Whine like a baby, now with 500% more drama!

doomdragon6

Staff member
> Maintained absolutely no contact with my ex for about a month
> She e-mails me the other night asking if there will be "any problems" at our friends' wedding that we're both a part of
> Take offense, feel much better about moving on
> Don't respond yet
> Less than a full day later she sends another e-mail asking somewhat desperately if I got her last one
> Bwa ha ha. She's still desperate and thinking about me. All her meanness in the past is a mask!
> Respond. We go back and forth a bit. I start nice, but end up being a little cold and cut the conversation short.
> Feel bad and send a longer explanation and say that I think we probably shouldn't try to be super good friends just yet and that while we're healing, our wounds are still a bit fresh.
> She takes even more offense and says "I don't entirely understand. But ok. Whatever you want. See ya. Sorry."
> Feel worse because I thought my message was less dickish.

Well, I guess I effectively let her know I can't have her in my life right now, but I still feel like the bad guy here.

I would guess that despite everything she says, I'm still on her mind a lot. She doesn't seem to regret getting with her new guy, but she seems upset when I say chatting might not be a good idea? I dunno. Last time we talked I was still very much depressed and focused on her. Maybe she doesn't like not having me wrapped around her finger anymore?

Well anyway. I don't expect she'll e-mail me again anytime soon. But now I just feel bad. Feel like I hurt her more. Bah.

doomdragon6

Staff member
Right, I forgot the update where I had my "wake up magically moved on". I've actually been feeling a lot better and even gone on a few dates. I'm finally living in the present instead of dwelling on the past or worrying about the future.

Hilariously, she sent that e-mail like 2-3 days after I had my magic wakeup. So I was "moved on" for the conversation, but she kept trying to press my buttons, so I told her we probably couldn't talk yet. Then she got upset or took offense or whatever.

I don't like putting people down, is all.

Due to the calamitous onset of the inclement conditions (Ermagerd, sner! ), my micro-managing Napoleonic Captain has ordered my watch to come in at 0700.

I usually get off from my off-duty gig at 0700. So I have to lose money in order to satisfy his capriciousness in an endeavor that's entirely unnecessary. Great.

A

Anonymous

Anonymous

Non-plussed: I will be getting a bit more than US$900 back from my state in income tax refund.

Unfortunately, just over US$1k will be going to the feds. And my tax filing program won't let me file the state before the feds.

Dear whoever neighbor...

Thank you for shooting the wild boars in the neighborhood, they are a major pest. But please quit dumping them in the ditches. The vultures and smell are starting to get ridiculous.

Wait, isn't it freezing all over the US? He's delivering free wild boar meat, frozen to maintain freshness, ready to eat, and you're complaining? Sheesh :p

Err, I don't know how much of a difference there is between your wild boar and our wild boar, but....It's a very typical and highly regarded type of wild game over here. I don't know what you feed your boar to make'm taste like piss, these guys:

are bloody yummy and I'll eat them anytime, given the chance. Well, bred ones, preferably, as the wild ones are endangered in Belgium and the Netherlands...

Well, bred ones, preferably, as the wild ones are endangered in Belgium and the Netherlands...
WTF, they are becoming a real pest over here in germany. Not a day where I don't get complaints from people whose front yard or back lawn has been plowed by a bunch of those yummy bastards. I'll probably tell our hunters to catch some and ship them your way, might also keep those guys occupied as well.

Sometimes we must ask why.

Such as, why did I eat four brownies, enough to give me a stomach ache?

And then, already not feeling well, why did I eat a nearly one pound bag of teriyaka beef jerky?

At least I have an answer to why I'm not at work right now. Ha ha ha harrrgh ...

Sometimes we must ask why.

Such as, why did I eat four brownies, enough to give me a stomach ache?

And then, already not feeling well, why did I eat a nearly one pound bag of teriyaka beef jerky?

At least I have an answer to why I'm not at work right now. Ha ha ha harrrgh ...
I have a coworker who's started running a twitter account for an organisation, and she has been writing hashtags on the work whiteboard with things like #freejellybeanremorse

I guess you have #fourbrownieremose #stomacheacheplusteriyakibeefjerkyequalsremorse

Getting better.

Now I get to whine about the 12-hour shift I'll be pulling tomorrow. But it's okay, so long as my stomach behaves itself and because it'll be Friday.

Zappit

Staff member
Getting a cold. Blah. Sore throat on one side, and curious, I went onto the Internet to see what it might be. It could be due to the cold that half my students and half my family has, or it's complications due to tonsillitis.

fade

Staff member
Getting a cold. Blah. Sore throat on one side, and curious, I went onto the Internet to see what it might be. It could be due to the cold that half my students and half my family has, or it's complications due to tonsillitis.

omg so far I'm getting a B in my counseling theory course. Laugh at me all you want. I know it's ridiculous. I'm really unhappy about it though.

What are you having issues with?
The B.

--Patrick
Patrick hit the nail on the head. LOL[DOUBLEPOST=1391459958,1391459773][/DOUBLEPOST]
THERAPY.

Oh, wait, you aren't asking for advice here, are you?
:p
Fortunately the only therapy I need is to stop worrying about everything I need to get done and actually do it or delegate it to other members of the household so it gets done.

Console yourself with tea and rum and cakes. Or just the rum. You'l be surprised how good that B will look after a couple of glasses.

Console yourself with tea and rum and cakes. Or just the rum. You'l be surprised how good that B will look after a couple of glasses.
I pre-consoled myself yesterday with jello shots (margarita, tropical something with rum, and orange creamcicle with vanilla vodka). I think water works for today, but cake sounds good.

I'm starting to have that beginning on a crush feeling on a girl I've started talking to in my animation class.

I'm probably going to botch it and awkwardly avoid eye contact with her for the rest of the semester.