Whine like a baby, now with 500% more drama!

fade

Staff member
Man, Sam-I-Am has nothing on that dude who walks in a circle around Whiterun. NO I HAVEN'T TRIED MERCENARY WORK. I DONT CARE IF IT SUITS ME.

Man, Sam-I-Am has nothing on that dude who walks in a circle around Whiterun. NO I HAVEN'T TRIED MERCENARY WORK. I DONT CARE IF IT SUITS ME.
"Do you get to the Cloud District very often? Oh what am I saying, of course you don't."

"Olfrid! Patron of the great clan Battle-Born!"

"It's a fine day with you around."

"Terrible and powerful Talos! We, your unworthy servants, give praise! For only through your grace and benevolence may we truly reach enlightenment! And deserve our praise you do, for we are one! Ere you ascended and the Eight became Nine, you walked among us, great Talos, not as god, but as man! But you were once man! Aye! And as man, you said, 'Let me show you the power of Talos Stormcrown, born of the North, where my breath is long winter.' 'I breathe now, in royalty, and reshape this land which is mine. I do this for you, Red Legions, for I love you. Aye, love. Love! Even as man, great Talos cherished us. For he saw in us, in each of us, the future of Skyrim! The future of Tamriel! And there it is, friends! The ugly truth! We are the children of man! Talos is the true god of man! Ascended from flesh, to rule the realm of spirit! The very idea is inconceivable to our Elven overlords! Sharing the heavens with us? With man? Ha! They can barely tolerate our presence on earth! Today, they take away your faith. But what of tomorrow? What then? Do the elves take your homes? Your businesses? Your children? Your very lives? And what does the Empire do? Nothing! Nay, worse than nothing! The Imperial machine enforces the will of the Thalmor! Against its own people! So rise up! Rise up, children of the Empire! Rise up, Stormcloaks! Embrace the word of mighty Talos, he who is both man and Divine!"

Zappit

Staff member
Well, I started the process on getting a new position. Given that my notice came so late, there weren't many teaching jobs left. (in communities that I'm comfortable working) Hopefully, within the next few days, I'll be a paraprofessional, and have my insurance again. Cross your fingers that doesn't get screwed up.

Pros: I get my insurance back with no gap in coverage.
I still get to work in the same building.
I know the room, the team, and the kids there.
I will be paid more than as a sub. Nearly thirty dollars more a day.
I'll be part of the union, so this outsourcing nonsense won't surprise me again.
This newfound security gives me tremendous peace of mind.

Cons: It's not a teacher position. It's technically a step back.
It won't be the easiest job. I'll be working with kids with severe disabilities.
I'm really going to miss floating around and seeing everybody.
I will have to work for part of the summer.

"Terrible and powerful Talos! We, your unworthy servants, give praise! For only through your grace and benevolence may we truly reach enlightenment! And deserve our praise you do, for we are one! Ere you ascended and the Eight became Nine, you walked among us, great Talos, not as god, but as man! But you were once man! Aye! And as man, you said, 'Let me show you the power of Talos Stormcrown, born of the North, where my breath is long winter.' 'I breathe now, in royalty, and reshape this land which is mine. I do this for you, Red Legions, for I love you. Aye, love. Love! Even as man, great Talos cherished us. For he saw in us, in each of us, the future of Skyrim! The future of Tamriel! And there it is, friends! The ugly truth! We are the children of man! Talos is the true god of man! Ascended from flesh, to rule the realm of spirit! The very idea is inconceivable to our Elven overlords! Sharing the heavens with us? With man? Ha! They can barely tolerate our presence on earth! Today, they take away your faith. But what of tomorrow? What then? Do the elves take your homes? Your businesses? Your children? Your very lives? And what does the Empire do? Nothing! Nay, worse than nothing! The Imperial machine enforces the will of the Thalmor! Against its own people! So rise up! Rise up, children of the Empire! Rise up, Stormcloaks! Embrace the word of mighty Talos, he who is both man and Divine!"
I have to kill Heimskr every time I start playing Skyrim over. Just reading that makes me want to open the console and kill him again.

Years ago there was a transporter accident that split her in two. They went their separate ways. Wasabi Poptart, she stayed with us. But WildSoul, well, she moved to Texas.
Wasabi would not go to Texas of her own volition, though her "Transporter clone" might have. There was that accident that was in my lab a few years ago. I told her it was all a bad dream she had.

Wasabi would not go to Texas of her own volition, though her "Transporter clone" might have. There was that accident that was in my lab a few years ago. I told her it was all a bad dream she had.
This explains why my mom is always talking about the "clone closet".

I have to kill Heimskr every time I start playing Skyrim over. Just reading that makes me want to open the console and kill him again.
What about Confessor Cromwell, in Fallout 3?

"Behold! He's coming with the clouds! And every eye shall be blind with his glory! Every ear shall be stricken deaf to hear the thunder of his voice! Let the men, women, and children of the Earth come forth to gather and behold the power of Atom. Let those who dwell here in his favored land attend now to the word to the prophet of Atom. Come forth and drink the waters of the glow. For this ancient weapon of war is our salvation, it is the very symbol of Atom's glory. Let it serve as a reminder of the division that has occurred in the past, and the resplendence of the promise of our division in the times to come. Give your bodies to Atom my friends. Release yourself to his power! Feel his glow, and be divided. There shall be no tears, no sorrows, no suffering. For in the division we shall see our release from the pain and hardships of this world. Yea, your suffering shall exist no longer, it shall be washed away in Atom's glow. Burned from you in the fire of its brilliance. Each of us shall give birth to a billion stars formed from the mass of our wretched and filthy bodies. Each of us shall be mother and father to a trillion civilizations. Each of us shall know peace, shall know an end to pain, and shall know Atom in his glory. I urge you my friends, come drink with me and pray. Glorious atom I give unto you these feeble bones, I present to your will this frail body."

Zappit

Staff member
The saga continues. On the plus side, I will have a job regardless. However, after lumping in the building subs with the call in subs on this outsourcing move, it seems the district is re-evaluating parts of that move. Don't know what is means, but I'm hoping it means my old job remains intact. Fingers crossed. I'll find out Monday.

GasBandit

Staff member
In doing some maintenance on my personal website, I tripped some sort of trigger and blocked myself out of my own site. It still works on my phone or if I remote login to my work computer, but I time out both on HTTP and FTP trying to access gasbanditry.com. My hosting company doesn't leave this sort of protection to the end user, so there's nothing I can do in my site's cpanel to fix it. I fire off an email to my hosting support. Haven't heard back from them, and it was hours ago. I'm sure they'll get to it eventually, but I was working on stuff, you know? I have to do this kind of work when the impetus seizes me! By the time they get around to unblocking me, my giveashit might have up and left :/

In doing some maintenance on my personal website, I tripped some sort of trigger and blocked myself out of my own site. It still works on my phone or if I remote login to my work computer, but I time out both on HTTP and FTP trying to access gasbanditry.com. My hosting company doesn't leave this sort of protection to the end user, so there's nothing I can do in my site's cpanel to fix it. I fire off an email to my hosting support. Haven't heard back from them, and it was hours ago. I'm sure they'll get to it eventually, but I was working on stuff, you know? I have to do this kind of work when the impetus seizes me! By the time they get around to unblocking me, my giveashit might have up and left :/
Try tethering through your phone? Mebbe get a new IP address that isn't blocked?

--Patrick

Oh god I have spent so much time in the car since Thursday morning that my thigh muscles are tight and sore and horrible and I tried running on the treadmill in my hotel and I had to give up after 7 minutes of running because my legs wanted to commit suicide.

Ugh, what a night. Spent the evening trying to wingman my buddy and help him hook up, but he's so short and has kind of a funny voice that it's REALLY hard. He's such a good guy too, but his women issues are fucking legendary amongst the circle of friends I have. Humble brag, but trying to deflect women from myself to him was a God damn chore. It's not like I'm actually pretty or anything. I'm like a solid 5/10 with a slightly above average build and height. Even my voice is a little goofy, from all of you who have heard me talk.

ALSO, I'm fucking lonely, since I decided to come home alone.

I really, REALLY miss my ex.

She shouldn't be my God damn ex.

Last edited:
As an aside, my husband's family is very loud and boisterous, and it keeps giving me sensory meltdowns. Yesterday it took every ounce of self control I could muster to not scream at everyone to shut up. Today I've been sitting outside on the porch since we're going back out in a little bit anyways, but I can still hear them. At least it's only coming from one direction now.

Be angry until it gets under my skin and I get dejected, then once that's happened become perky and happy and ask me what's wrong.

Stay classy, family.

GasBandit

Staff member
Well, today's not off to a great start. Overslept, and apparently the boss called while I was in the shower, and I didn't see it till I checked my phone just now. He's been in a meeting since I got here, but I'm sure I'll hear about this when he gets out.

On the plus side, the underling got me some sopapillas.

GasBandit

Staff member
Boss didn't even notice I was late. The call was about something I couldn't help anyway, atmospheric ducting causing one of our stations to sound crappy. The engineer did what he could by powering down the main transmitter and switching to the backup (which is in the building as opposed to out in the sticks) to try to increase our local coverage, but even that only helps so much.

Meanwhile there's so much on my plate right now I'm closer than I have been in recent memory to FREAKING OUT. First cowboy's game is this thursday, and I just learned nobody contacted the board operator! NNGYAAAAWWWHH