've had a few times where I sat down with Lily and Noah when they were fighting to tell them that they don't have to like each other, but they still need to respect one another. I feel like @stienman in a way. It's ok for them to not always want to play together. It's ok to take a break from the other person. But don't hurt each other on purpose or treat each other like the other person doesn't matter. They haven't ever kept a tally of who got more or whose presents cost more. Maybe it's because she gets toys he's not interested in and vice versa.
I think it's all sunk in a little. I noticed Noah holding Lily's hand when she was scared on Halloween. If he's upset, she'll ask what's wrong. I just hope this doesn't change much once they are teens and adults.

fade

Staff member
I mostly get along with siblings. Some of them have mostly fallen out of touch except at birthdays and holidays. Except my brother. We still talk almost every day.

I don't have any contact with my sister anymore. She broke off all contact with the whole family. I do get along with my brother, but since his marriage and moving away and all that I don't see him all that often anymore, sadly.

I don't literally mean that I want my kids to "like" each other. Love, respect, etc, etc. I unfortunately do not respect or like my siblings. Love is a iffy thing. They're family so you're supposed to love them, but it is damn hard due to some jacked up behavior and jealous b.s..

I'm actually really intrigued how you guys all handle sibling dynamics. Mr. Z and I are only children, all of our first cousins are very far apart from us by age and/or proximity, and Li'l Z's likely to be an only child, so... ummmm...

:notes:I've got a lovely bunch of cocomuts...:notes:

I just wanted to contribute.

The order is Jason Maggie (dog) Kimberly Chloe Rudy Sid Strider Rob Lulu Alan Cupcake Maggie (human) Stan Jen Cathy Mike
This is an eye opener.

You love my sister's husband more than Cuppy?

You loved our freaky, shit everywhere cat more than your sisters?

You loved Sid at all? You always said how obnoxious she was.

Jason and Mike are in the positions I expected to see them in.

This is an eye opener.

You love my sister's husband more than Cuppy?

You loved our freaky, shit everywhere cat more than your sisters?

You loved Sid at all? You always said how obnoxious she was.

Jason and Mike are in the positions I expected to see them in.
Alan has directed a huge amount of grief from your mom away from me. He ranks high.

Really? Stan shit everywhere but never brought a literal plague into our house. The other one is just nuts.

Sid was a good cat. Dim but full of love.

I unfortunately do not respect or like my siblings. Love is a iffy thing. They're family so you're supposed to love them, but it is damn hard due to some jacked up behavior and jealous b.s..
I'm sorry to hear that you (and a lot of you lot, it seems) aren't close with your siblings.

I think I'm weird in that, I don't actually believe that just because you're blood related to someone means you owe them your love or time. :S I'm lucky to have a family I do love and respect, but if they were awful, awful for me - a toxic relationship, I would get the hell out of dodge.

I guess what I'm saying is, if any of you don't love your family because of them being awful, doing awful things, I fully support that. Not that my opinion matters...

Lordy, I need to hush today.

That brings up a totally FWP whine I had the other day. I think probably some of you will hate me for saying this, but it's true. I think one of the most disappointing things about becoming financially successful in life after having nothing for so long has been that it's no fun to just go buy something you want. It gets pretty meaningless without some struggle. There's no spice in the meal.
You want to have a full-on serious discussion about this later in private, I will be glad to.
I'm sorry to hear that you (and a lot of you lot, it seems) aren't close with your siblings.
Eh, I'm an only child. I have two stepbrothers, both of whom went to juvie/jail for trying to make money faster than average and getting caught. I don't hate 'em, but I don't talk them up as role models, either.

--Patrick

My family is mostly awesome, but one of the few things that drives me nuts is that they always insist that I be kind and nice and forgive people. They always are telling me that so and so must have had a bad day for them to treat you poorly....blah,blah,blah. They are the reason that I continued to let a former friend be abusive and horrible for so long and when I cut her off, they wanted to keep her on Facebook?!? What the fuck? They think that I should forgive work chick. Hell no. They also think that my new boss is only mean because she's stressed out and over-worked. They are likely correct on that one, but she doesn't have the right to treat me poorly no matter how terribly her day is going.

People treat you the way you allow them to treat you. I have stopped allowing bullshit.

Sheesh, why? Your opinion is as valuable and worthy as anyone else's. I also absolutely agree.
Frankly, I feel like I'm talking way to much and sharing way to much today. :S I've made too many posts lately. Well, too many by my standards. =^^=

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk