Whine like a baby, now with 500% more drama!

UUUUUUUGH, I loved reruns of WKRP when I was kid, literally every day after school when I was 7-10. Also, was completely gutted when the DVD released gutted all the music out of the show.

Ahh, Christ, now my Bailey crush is back.

Last edited:

GasBandit

Staff member
Alright, this is it... today is our first day of broadcasting the Cowboys...

I'm expecting a total trainwreck on air.

Ooh my mom is now posting quotes to Facebook that are obviously about her opinions of my parenting, but she's not even going to say anything because she is the queen of passive aggressive.

GasBandit

Staff member
I am, but I'm working crappy shifts at the moment :p

Someone tape the whole thing and edit it for funnies, mm?:p
Well, the broadcast is 7 hours long, so it'll be signing off around 10 am for you, then. Of course, HOPEFULLY by then we'll have worked the kinks out.

GasBandit

Staff member
How do you fill 7 hours with . . . (pre?)preseason football? Who listens to that?
1 hour pregame show, 3 hour game, 3 hour postgame show.

I know, it blows my mind, too. especially given how we get so few commercials to play during the game (they only allot us something like 2 minutes of commercials per quarter). There better be a hell of a ratings boost from this, because monetarily, it's SO not worth it.

Some of the things talked about in here made me think of this:

Except of course in today's office he'd lay off 4 women at the end of the first week and expect the rest to pick up the slack.[DOUBLEPOST=1439485044,1439484970][/DOUBLEPOST]
You could unfollow her, that way you can passive-aggressively ignore her passive aggression. :D
Seems aggressive.

My son headbutted me in the nose tonight :( my left eye is starting to bruise and my cheek is starting to swell. I have a rough headache. With all my health issues going on I really don't need this too!

Our son has done it before and they have all seen how massive his head is. He broke my nose and gave me a concussion a few years ago. The good news is that I didn't hear or feel anything crunch this time.

My son headbutted me in the nose tonight :( my left eye is starting to bruise and my cheek is starting to swell. I have a rough headache. With all my health issues going on I really don't need this too!
Our son took a knife from the kitchen today and cut up his sheets with his "katana," also slicing the mattress pad underneath.
This is after he took 5 eggs from the kitchen into his room over this past weekend and broke them all there, claiming he was trying to recreate the explosion of the planet Krypton.
And these aren't even the worst things that have happened to us this week.

--Patrick

GasBandit

Staff member
Ok... ok... ok... whoo... I think we've got it working right, and my board op has at least a cursory idea of what he's doing, which is something I can't say for those jokers over in the spanish station studio which is airing the spanish version. But that's not my problem! If their PD can't even be bothered to make sure shit goes right, it's not my problem to fix. I've already helped out so I've gone beyond what I needed to, for them. My ducks are... arguably in a row. For the moment. Nnnnyyghh... not gonna say it's a success yet... but so far, it is doing what it is supposed to.

Ok... ok... ok... whoo... I think we've got it working right, and my board op has at least a cursory idea of what he's doing, which is something I can't say for those jokers over in the spanish station studio which is airing the spanish version. But that's not my problem! If their PD can't even be bothered to make sure shit goes right, it's not my problem to fix. I've already helped out so I've gone beyond what I needed to, for them. My ducks are... arguably in a row. For the moment. Nnnnyyghh... not gonna say it's a success yet... but so far, it is doing what it is supposed to.
"He don't know me very well, do he?"
Gremlin.jpg

Dorms open tomorrow, which they have been for 148 years now. Not that it matters to the workers or elderly hospital patients showing up on 15 minutes notice to find there aren't any rooms for at least 50 miles in any direction. It's gonna be my fault.

I hope to hell and back that all guests are in before I get there tonight. I've had to cancel reservations for bad credit cards on move-in night before, only to have those families show up at 2am and unable to understand why their worthless card wouldn't hold the room. To the point where police had to come and tell them to go to the third town down the road because it was their fault.

Our son took a knife from the kitchen today and cut up his sheets with his "katana," also slicing the mattress pad underneath.
This is after he took 5 eggs from the kitchen into his room over this past weekend and broke them all there, claiming he was trying to recreate the explosion of the planet Krypton.
And these aren't even the worst things that have happened to us this week.

--Patrick
oh my god! I'm speechless! I guess a head butt and boob jokes aren't so bad!

GasBandit

Staff member
Ok... I think things are under control enough here now that I can go home.

Switching gears, I've managed to get my work IP locked out of gasbanditry.com TWICE tonight because I was trying to rebuild the thumbnail cache on the image hoard, and apparently they've got a spamguard process on the server that watches out for processes trying to create files with certain keywords on them.

"Geass-fuck-yeah.gif" triggered it the first time last weekend, because it contained the phrase "ass-fuck."
Earlier today, "anal_sex_billboard.jpg" locked me out for matching the obvious phrase there.
And now I'm locked out again, got another ticket into my hosting to unblock my work IP and tell me what magic phrase flipped the breaker this time, so I can delete that file and continue building the thumbnail cache.

Boy, I bet the support guys over at GKG absolutely LOVE me by this point.

Ok... I think things are under control enough here now that I can go home.

Switching gears, I've managed to get my work IP locked out of gasbanditry.com TWICE tonight because I was trying to rebuild the thumbnail cache on the image hoard, and apparently they've got a spamguard process on the server that watches out for processes trying to create files with certain keywords on them.

"Geass-fuck-yeah.gif" triggered it the first time last weekend, because it contained the phrase "ass-fuck."
Earlier today, "anal_sex_billboard.jpg" locked me out for matching the obvious phrase there.
And now I'm locked out again, got another ticket into my hosting to unblock my work IP and tell me what magic phrase flipped the breaker this time, so I can delete that file and continue building the thumbnail cache.

Boy, I bet the support guys over at GKG absolutely LOVE me by this point.
Time for a little ROT13 lovin'?

--Patrick

And now work's gonna think HICCCAGGGNSS beats you.
My stepson's wife recently started MMA. After her first heavy sparring session, she went to work with a black eye and some facial abrasions. Even after she told them what happened, they still called the cops because they thought he did it.

Which is a good thing, I guess, since she knows her co-workers have her back. Luckily, the cops were more understanding.

fade

Staff member
When I was fencing a lot, I got big ugly lines up the inside of my elbow, since that's a good target for epee. Friends thought I was doing drugs.

Today is pink-slip day. We're cutting approximately 30 people from the shop and at least 10 from the office. We should know by 1:15pm if our name is on the list of people to be cut. I'm hovering between really, really hoping that my name is on the list, and wanting to keep my paycheck.