Whine like a baby, now with 500% more drama!

Went to the doctor yesterday for my anxiety issue. Upped my dose of Zoloft to 150mg and told me that I need to drink more alcohol because I've eliminated my other two stress relief outlets (smoking and eating sugary foods) and I'm just bottling things up until I explode. Also referred me to a behavioral councilor, but that takes two weeks or more to set up, so in the meantime, my doctor's semi-official orders are to drink more. Last time she tried giving me weed, but it makes me more anxious, not less.

Went to the doctor yesterday for my anxiety issue. Upped my dose of Zoloft to 150mg and told me that I need to drink more alcohol because I've eliminated my other two stress relief outlets (smoking and eating sugary foods) and I'm just bottling things up until I explode. Also referred me to a behavioral councilor, but that takes two weeks or more to set up, so in the meantime, my doctor's semi-official orders are to drink more. Last time she tried giving me weed, but it makes me more anxious, not less.
...I want your doctor :p

(but not your issues)

This is the first time I've heard a doctor suggest picking up a vice to combat another vice. Does no one macrame anymore??

I've never heard of a doctor encouraging people to drink alcohol while on an SSRI. It's usually contraindicated because the effects of the alcohol can be increased and the combination may also increase your symptoms of depression/anxiety. This kind of blows my mind.

That moment when working on cosplay and you decide you completely hate how a piece looks and you just have to start again from square one.

My father in law asked me if we needed to use lighter fluid to start the camp fire tonight.

What the fuck.....
Some people don't know how to build fires.
Other people don't know how to put them out.
Which one you prefer kinda depends on context.

--Patrick

Tried to replace a cracked screen on an iPad mini. Everything's going well, but I forgot to double check if everything's working before applying adhesive. So of course, when I try to turn it back on, I am greeted with a blank screen. I fucked something up.

But that's not why I'm whining.

The next day I remove the replacement screen to see what I did wrong, and in doing so, the screen cracked. So even if the IPad is salvageable, I'll have to buy another screen.

But that's not why I'm whining.

After cracking the screen, it occurs to me I should try to force shut down the mini just in case. I press the home button, and the damn screen lights up with a low battery warning.

I didn't mess up anything! The iPad just needed to recharge (which didn't occur to me, since it was fully charged before I replaced the screen. I can only guess that loosening the adhesive with heat caused the battery to discharge).

So now I get to wait for another screen to arrive and do this all over again. Bah!

My wife got chikungunya. Now It's only a matter of time before Gabriela and I get sick too. This was a great birthday.

GasBandit

Staff member
My wife got chikungunya. Now It's only a matter of time before Gabriela and I get sick too. This was a great birthday.
Wow, it's not often I have to look up a disease I'd not heard of previously. That sucks... but isn't it transmitted by mosquito bites? Does that mean that, given your wife got bit, you're certain you and your daughter got bit as well, or are you expecting it to go airborne?

Wow, it's not often I have to look up a disease I'd not heard of previously. That sucks... but isn't it transmitted by mosquito bites? Does that mean that, given your wife got bit, you're certain you and your daughter got bit as well, or are you expecting it to go airborne?
I'm almost certain we all got bit. And even if we didn't, there is an epidemy going on. Even if our house is mosquito proof, that bug is everywhere.

fade

Staff member
FWP
Christmas 1998 my wife bought me a trainer RC airplane. I built it and tested it, but I never flew it. I've been carting it around ever since. I've often scavenged the radio and servos (usually for Halloween) but I always put them back. Why not fly? Well because it's not too easy to find a place to take off a model plane with a tiny Diesel engine and a 6' wingspan. It's illegal to do it in most parks and I've seen cops run flyers out. There are clubs but they're full of conservative old men almost everywhere I go, require high dues and a membership to AMA. The latter is mostly for insurance because these things have been known to kill. Anyway, I decided it's time to sell it. Well, I invested probably around $400 bucks in this thing not even adjusting for inflation. Now thanks to the popularity of quadcopters, it's probably worth about $100. Stupid supply and demand. On top of that I've had not one bite at that price.

Cajungal

Staff member
One thing I won't miss about being a science teacher--parents assume you're some kind of crazy hoarder. I can't count how many parents come into my classroom with dusty old cardboard boxes... Hi, I was going through my attic, and this is essentially garbage, but we thought you might want to look through it first for anything useful! My first year, I was polite and looked through their junk. Now, I take the box, thank them, and either goodwill it or throw it the hell away.

fade

Staff member
One thing I won't miss about being a science teacher--parents assume you're some kind of crazy hoarder. I can't count how many parents come into my classroom with dusty old cardboard boxes... Hi, I was going through my attic, and this is essentially garbage, but we thought you might want to look through it first for anything useful! My first year, I was polite and looked through their junk. Now, I take the box, thank them, and either goodwill it or throw it the hell away.
You should rig up a Doc Brown mind reading apparatus to meet them at the door with.