Whine like a baby, now with 500% more drama!

Damn it. One of the teeth that I was supposed to have surgically removed last September (but have had to put off due to work situations) snapped off below the gumline last night and is now just wobbling around loose. I can't figure out what's holding the damn thing in and don't want to break it off and choke on it tonight when I'm trying to sleep.

doomdragon6

Staff member
Damn it. One of the teeth that I was supposed to have surgically removed last September (but have had to put off due to work situations) snapped off below the gumline last night and is now just wobbling around loose. I can't figure out what's holding the damn thing in and don't want to break it off and choke on it tonight when I'm trying to sleep.
aaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH

Snowed for nine hours. Then rained all over it. Then froze in the night.

Now it's time to shovel that shit--woo!
Not quite what happened here, but close. 4" of snow in the last 2 hours of my shift yesterday. Then rain, and now ice. Car gave up on the last 20 feet of hill before my driveway coming home this morning. If I'd tried going down instead, I'd have either slid right past or spun into a neighbor's yard.

Not quite what happened here, but close. 4" of snow in the last 2 hours of my shift yesterday. Then rain, and now ice. Car gave up on the last 20 feet of hill before my driveway coming home this morning. If I'd tried going down instead, I'd have either slid right past or spun into a neighbor's yard.

A

Anonymous

Anonymous

I'm a part time worker and I'm on the verge of losing my job because of missed time. I'm fighting my depression and I want to go back to school but...nothing seems to be going my way. I feel like everything right now is my fault. My boyfriend I think is mad at me but I don't know for sure because he's not speaking to me at the moment :/ Things just aren't going as planned.

New girl A quit. Or more precisely, didn't show up for her scheduled shift a week ago last Friday. New girl B was hired Monday. Worked two shifts after training and has now also quit.

My two scheduled nights off were already split. I had to put my foot down to keep both of them. Thanks to the weather, I've barely been able to get to the store to replenish. Out of nearly everything.

There's a new girl at work. She's drop dead gorgeous. The kind of gorgeous that kinda hits you in the face. One of the most beautiful women I've ever seen. So naturally, I go talk to her.

She's really sweet, funny. Nice girl. And then...

Her: "This is my first real job, but there's limits on how much I can work here because I'm 17."

!!!

Brain: What? She looks like she's in her mid 20's. Time to get outta...

Her: "But I turn 18 in two months."

Brain: Standby. Await further orders.

So now I feel like a creepy @GasBandit

There's a new girl at work. She's drop dead gorgeous. The kind of gorgeous that kinda hits you in the face. One of the most beautiful women I've ever seen. So naturally, I go talk to her.

She's really sweet, funny. Nice girl. And then...

Her: "This is my first real job, but there's limits on how much I can work here because I'm 17."

!!!

Brain: What? She looks like she's in her mid 20's. Time to get outta...

Her: "But I turn 18 in two months."

Brain: Standby. Await further orders.

So now I feel like a creepy @GasBandit
Heh Gasbandit.

I am back at work after six days off for Chinese New Year. I've pretty much forgotten how to do my job.

Which is okay, I suppose, because they're transferring me to a new, harder job starting in March.

I work for a school district. Twice so far this year, once due to cold temps and once due to snow, they have put students on a 2 hour delay. Faculty and staff still have to come in at the regular times, though. So we come in, heat & light the buildings, and then proceed to sit around for 2 hours doing nothing because there are no students.

All other districts in our area are either on a 2-hr delay for everyone OR have closed for the day entirely.

The thing that really gets me is if all the kids came in at the normal time, they would have missed the worst of the weather. Instead, they are smack in the middle of it now since it has been snowing/sleeting for the last couple of hours. It is turning back to rain currently, but it is supposed to flip back & forth until about 11am.

So I feed the family, clean the kitchen, get the kids bathed and ready for bed, finished my chores and settle down for a night of tv. Agent Carter finale is in a few hours and nothing else of interest is on so I decide to watch Of Mice and Men from the DVR.

Our cat Lulu decides that my lap is the perfect place for a nap. She gives me unabashed unconditional cat love for an eternity. I'm talking full blown draping herself across me and purring until she starts snoring she is so comfortable. This is a very rare occurrence, she might otherwise just join me for a moment before deciding that the DVR is a warmer place to sleep. So I am really enjoying it and prolonging it as best I can. I remain motionless and just enjoy the movie.

Then when Agent Carter starts my wife picks up the cat and says "Who's a sleepy kitty? " puts her down on the ground and continues with "Now that the cat's off you , can you make me a tea?"

WTF.

Just had to borrow a not-insubstantial amount of money from my parents. They're able to lend it, I'm able to pay it back, but DAMN IT! I'm almost 35 years old, I shouldn't have to be borrowing money from my parents to pay rent and bills anymore. Especially not since my wife and I combined make almost as much money as my parents do per year. Though, they don't have a $1500 rent payment each month, so that saves them quite a bit of money.

So I feed the family, clean the kitchen, get the kids bathed and ready for bed, finished my chores and settle down for a night of tv. Agent Carter finale is in a few hours and nothing else of interest is on so I decide to watch Of Mice and Men from the DVR.

Our cat Lulu decides that my lap is the perfect place for a nap. She gives me unabashed unconditional cat love for an eternity. I'm talking full blown draping herself across me and purring until she starts snoring she is so comfortable. This is a very rare occurrence, she might otherwise just join me for a moment before deciding that the DVR is a warmer place to sleep. So I am really enjoying it and prolonging it as best I can. I remain motionless and just enjoy the movie.

Then when Agent Carter starts my wife picks up the cat and says "Who's a sleepy kitty? " puts her down on the ground and continues with "Now that the cat's off you , can you make me a tea?"

WTF.
@Squidleybits, you get a Major FAIL for this.

OMG the weather went from reasonable winter day to "OMFG I CAN'T SEE ANYTHING BUT WHITE" right before I had to get my son from school. Am currently sitting at home debating if I should get my daughter now instead of letting her do her after school shit, or hope it's calmed down in an hour.

GasBandit

Staff member
OMG the weather went from reasonable winter day to "OMFG I CAN'T SEE ANYTHING BUT WHITE" right before I had to get my son from school. Am currently sitting at home debating if I should get my daughter now instead of letting her do her after school shit, or hope it's calmed down in an hour.
Be careful. That sounds like the part of the movie where the wife gets in a car wreck.