Whine like a baby, now with 500% more drama!

Was death note shonen? I think I remember someone saying it was but I didn't care enough to keep track/remember. I liked death note.... well, the first season of it anyway.
It's a good thing they never made a season 2. What a perfectly amazing ending to a perfectly amazing series.

Kay I'm just gonna clear this up on what shonen is just in case anyone joining in is a might confused, and if your not than get ready for a refresher. Many people believe that Shonen is a derogatory term meant for adventure series that have lots of fighting. In actuality....they are just comics meant for boys. This applies to romantic comedies, slice of life stories, and just about any genre. Also Shonen is where the money is in Japan, you make a good shonen series and your a freakin' millionaire. Dragonball has more than 20 games based on it, most of them made AFTER Dragonball was finished.

I've only eagerly followed a few anime series: Bastard!, Berserk, Cowboy Bebop, and Robotech. On the recommendation of a friend, I gave Queen's Blade a try.

Now I know that there can be too much fan service.

fade

Staff member
...I said that. I was saying that the SPECIFIC character in Naruto shares the exact name and strikingly similar origin to a character from Yu Yu Hakusho. The name Kurama was used for this type of monster in Yu Yu Hakusho first and not in any myth before it. There is a fine line between inspiration and ripping off and sweet STRAWBERRY Jesus did Kishi do that. Also I've heard the Hitachin clan is a bit too similar to a family from the "Hunter x Hunter" series, made by the same creator of Yu Yu Hakusho. He can say it's a tribute, but this series was and STILL isn't over.

Edit: You do still like Dragonball Z right? I mean...the male lead is clearly BASED on Son Goku.
Yeah, I realized you said that after I posted. Still they're very different characters. It'd be like naming a super strong guy with a completely different backstory and main story "Kent". The similarity is superficial to me because the stories are so different.

Yeah, I realized you said that after I posted. Still they're very different characters. It'd be like naming a super strong guy with a completely different backstory and main story "Kent". The similarity is superficial to me because the stories are so different.
Meh, I'll semi-give you that.

Lookin' for jobs in AC-UGH! Gonna be hot as hell.

S

SeraRelm

I don't dislike all Japanese cartoons, just shounen. Ergo Proxy, Ghost in the Shell, Kara no Kyoukai, those are great. I wonder if I should put this next part in the rant thread or not.. Lung issues are starting up again so breathing is a bitch right now. Fun for work...

The best Japanese cartoons are the ones that have the shortest runs in my opinion. They usually have better animation and better climaxes.

And I feel ya with the lung issues Sera, I used to have HELLA asthma combined with pollen allergies. The worst was when I was having an allergy attack, asthma attack, and a cold at THE SAME TIME! The feeling is what hell feels like I assume.

Yeah you're totally right. Hellsing was shi.... wait a min. Ok ok, Cowboy Bebop was ter..... wait no. Oh yeah how about Trigun was horr.... nope nope.

No Yoshimickster, run length has nothing to do with it.

Yeah you're totally right. Hellsing was shi.... wait a min. Ok ok, Cowboy Bebop was ter..... wait no. Oh yeah how about Trigun was horr.... nope nope.

No Yoshimickster, run length has nothing to do with it.
....those all had short runs. One season is a short run. Are you agreeing with me or disagreeing with me? I'm confused.

Short-run 13-26 episodes.

Good run: 30-55 episodes.

Long run:90 and up.

That's my opinion on the runs anyway.

Agh onions make me weep like crazy. I seem to be affected more than anyone else I know. I look like I've been crying for hours. Nothing is wrong! It's just the onions! So many onions.

Picture from a four hour trip to Costco yesterday the lady made me go on with her for Easter shit for dinner tonight. The line went across the whole store. I wanted to leave immediately upon entering the building.

I just have to keep reminding myself Vegas tomorrow. Vegas tomorrow. Vegas tomorrow.

I mean it's like do they honestly stop and go "Well maybe this time I'll be lucky and there won't be alot of other people who didn't wait till the last second"?

I'm one of those who'd go to a store ON the holiday. Mostly because so dang many stores now are open on holidays - at least in what I used to call "civilization".

My life is constantly about constantly being wrong, and contantly apologising for things. I'm the guy no-one asks for advice, but they feel they should give him advice.I would kill to be the one being condescending and get away with it for once, rather than be condescended to. Now that is some fucking whining.

I'm nearly at the end of my education certificate program. At least in terms of the core courses themselves. There's a few more things left:

1) The Praxix I & II tests (testing my knowledge first of basic reading, writing, and math; then knowledge of education, itself, such as terms and such)
2) Some basic, introductory courses: Two in science, two in math, one in social studies. These can be at any level, so a basic 1000-level course is acceptable. I may have to wait until January to finish these, as there's a particular Math course that the university here offers that isn't offered again until the Fall. And I'll be busy in the Fall because of...
3) My practicum. 75 days in total. 40 days at one school, 35 days at another. This is in order to give me a wide experience of both schools and evaluating teachers.

So basically, I can likely start teaching - or at leas t be available for supply teaching - by January. This is where the "whining" part of the post starts...

...because I'm absolutely terrified.

I'll be honest. I don't deal with change very well sometimes. Moving to Toronto nearly broke me in my first year. Ditto for moving here, to Maine. Before, all I had to worry about for the past decade was finishing my Bachelor of Arts degree in English Literature. It always felt so far away. Even when I was finishing last year, the idea of continuing on to an education degree felt so distant. Now, I'm coming towards the end - at least for now - of my academic/university life. This is something I've been in, off and on, since 1997. Now, I'm on the cusp of beginning a career. Hell, it's a career that I'm still terrified to consider, because even though I've done observations, it's still an entirely new world for me.

So yeah...big change and I'm flipping terrified.

I'll be honest. I don't deal with change very well sometimes. Moving to Toronto nearly broke me in my first year. Ditto for moving here, to Maine. Before, all I had to worry about for the past decade was finishing my Bachelor of Arts degree in English Literature. It always felt so far away. Even when I was finishing last year, the idea of continuing on to an education degree felt so distant. Now, I'm coming towards the end - at least for now - of my academic/university life. This is something I've been in, off and on, since 1997. Now, I'm on the cusp of beginning a career. Hell, it's a career that I'm still terrified to consider, because even though I've done observations, it's still an entirely new world for me.

So yeah...big change and I'm flipping terrified.
Pretend you're Dillo moving to a new town on a job. Just do as he'd do.

:/ On second thought, no, that's illegal.

Should I complain about more and more places not carrying Discover card? I know it costs a little more for the business, but they get payed either way. Not so much whining as just confused.

....yeah pretty much just answered my own question there.

Okay somethin' to whine about, OH! Ugly Americans animation. When a series goes on long, the animation is supposed to get BETTER! Not the other way around. Same goes for Johnny Test. Course that show was terrible to begin with even with the okay animation.

....yeah pretty much just answered my own question there.

Okay somethin' to whine about, OH! Ugly Americans animation. When a series goes on long, the animation is supposed to get BETTER! Not the other way around. Same goes for Johnny Test. Course that show was terrible to begin with even with the okay animation.
I actually know several different people who animated for Ugly Americans, at three different animation studios. And I know exactly why the animation quality went down. And it makes sense. But since I personally didn't work on the show, I'm not even supposed to know any of what I do know, so I can't pass on the information.

But you'll have to trust me, they have reasons.

I actually know several different people who animated for Ugly Americans, at three different animation studios. And I know exactly why the animation quality went down. And it makes sense. But since I personally didn't work on the show, I'm not even supposed to know any of what I do know, so I can't pass on the information.

But you'll have to trust me, they have reasons.
...WHAT? Great, now I feel bad. I can still think Johnny Test sucks right? But mostly, COOL! Are you an animator?

...WHAT? Great, now I feel bad. I can still think Johnny Test sucks right? But mostly, COOL! Are you an animator?
Enh. Don't feel bad. They know the quality of the animation went down. That's both the cause and result of it switching animation studios so much.

I guess technically, yes? It feels weird to actually call myself one though. I haven't actually gotten paid yet, because I'm still learning the software and am way behind on my quota for completed scenes. But I am animating, and theoretically it is for money.

In my mind I'm still an animation student, even though I graduated a year ago.